• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I remember Mastuda being in a Movie Preview that correspoinded to a game and he's been invited for lesser "Surprising Announcements" as stated before.

They have almost guaranteed something brand spanking new with their Post Card/Greeting Card to that Japanese Magazine. Its not too far off that its not a coincidence. What could be airing is this "Continued Evolution of the Pokemon World". We could get something brand new, never been done before.

As for the Anniversary, Gen 3 Anniversary is over. It passed and we got Downloads for it in Japan, that was pretty much it. Very little chance of that passing into the US so far.

We still have the mystery Watches from the movie merchandise, and as it was said, Matsuda could be there to unveil the star or a Co-Star or even a Pokemon that plays a small pivital role like the Spiked Ear Pichu in the Arceus Movie.

Years
This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?

It wouldn't have anything to do with spin-offs because Gamefreak doesn't make them.

Would they really put a teaser like that in for a Wifi Event ?
(I've never caught a WiFi event in time so i wouldn't know)

They've done it before. I think its unlikely to be an event, but its not out of the question.

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
-gen VI/game announcement
-silhouette of the actual star in M16

This pretty much sums up what I think about it, though I think the second one is more likely.
They could reveal the silhouette on Pokemon Smash and then reveal the Pokemon this month's coro-coro, much like they did with Zorark.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Most of the possible scenarios of the announcement:
- Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the next movie
- Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the games.- Brand new main series game announced
- Remakes announced
- Wi-Fi event for a Pokémon in the next movie not yet revealed that we already know of (so any Gen 5 and below Pokémon)
- Wi-Fi event to tie into some sort of event that's coming up (I don't know something like National Eevee Day or something lol)- Wi-Fi event to tie into Pokémon Black 2/White 2.
- Wi-Fi event to tie into Mystery Dungeon.
- A side-game announced.

And from most of these, it's likely that it's more likely to be one of the "big ones" opposed to something little. But the fact that the teaser was after the broadcast of a game trailer it seems more likely to be about the games, whereas they could have just aired a trailer after a Pokémon episode aired if it was about the anime. But at the same time, a silhouette of a Pokémon doesn't mean "new games coming this year". Like before, Pokémon have been revealed before but their respective games haven't been released for a year or more. They could reveal a new Pokémon and it's only available in some 3DS side game as the pathway between the two generations.

Think about it. Some new side game featuring the usual Pokémon is released, however there is a small group of brand new Pokémon in it. They aren't compatible with the past games, but then a year later the first generation VI game is released where you can transfer Pokémon from the side game to the main series game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think they'd just release the main series game instead of a pathway game.A pathway game just seems unnecessary to me.

blue

gucci
Years
I can't see it being a spin-off, like I say I think we've had enough for Generation V. I do see it as perfect timing for Remakes but then again, it could just as easily be something else.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
It won't be a spin off, Game Freak made the announcement and they do not make Spin offs.

If it's an event I can see it connecting to the next games like Arceus, Celebi, E/R/S did.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.

Which announcement are you referring to? The one where everyone accepts the Gen 6 idea? Or that something big is coming on January 8th?

If the first one, a Magazine that posts Pokemon news printed that they got a Greeting Card saying that Gamefreak was furthering the "Evolution of the Pokemon World". It pretty much boils down to possible Gen 6 confirmation.

If its the January thing, Junichi Matsuda posted on Twitter sometime early this month that he filmed an episode of Pokemon Smash (Which is airing on the 6th, not the 8th). Recently after an episode of Pokemon they showed a commercial saying that there was news coming out on January 8th.

Honestly, I think that's just a longer sneak preview of the Opening episode to the new N/Plasma Arc which airs on the 17th since Smash is airing on the Sunday, 6th, and not on the 8th. Matsuda is going to be with one of his Programmers on the 6th as per Matsuda tweet.

So now I don't think the January 8th Announcement is anything other than a longer clip for the episode to air on the 17th or a better Movie Preview.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
If a new Gen is indeed coming in 2013, then I still expect an announcement in January like they did with Gen V in January 2010. So even if the January 8 announcement isnt it, I'm still expecting them to announce it sometime later in the month.

I can see what you are saying about them just showing a longer sneek peek of the upcoming anime arc, but think about it - why would they put that on a Tuesday when there is no related Pokemon shows that day? You would think they would show that on Smash, or on Thursday after the Pokemon episode airs. Tuesday wouldn't really make sense, which makes me think its not anime related at all.

As for Masuda/Morimoto appearing on Smash, apparently its just for a B2W2 tournament. Masuda has appeared before for these kind of things. However, I feel almost certain that Smash will foreshadow the announcement for January 8th.

They didn't really give us much to go off of in regards to the announcement, just that something will be announced on January 8th so we will surely have to get more details on the announcement soon such as a time etc, so Im sure Smash will foreshadow it. If it's going to be a game announcement, it would make sense for Masuda/Morimoto to foreshadow it at the end of the episode.

Im pretty certain Gen VI is next at this point, I just really do hope the remakes will come after it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...

Frlg remakes? you mean the remakes of red and and blue? i don't think so, but the rest of your ideas seem legit

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Well at least theres usually tons of spin-offs and stuff in those gap years, of which surely one is interesting enough ;D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.

Gamefreak already said there is no set pattern for release so you can't gauge what will be released based on what we've had in the past.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It's speculation, I'm not gauging or confirming anything. I should have explained it better. I'm not saying those "patterns" are set. Im talking more of in reference to development time. When they release a new generation, usually they need that year gap to work on the development of the next set of games coming. My point is, if Gen VI is released in 2013 there is a chance they will need 2014 off to work on the development of whatever games are coming next. The fact they need a gap year every time a new generation has been released since R/S indicates they usually need more development time after the main games of a generation are released as those completely brand new games take much more work than remakes/third versions/sequels.

blue

gucci
Years
Bottom line, as long as we get Remakes I'm happy.

Update regarding the Pokemon Smash Episode.

Junichi Masuda has stated on his Twitter account that Shigeki Morimoto will appear on January 6th's episode of Pokemon Smash. This is two days before Gamefreak is set to make some sort of big announcement. Morimoto has been involved in every main series Pokemon game, creating and programming the Pokemon battle systems along with the Pokemon Mew, and he was the director of HeartGold and SoulSilver...

So now, I think it's more likely to be a game announcement but whether it's Remakes, Gen VI or a completely new game I have no idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back