• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Storyline Speculation

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't know what to say about the storyline yet, buuut I really, really, really hope the storyline is more than just the typical "if you beat the champion you win the entire game and now you're in post game". Like, I want the story line to continue when you've become the champ; there should be a definite reason why you're the champ other than you've beaten everyone tbh.

I dunno, like, say you've become the champion; now you have to stop the evil team from making their plans in fruition. Kinda like in BW1 I guess, but... something more.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I want hoping for something more. Something better and neatly executed than BW. But I fear Pokemon would be stay like that as long as it aimed for kiddies

Years
I think it would be good to have a nice long well thought out storyline. It's so much more fun that way.

Maybe the gyms and stuff could be slower paced (like, the time and events between them). I mean, sometimes there's like, a lot you have to do between two certain gyms in any given game, but not so much the other ones... It'd be nice to have a very fleshed out story. And even after beating the gyms, there could be more of a story. Like, the gym fights would be over (and maybe the elite four too) but there could be more "bosses" that you have to beat. And not just random ones but like, ones that could actually further the game's progression and stuff.

I just hope it's really content rich. It'd be too boring otherwise. lol (Though I guess it'll always be pretty to look at anyway.)

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Team X and Team Y are respectively fighting for more land/sky. The most silliest story ever told.

Great idea. Maybe the possibility of two teams, fighting over the beautiful sky, or over the pleasent land. Or it could either be another take-over-the-world team.

Sirfetch’d

I think the story will definetly be centered around genetics. But other than that I have no idea.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Team X and Team Y are respectively fighting for more land/sky. The most silliest story ever told.

I was thinking this, probably why the Legendaries are so drastically different than one another - one can fly, one can't and looks pretty slow. I think they might be trying to do another Team Aqua/Magma, but I'm hoping with more difference this time (instead of going to a volcano or a underwater cave with basically the same puzzle, etc).

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I liked it when the Rival had a story behind him/her, like Hugh, or Cheren and Bianca in BW, they all had something more to them rather than previous rivals.

This time, though this is just my opinion, I kind of want the story to be very plot related. Like there is a lot of chaos caused by the evil team, and they happen to go to cities where a gym leader is, something like that. I kind of want there to be a direction to go in, sort of, and this time the path is shown by the evil team(s).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I kind of think that the story will be more about Team Genetic trying to take control of the Legendary Pokémon to take control of all life forms and make everything the same. You have to stop Team Genetic from ruining the life force of all Pokémon. The two Pokémon represent the beginning and end of everyone's life force.

But of course... after defeating the team, then you continue to defeat the Elite Four and defeat the Champion.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What about "game overs"? See look - whenever you lose a battle during in-game, you're sent immediately to the pokemon center. But, what if your in the middle of battling the boss of the evil organization, and say, he or she created some kind of 'thing' that there is a time limit of stopping it? Would it technically be like, a game over?

Annnd another thing I was wondering about - what about multiple endings? I mean, sure, there's the idea that the main character is fighting for a spot at becoming a champion, but, would there be choices within the story line, to alter your sort of 'destiny'? I mean, that'd be kind of cool for a change imo; you get to choose your role during the story line, more than just the typical 'stop the bad guy, and become the champion" affair!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
The antagonist team should be introduced after becoming d champ unlike in other games. They can be made working secretly till we become champ and then they would execute their master plan...

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure it will be similar to previous storyline which involves battling with a Villainous Team every so often who has a ridiculous motive. Either that or they change it up completely which would be a good idea since we're "evolving" in the world of Pokemon.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Lol why would xerneas n yveltal be d evil pkmns? Legendaries are supposed to protect their region.. Nt to harm trainers

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Lol why would xerneas n yveltal be d evil pkmns? Legendaries are supposed to protect their region.. Nt to harm trainers

It's not really written in stone on the roles of legendary pokemon until we actually get to know them~

Remember Mewtwo? It hated humans because he thought that they were weak and selfish beings only interested in power and wealth; and it also despised the Pokémon who served humans. Whiiiich was kinda apparent on The First Pokemon Movie where he tried to capture every one of the trainer's pokemon. D=

Well, true, no pokemon are truly 'evil', but they would still have a 'lack of goodness'. I don't strike Xerneas and Yveltal as 'bad pokemon' too because they can still 'salvage' or represent and protect the isolated region of Gen 6 in their own way, but, still, the jury's still out on that one.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years

Maybe they're controlled by the villan team?
Or instead they need to be captured to finish the main story, like reshiram and zekrom

It's not really written in stone on the roles of legendary pokemon until we actually get to know them~

Remember Mewtwo? It hated humans because he thought that they were weak and selfish beings only interested in power and wealth; and it also despised the Pokémon who served humans. Whiiiich was kinda apparent on The First Pokemon Movie where he tried to capture every one of the trainer's pokemon. D=

Well, true, no pokemon are truly 'evil', but they would still have a 'lack of goodness'. I don't strike Xerneas and Yveltal as 'bad pokemon' too because they can still 'salvage' or represent and protect the isolated region of Gen 6 in their own way, but, still, the jury's still out on that one.

Fact: pokemon don't no how to use money ( meaning they can't be wealthy )

Last edited:

Shooting me Softly

This is the wrong forum....
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
"Kid, get the heck out of my house and beat the Pokemon league, and while you're at it, beat Team Mathematical. They're trying to kidnap everyone's Pokemon with equations that have no answer.."

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
@miss doronjo - the legendaries of kanto were articuno,moltres and zapdos but mewtwo never represented as d region's legendary pkmn to support or protect kanto cuz it was man made(one of 5 pkmns dat lord arceus didnt make) and giovanni used mew2 to conquer d world.. Even if mewtwo is the strongest pkmn after lord arceus, still i never call it a legendary

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
@miss doronjo - the legendaries of kanto were articuno,moltres and zapdos but mewtwo never represented as d region's legendary pkmn to support or protect kanto cuz it was man made(one of 5 pkmns dat lord arceus didnt make) and giovanni used mew2 to conquer d world.. Even if mewtwo is the strongest pkmn after lord arceus, still i never call it a legendary

Well first, Mewtwo has been classified as a legendary pokemon by Nintendo. And no, I never said it was made to represent Kanto; Giovanni used the pokemon for evil, but when Mewtwo escaped, he developed his own hatred for humans.

But look - my point is that it's not really set in stone on a role of a legendary pokemon until we get to know it. You can't really just say legendary pokemon are supposed to protect a region and not despise trainers until we know what it represents, or what it's own 'will' is. So, the jury is still out on the newest two legendary pokemon. D= I'm not calling them 'evil', I'm just saying they might lack 'goodness'.

Last edited:
Back