• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
By the way, in Beta 5 X,
Spoiler:

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
By the way, in Beta 5 X,
Spoiler:

Not that I know. Mine didn't came with the Sacred Ash either, so probably not..

But now that you mention it;
Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere...

> ZORA caught Ho-oh! ... > Pokédex description ... > *returning to the rooftop* .. ZORA found a Master Ball!

Weird, huh?
Is it a glitch, orrrrr....? 0_o

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Ok, this is not the thread to post bugs, I ask you to go to the main thread.
My Ho-oh had sacred ash, and it's supposed to, I don't know why yours don't.
And the masterball thing is a bug. O.o Maybe it's the ROM. Do you have a previous savestate? Can anyone else confirm this?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Ok, this is not the thread to post bugs, I ask you to go to the main thread.
My Ho-oh had sacred ash, and it's supposed to, I don't know why yours don't.
And the masterball thing is a bug. O.o Maybe it's the ROM. Do you have a previous savestate? Can anyone else confirm this?

Nah, I don't have a previous savestate.

Well, I tried to achieve the same thing again ('cause I saved the game at another slot right before Ho-oh, thanks to the VisualBoy) and it even works when you Run away from battle.

Here you can see the screen where Ho-oh will disappear afterwards.
Notice this is right before it flashes black (or actually while it flashes black) and where you'll be standing on the rooftop.
You won't be able to see the full text though, like: "Obtained a Master Ball".

hoohglitchlx1.jpg

Well, I'll post this in the Main thread..

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
hown can i get lapras? & where is it?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Anyone encountered the bad egg yet? I just discovered that my Dunsparce turned into a Bad Egg today.

wtfbadegglo1.png

I didn't use cheats or anything which is usually when Bad Eggs are suppose to appear. Is there a cause to this?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
hown can i get lapras? & where is it?

Spoiler:

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Anyone have any suggestion for defeating Carlos's Chansey? At the beginning of the Ice path? Any suggestions for my team? I know I need a sixth man. Any good training places after I get the 7th badge?

Heres my team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Yeah i know carlos's chansey was such a pain to kill you might wanna add a fighting type pokemon or you could use a pokemon that knows a fighting type move, I managed to beat carlos chansey by using swampert and you could train in route 42 if you use surf you will see a patches of grass and you can train there or you can regester trainers numbers and then call them to see if they want to battle with the phone booth.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
In Shiny Gold X i don't remember he having a chansey.
Spoiler:

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Anyone know where I could find a good strong fighting pokemon? I dont know where many pokemon are in Shiny gold. It would be a wild goose chase....

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Yeah well you could just use a fighting type of pokemon like machop (train it) the rare fighting type pokemon like combuskin,blaziken,tyrogue,himonchan,hitmanlee,hitmontop are only obtained later in the game though so you could use a tms on your pokemon to beat carlos chansey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back