• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hmm, yes. I would really like some precise combat on a motion-sensor console. I think Kingdom Hearts would be somewhere good to start, considering there are quite a lot of games involving combat, and I think that it wouldn't be the most complicated using this game as a starting point. I know there are a few motion-sensor games with combat, but no precise, as in the in-game combat doesn't entirely replicate that of what you are actually doing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I sincerely hope the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 goes multiplatform with the Wii U, because I do not own a PS3.

It would depend on Square Enix, but their contract with Sony is usually what forces the bigger titles to come out for their system. Dream Drop Distance, Birth by Sleep, Chain of memories, and 358/2 are all considered spin off titles in the KH universe so they were produced between two different companies. Nintendo would have to make a deal with Sony and Square Enix to multiplatform KH3 which I don't think they'd do only because Sony would up the ante to keep it on the PS3.

Years
I would guess it would come out on on the other consoles and not just the PS3, as it doesn't seem to be a gaming exclusive for Sony.​

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And with the Wii U's specs being on par with the 360 and PS3, there's also a possiility for Square Enix to bring a main Final Fantasy game, to go along with KH3, back to a Nintendo console since the SNES days.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Harder? Thought it was the easiest game of all time. Literally breezed through the whole game just with a mediocre Pokemon. (Basculin.) I used Krookodile a bit and it wasn't till the end where I got my main team. Oh yeah, no grinding too.

Man B/W was an awful game to me. It really was the end of Pokemon for me. I could list all the problems I had with the game but eh, I won't bother.

Also, shouldn't any Pokemon related discussion be in their respective threads?

Years
And with the Wii U's specs being on par with the 360 and PS3, there's also a possiility for Square Enix to bring a main Final Fantasy game, to go along with KH3, back to a Nintendo console since the SNES days.
I think there is a chance that will happen, since the Wii U is a new console, new games need to be released and Square Enix have a good chance to bring back Final Fantasy if they so desire. I would like to see Kingdom Hearts on the Wii, but with precise motion-sensor combat, otherwise I guess the battling would be kinda boring if it is just you swinging your controller dully and then it pulls of a special combo move or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wii U is a motion sensor console?

Let's leave motion controls out of RPGs, please.

Years
I meant Wii, not the U, for Kingdom Hearts, even though it's too late now.

Also, for the motion-sensor, I guess it's just your opinion to say we should keep it out of RPGs, but I think I would find them more enjoyable; more into the action.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
As far as I know, you can use the Wii remote for them, but there's no motion controls. Even Xenoblade, a Nintendo published game (the same Nintendo that forced Retro to use waggle in DK Country Returns), was bundled with a classic controller pro.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't want motion controls. I mean, I am not an athletic person. I don't want to have to jump around in my room just to play a video game.

Years
Well, I am still very young so doing that kind of stuff pleases me. I guess it would be good if Nintendo's next Wii product allowed the user to opt how they would like to play the game, as in; the Wii would come with a motion-sensor controller as well as a regular controller and all games made for that console would be playable on both controllers. I think that would take a long time to work on, though, so it probably wouldn't really get implemented unless Nintendo see that as the right thing to do sometime.

RPGs probably will just stick to controller-based consoles since they involve a lot of moving and many people wouldn't want to bother. Even though some would find it enjoyable, some isn't a enough to sell millions, unfortunately.

In general, however, I would like to see more precise motion-sensor games, would make it a lot more fun and challenging.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Older gamers are too use to the old ways of video games and despise motion controls, giving them the reputation of being unfit.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't really think it's youth and age; it's just interest levels. It's not that uncommon to meet a gamer that's also athletic, I know quite a few myself. I am just not. I'm not now and I wasn't at 15. So running around to imitate the person I was playing never was appealing. :(

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I suppose that idea of "older gamers being unfit", is grounded in a valid notion.

I myself know that I am not so much "unfit", as horribly underweight from illness.
So I am in no place to argue the negative xD .

In regards to precise-motion gaming, it would certainly be enjoyable.
However... the games need to be vastly more immersive, to warrant purchasing extra motion-sensitive equipment (speaking of the PS3 & Xbox 360).
In terms of Nintendo; they're doing things rather well for now (in my opinion that is.)

Years
Well, there would be a lot of technology needed for precise motion-sensor gaming so I don't think we will see much of that too soon.

