• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
oh, okay thethethethe. I'll try it out, but I have to mke a back-up file first. ^^

thanks again.

- edited -

btw.., i just remembered. In the hacking tutorials, there it states that in using flags, it is safe to use 200-300 and 800-(i forgot)... but as thethethethe posted, flag # 860 is used! So does that mean it is unsafe to use the flags 800-(as I said, I forgot)..?

Last edited:

Light_Lugia

Soul of the Sea
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 6, 2008
Ok, thanks. Oh, I have another question (lol). How do I change Pokemon's names, types and stuff? I have dexter, but it doesn't change type. Also, how do I change the dex info? (lol I sound like a n00b)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Nah. Don't be like that. I too started like that.

Anyways, goto scizz.com to download a hacking tool called NEA that stands for Name Editor Advnce to change the pkmn names. Thanks for thethethethe, now I know.

Changing the types, use an Amplifier. goto wah and download it there. There's a button there to translate the site to english.

dex info.., no idea. Eheheh...

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
Ok, thanks. Oh, I have another question (lol). How do I change Pokemon's names, types and stuff? I have dexter, but it doesn't change type. Also, how do I change the dex info? (lol I sound like a n00b)

You can change types by using Pokémon Amplifier(but it's Spanish) and you can change pokémon names by using Pokétronic(I think..).

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008

To change Pokemon's names, use PokeTronic.
Types I think Amplifier, or maybe PokeTronic.
Moves should be editted with Amplifier.
The dex information should be changed with dexter.. I think.
And finally, cries can be changed with PokeTronic, but you need their values.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
poketronic can change the names, but it will add some spaces to make the name contain 11 characters...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Just curious, why does my background appear purple in VBA when the border block is set to black in the map?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
I´m very, very, VERY sorry, but I have a question, and I think it has been asked more than one tíme (YES, I´ve used search and looked into the Toolressource):
Is there a program to change the Pokémon Sprites (NOT Overworld) in Red/Blue?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
@ Pieman...

you have probably used the wrong tile. I had the same problem once. try to experiment with the other black-colored tiles.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I forgot.., for it has been four months now since I last had that problem. I am currently mapping towns and routes and cities, so I ahven't touched anything in the inside as of now... Sorry if I couldn't help. But ya know, purple isn't half bad... I saw a hack (not in PC) with new buildings and the backround were all purple... the border, I mean...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Well, it's unacceptable for me. I want the most realism and professionalism I can get in my hacks. Plus, it's just plain inconsistent with all the black bordered insides, at the least.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hmm... so you're a perfectionist. nice. ^^

anyways, why not use the old rooms instead? just edit their warp scripts and it should be a-okay!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Well, I made the map inside (1,3) which the top floor of your rival's house in littleroot town, but I tried to kill the events by making a new map, and the border block was some weird part of a building.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
wah (dot) studiopokemon (dot) com/endex.php?go=herramientas/herramientas.php

Search for A-Tack. That might do what you're looking for.

Years
wah (dot) studiopokemon (dot) com/endex.php?go=herramientas/herramientas.php

Search for A-Tack. That might do what you're looking for.

Are you talking to me? Thanks, but A-Tack won't help me, neither will amplifier. I don't think you're understanding what I'm asking for. I doubt it's that simple. I'm pretty sure that the only way to do this is with a hex-editor, but I'm not sure where to look or what to change.

Oh and you're problem it would help if I could see a screenshot.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
spenceroone3 said:
Okay, thanks, but does anyone know where the hex's offset is so I can change it???

Do a trial and error search, by searching for 97 throughout the rom, it shouldn't take too long xD

thethethethe said:
I've got a question. Is it possible to 'repoint' the battle animation of an attack to let's say, 'Fly'. If it is possible, could you explain how to do this. Thanks in advance.

Have you found the current pointers or do you have an offset for where the name(text) is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back