• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
hey, i've recently gotten into this game. I've been noticing that certain pokemon are missing from the game (obviously). Does anyone have some sort of comprehensive list of pokes we can get? Currently looking for baltoy/claydol. not sure if they're available. others i was curious about are solosis and chandelure (dusk stone?).

thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
someone can help me play this? im new here and i dont understand about it, how can i play this hacked rom? really dummie tutorial please?

AlyoshaHacks

RS Hacker and Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
someone can help me play this? im new here and i dont understand about it, how can i play this hacked rom? really dummie tutorial please?
To run it, download Fusoya's Lunar IPS, Download the file, run it with LIPS, then find an unhacked Ruby ROM. I prefer RomHustler's USA ROM.
Now open Visual Boy Advance. Go to OPtions, then Emulator, then Save Type and change to Flash 128k. Now run the Pokémon Ruby(USA).gba in Visual Boy Advance.
Hope it helps!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
,,wont work..i did everything..even changed the rom hack because i heard its needed, but either ways wont work.. ffs just the normal ruby game launches...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
,,wont work..i did everything..even changed the rom hack because i heard its needed, but either ways wont work.. ffs just the normal ruby game launches...

When you patch it I think they have to have the same name

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
someone know the full process with all detail on how to play a rom hack? particulary this one? english or portuguese is fine

Yukari

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
i'm curently in sean port gym when i save my file.
and after lucas defeated me, i reloaded the saved file.
and after that the bridge towards the exit is missing!

oops!
im sory it's all good after i reloaded my save file!!!
HAHA!
btw THNKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!!!
wish you a advanced merry christmass

oops!
im sory it's all good after i reloaded my save file!!!
HAHA!
btw THNKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!!!
wish you a advanced merry christmass

where can i buy pokeballs?
i only see ultra ball in the poke mart

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2014
Hello! I'm looking for a Frillish, where does it appears? I used Dive in the way to Elite Four and there was no Frillish there... Where I can find it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
comment

where can i find the 7th gym leader
coz when i tried to go to the next route of route415 the guy keeps telling that i must have a strong poke....
plss help me!!!

I forgot to get the amulet coin when I started and am past the 7th badge... the only problem is the guy in central city says "think you can find a use for this" and he is supposed to hand over the amulet coin but does not.

Is this a glitch? or was I supposed to the the amulet coin when I first reached the city?

where did you find the 7th gym leader?
im stucked! i cant find the gym leader!
HELP ME!!!!

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
HELP NEEDED

For some reason, the rom is glitching with regards to repeating events. For example, when I reach the Lauren League Champion, its Kaori from Zhery, and if I beat him I'm inducted into the Zhery Hall of Fame AGAIN...and this also means that Ash isn't by the Arceus statue to give me the world pass, so I can't advance any further in the game. There's also the in game events of the Alakazam and the Enigma Berry, the gym leader being at the mines, and the Team Steam blocking the path where I have to use dig...so what's going on? Any way around it?

ALSO

Some people like Lance and Prof. Ellie are in spots that they would have normally been in for in-game events, but you can't interact with them. They don't move and if you click A when facing them, they don't respond.

It's been a long time, but I don't believe the Zhery League and the Lauren League are in the same place. You went back to the wrong place and an event repeated.

Events repeating after the first region is a known problem, and one that I don't care to solve.

If there is any portuguese in the ROM, you're using an incorrect ROM or an outdated patch or have patched it incorrectly or need to delete your .sav/.sa1 files from a previous incorrect patching.

The most recent version is in the 'final' link in my signature.

While I have no metric for any of the Sendspace links I've posted, the 'Final' Mediafire link has received over 55,000 downloads.

This has been a PSA from your erstwhile only-logging-in-every-month-or-so translator, since apparently these things need to be repeated every couple of pages. XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Zheri or Lauren? It's severely lacking to say "7th" gym leader as this hack has two regions.
in zhery,
Ops i found her!!
haha!!
she's just meditating in the cave!!
-_-

BTW
i have another problem.
when i went outside the sky tower after defeating the team steam
the guard in front of the sky tower is blocking my way!!
and unfortunately i dont have a flying pokemon in my party!!!!
how do i get him outa my way?

Walk through walls does work on this, I'm not sure if you need the master code but here it is anyways.

Using GPSP,
Gameshark_v3 Master Code Enable
9E6AC862 823AB7A8
46B7D9E4 A709E9E1

Gameshark_v3 Walk Through Walls
CE2CCCB25D8D815D

thnks for this! it realy helped me!
i only wish that it will not affect the gameplay later on!{XD}

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 7, 2021
Hi! The only problem I've encountered so far is evolving Eevee into Espeon. At level 33, it started evolving at level up but always into Umbreon. I currently hit lvl 40 and still Umbreon. The game doesn't have night and day system and even if it does, I'm playing at day time on my phone. Help would be much appreciated. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
This was my all time favourite game! I feel like playing it again! Or maybe make a video!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi! The only problem I've encountered so far is evolving Eevee into Espeon. At level 33, it started evolving at level up but always into Umbreon. I currently hit lvl 40 and still Umbreon. The game doesn't have night and day system and even if it does, I'm playing at day time on my phone. Help would be much appreciated. :)
I think there's no way no change that unless by editing the Eevee evolution due to what you already said... absence of day and night system.
YAPE will bug the ROM, though.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Most phone emulators do not handle RTC well, meaning even though the base rom Ruby has a time clock, it most likely won't work on your phone. Try moving the game to your computer and running it under VBA with the real time clock option checked.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013

Is it possible use cheat codes on your ROM? Wouldnt normally advocate it, but it might work as a get-around to your problem by hacking yourself up an Espeon. Would advise you to only do this if you have self control and would resist any other cheating so you don't ruin your own gaming experience.

Back