I don't think age would come into playing a game actively unless there was a big difference; I'm 15 now, and I love being able to move freely and play games in that sense, but at 80 or something I would just want to play games statically. I mean, my Grandma still plays games such as Wii Fit for hours and she isn't athletic. But it's always gonna be different for everyone, not all people will like the same thing.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I wouldn't want motion controls. I mean, I am not an athletic person. I don't want to have to jump around in my room just to play a video game.

Older gamers are too use to the old ways of video games and despise motion controls, giving them the reputation of being unfit.
I'm a boxer. I love boxing. I shadow box everyday and when I have the chance I exercise as well. And I still hate motion controls for the most part.

But it really depends on the game. Like I said, I'm a boxer, so when I bought Punch Out for the Wii I was so excited to try out my combinations and see if they work. (Probably not because Lil Mac is SO SLOW) Right when I started the game I tried to do a left jab and stupid Mac did a left body blow. Every time the guy kept doing a body blow. I checked the controls and apparently I had to press up on the d-pad to do a proper jab? No, screw that, not my problem Lil Mac is so little. After that I still kept on using Wiimote + Nunchucks because I thought it'd be good exercise stretching my arm but because the controls are so unresponsive and Mac is so slow I had to waggle. After losing so many times in the World Circuit against Soda Popinski I gave up and switched to Wiimote so I can play Punch Out with its classic controls and won on my first try. (And then proceeded to lose against Bald Bull shortly afterwards.)

But I love Skywards Sword. If anything it's the only thing I even liked about that game halfway through. A lot of people blame the motion controls for why they hate Skyward Sword, but really it's the weird design decision throughout the whole game. I stopped midway through the game because of the horrible padding but whenever I think about the game I keep wanting to slice some monsters.

It doesn't have to do with anything about being fit or lazy. It's how the game uses the motion controls.

On topic, I actually tried kinect sport boxing in a local store and good god it sucks. Not only can't the Kinect sensor keep up with my fast combination, but I can't even dodge. I don't even know how to deal damage either, because a proper right straight did as much as a left jab. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've played games with good motion controls and still didn't like them. So it's not the game. Maybe just personal opinion then.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But it really depends on the game. Like I said, I'm a boxer, so when I bought Punch Out for the Wii I was so excited to try out my combinations and see if they work. (Probably not because Lil Mac is SO SLOW) Right when I started the game I tried to do a left jab and stupid Mac did a left body blow. Every time the guy kept doing a body blow. I checked the controls and apparently I had to press up on the d-pad to do a proper jab? No, screw that, not my problem Lil Mac is so little. After that I still kept on using Wiimote + Nunchucks because I thought it'd be good exercise stretching my arm but because the controls are so unresponsive and Mac is so slow I had to waggle. After losing so many times in the World Circuit against Soda Popinski I gave up and switched to Wiimote so I can play Punch Out with its classic controls and won on my first try. (And then proceeded to lose against Bald Bull shortly afterwards.)

Funny you should say that, because I know some users who played Punch Out!! without a problem using motion controls. It entirely depends on where you placed your sensors.

But I love Skywards Sword. If anything it's the only thing I even liked about that game halfway through. A lot of people blame the motion controls for why they hate Skyward Sword, but really it's the weird design decision throughout the whole game. I stopped midway through the game because of the horrible padding but whenever I think about the game I keep wanting to slice some monsters.

Yet Skyward Sword won many awards and was regarded as one of the greatest games of all time, according to a mod from BMGF.

On topic, I actually tried kinect sport boxing in a local store and good god it sucks. Not only can't the Kinect sensor keep up with my fast combination, but I can't even dodge. I don't even know how to deal damage either, because a proper right straight did as much as a left jab. :/

Kinect, along with Playstation Move, always have inferior motion controls compared to the Wii. Seriously, I've seen a few let's plays using Kinect and Playstation Move, and the players themselves are having serious trouble on those games.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
To make a minor deviation from the current discussion;

I genuinely hope that the Wii U eventually has an incredibly robust RPG library (classicals mind you [i.e. KoH, FF, DQ/W, Xeno-series, Chrono-series & Mana/Seiken Desnsetsu series.)

It has the makings of a platform which would allow wondrous micro-management of individual traits, abilities, turn-based combat & equipment selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back