• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dang it, math..

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
What was/is your favorite subject in school or university? Were/are there any you particularily dislike?

Bonus points: Why did you find it so enjoyable?

Years
I liked Science a lot. I found the subjects interesting and was rarely bored in Science class and it was easily one of my best subjects because I liked to learn it. My least favorite subject is math. I find it hard to understand and am very bad at it, although I honestly tried really hard to learn it and get good grades in the class, Math was always a struggle.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Before sophomore year of high school, my favorite class was P.E. because we played dodgeball. After that, though, the game was practically banned for no good reason, which sucked. Nothing else has taken its place so far.

English had to be the class I hated most, though. (Literally slept through my maths classes; still did well; not allowed to hate it as a class.) It wasn't the book reports, because honestly, I would've crapped out book reports a mile long if I had the choice of book and freedom of expression. It was the books themselves. The only one I remember liking was House of the Scorpion, and I'd read it years before I needed to for an assignment, so that was easy.

If I'm going to recommend anything to teachers, I only have two things.

• Bring back dodgeball.
  • Get your students to be interested in the book. They're not gonna learn 'ish if they don't like it. For example, I didn't learn a thing from To Kill a Mockingbird.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I found psychology and some of the sciences fascinating. Everything else was meh. I especially did not like foreign language classes. Don't get me wrong, it's not the language, it's the going up in front of the class, doing dialogues, etc.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The class itself...I like History. Solely because the teacher is hilarious, we have interesting debates (when we should be taking tests), and it's somewhat interesting.

If you mean the subject, then I don't have much of a favorite. I do like math, I guess.

Years
Prior to high school, my favorite class was always Math, since I found it incredibly easy (until things like advanced algebra got involved). After that, my favorite classes became English, Accounting and Computing. Again, I liked these classes as I found them easy, and was able to get really good marks without too much effort.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
In High School it was Sociology. In College it tends to be Computer Science (the horror of math though.) I seem to be best in English, but I decided not to major in it.

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
My favourite subject has to be Creative Writing which fits into English, I love it for the reason we can let our imagination pour out onto paper and I still love creating all sorts of stories whether it involved adventure, fantasy, sci-fi or more. However I've always had a hatred for Maths :<, it gets way too complicated sometimes and I can never really get my head around certain areas.

~Rainbow

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Probably Mathematics or Chemistry. Both help eachother hand-in-hand really, so I suppose that's a bonus. I'm really good at maths, and while at times it can get a little frustrating and complex, the satisfaction you receive from solving something particularly hard is highly rewarding. (Well for me anyway.) The main reason I like Chemistry is because it does have a fair bit of math involved, but it also allows me to look at the world on a seriously small perspective. (Atoms, molecules etc)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
English is my favorite subject, and it's a good thing that I'm minoring it. :D

My second favorite is science, I still adore it even if some sciences have a crap load of math. lol

Years
Physics is my favourite subject but I ended up doing a Maths degree because I'm so damn good at it and decided to focus on my strength and you know, I also liked maths a lot too because I could understand the logic and could do it well and really a lot of Physics is just applied Mathematics (such a badly worded and long winded sentence I know but I can't be bothered fixing it but I can be bothered typing this out). Bobandbill - my partner for world conquest - is doing his physics degree at the moment so between the two of us, we have it covered. I didn't like stuff like English Literature and History where you had to remember a whole bunch of stuff even though I have a really good - though selective - memory.

But yeah, I really liked physics because I had amazing teachers and it was just really cool and interesting learning why the world works the way it does and stuff like that, rather than just blindly taking it all for granted.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My favourite subject was Science because I enjoyed the experiments we did in the class.

My less favourite subject was french because I was no good at this subject and I had a mean teacher.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
My favorite subject is (and has always been xD) Science.
I've always been curious as a child, asking my father questions as a little boy "How hot is the sun, why does the moon shine, why is the sky blue" etc. xD Every now and then in my free time I'll educate myself a bit on how things work xD

Least favorite, math. I didn't suck at it, but it never excites me, I just feel like I could drop dead (or asleep xD) anytime in that class xD

Years
Even though I hated writing essays, english and history were always my favorites. I always did well in them so I automatically liked them. Math takes the #1 spot for least favorite though, I really hated doing it... not to mention was rather bad at math haha. D:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have not been to school in over 8 years (after graduating in 2005) - P.E. was always my favorite (more specifically one called Individual Sports), and always disliked and got bored in Language Arts and Math.

What was/is your favorite subject in school or university? - it was two different P.E. Classes "Individual Sports" that was fun I miss the class, and "Walking" we would go around the neighborhood walking, up and down hills, nearby parks.

Were/are there any you particularily dislike? - two, Language Arts (even today, I struggle with reading --> as in falling asleep after only reading a page and a half) - and Math, even if one of my Math teachers was the most patient, I still couldn't grasp any math (except for the basics - add, subtract, multiply, divide, and decimals --> as in money)

Bonus points: Why did you find it so enjoyable - P.E. "Individual Sports" - it was so much fun, having fun with friends. I took this class every year.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Maths makes me cry literally it's the most frustrating difficult subject on the planet.

My favourite subject is Performing Arts (which I don't think y'all have in America but I'm sure you all know what it is.) because I like to act and sing and dance and be generally fabulous which I can be while I'm on the stage and because I love being able to get lost in a character, I think that a well written play is something beautiful and it's up there with the best things. I really enjoy History as well, while I don't actually study it any more it was something I always found really fun just because it gave me the opportunity to learn all about the past which I've always been fascinated by.

Years
Despite being years now since I've been in school, I still remember it like it were yesterday. :') ok that's a lie but whatever

I always enjoyed history class. It's fascinating to learn about the past. The only time I didn't like history was when I didn't really like the teacher. Even then, though, I still loved the subject. German was fun, too; I got to learn another language! Then probably science classes, depending on if they were heavy in math. Chemistry wasn't as fun as biology, geology, or astronomy (my favorite! although also math-heavy but I liked it so much I didn't care cause SPACE).

Never liked PE. I'm not a terribly active person, and I am very crap at sports. Mostly because my hand/eye coordination is crap. :( The only PE class I enjoyed was aerobics. It wasn't competitive, and while it was still exhausting as all hell, it was satisfying to me.

Oddly enough, I wasn't usually fond of English either, despite enjoying to read and writing all the time. It was the analysis part I hate. I always felt like I was making stuff up as I was going along, despite the fact that I always passed my essays. I think overall I liked math just a bit more, even though it wasn't my strong suit.

Back