• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Well hello there folks! I've been registered on these forums very shortly after its 1st day? Back when Marriland forums were the place to be. That's how I found out about it lol. Anyway my last post before this was when Gen IV was still new and Platinum wasn't even revealed. However I've been back to Gen V and have been doing Pokemon Showdown, climbing to 1450 (currently 40-21) even though I just started Gen V 2 weeks ago with my roommate in the same boat as well. This is my team that I feel is adjusting well and would like some critique as well. Thanks!

302sableye.png

1. Sableye@Lagging Tail
Nature: Calm
Ability: Prankster
EV: 252 HP / 130 SpD / 120 Def
1. Trick
2. Taunt
3. Recover
4. Will-O-Wisp

One of the best sets in the game in my opinion. With the ability to use Taunt first, set-up sweepers and Baton Passers are screwed over hard. With Prankster, Sableye is probably the best Taunter in the game as only Tornadus (who is less seen but can out-Pranking him due to higher Speed) is the only threat. Even with Lagging Tail I can still go first. Normal Taunters such as Gliscor, Jellicent, and Gyarados will be Taunted themselves. Will - O - Wisp is then a great follow - up as the burn will just whittle away any HP left. However that is not my main reason for WoW. WoW's main purpose is to screw over Physical sweepers. Unles they have a 1st Priority (Bullet Punch) Sableye will always use WoW first and should it land, that sweeper is basically useless for the game. Should my luck be with me, Sableye basically wins games as two Burned sweepers or walls can make it 4 v 6, even if those two burned are at 100% HP. Lastly, Will- o -Wisp is ok against Special Sweepers, but Keldeo or Alakazam could care less about the Burn. This is where Lagging Tail comes in. With the likes of Scarf Special sweepers (Keldeo/Politoed) or just very fast Special (Alakazam/ Gengar / Starmie) Lagging Tail + Trick screws them hard and also essentially eliminates them from the game. Wanna know something else? It does not stop there. Let's say I trick Life Orb from Gengar. They switch in Ferrothorn. I Trick Ferrothorn and get Leftovers and he gets Life Orb. He is forced to switch or attack himself to death as Taunt forces him to do so and Life Orb + Priority Recover kills himself.

134.png

2. Vaporeon@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EV: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Speed
1. Wish
2. Protect
3. Scald
4. Roar

Good old Vapreon. With Keldeo and Water/Rain teams Vapreon is there to absorb it all. Vaporeon loves to switch in to a Keldeo using Hydro Pump. Vaporeon's Scald is also useful with Sableye's Will - O - Wisp, as the Burn chance is also there causing further havoc, especially in tandem with Protect as the burning damage will eventually get to them. However Vaporeon's main purpose (besides checking Waters) is to keep my team healthy. Using it's skyhigh HP, SpD, and decent Def, and Vaporeon's Wish I can keep my other Pokemon healthy, even if they switch in to a powerful attack. Mainly, Bronzong who has no sustain, benefits hugely from the Wish as well. Roar allows me to phaze set - ups and counters as well.

392infernape.png

3. Infernape@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EV: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
1. Flamethrower
2. Grass Knot
3. HP Ice
4. Vacuum Wave

Special Infernape is a very strong set as his SpA = Attack. Plus Infernape is probably the best user of Vacuum Wave, which is just a Special Mach Punch. Many of those who switch in to Infernape (Gliscor / LaTwins/ Dragonite/ Salamence) are all caught off guard extremely hard. No one expects this set and the type coverage is insane. With a STAB Vacuum Wave that has 1st priority, anything that is even neutral faces a lot of damage done. It allows Infernape to scare faster Choice users (T-Tar/ Terrakion / Heatran) and possibly OHKO after SR damage. HP Ice is for LaTwins / Gliscor/ Dragons who would also attempt to switch in, but with good predection, a 2HKO on the LaTwins is readily available. Grass Knot allows coverage of Waters (Gastrodon + Politoed + Slowbro) and Flamethrower provides an ever present STAB against ferrothorn / Foretress / Skarmory. Infernape is my way of using the sun to my advantage as well.

Why not physical/mixape?
Well, looking at my team it really is not hard to find out why. My lack of a true Special sweeper sets me back. Also, the surprise factor is a huge advantage, as Gliscor is always sent out and faces quick extermination.

212scizor.png

4. Scizor@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EV: 248 HP / 112 Attack /148 SpD
1. Swords Dance
2. Bullet Punch
3. Bug Bite
4. Superpower

Going for bulk + decent damage, Scizor is a huge threat that is made scarier after one Swords Dance. Scizor is an amazing check to many Dragons as he can survive Draco Meteor/Outrage and set - up with Swords Dance. At +2 Bullet Punch is frightening due to Scizor's sheer power and the fact that it is 1st priority. Superpower allows OHKO-2HKO against other Steels who would try to wall Bullet Punch (Heatran / Magnezone / Ferrothorn / even Skarmory). Bug Bite allows Scizor to STAB Slowbro and the LaTwins as Pursuit is not here and U-Turning after a SD seems redundant to me.

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

437bronzong.png

5. Bronzong@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EV: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 84 Def / 44 Attack
Ability: levitate
1. Earthquake
2. Gyro Ball
3. Stealth Rock
4. HP Ice (2 Speed IV)

Originally a D/P/P spread, I decided to use it. A Bronzong Gyro Ball can be as scary as Scizor Bullet Punch, as - Speed technically counts as + Attack. Anything neutral to it is scared off by it's Sheer Damage. Other Steels that resist it are taken aback by Earthquake and HP Ice deal with Gliscor and Landorus. Mainly, Bronzong is here to lay SR and just soak up damage with the help of Wish. Bronzong remains my Terrakion and Landorus check also.

445garchomp.png

6. Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EV: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
1. Dragon Claw
2. Eathquake
3. Aqua Tail
4. Fire Blast

One of the best Scaf users in the game. When Steels are down the game can probably be won with Garchomp. Boasting a high Attack + STAB Earthquake/Dragon Claw the type coverage it provides is insane. It can clean up teams, sweeping 3-0 or 4-0 when the right threats are down. You know you, the reader, has experienced this whether it was you on the receiving end or the one using Garchomp. With Fire Blast many would checks are eliminated (Skarmory and Forretress I'm looking at you).

Why no Outrage and use Aqua Tail?

Because Outrage is a double- edge sword. My opponent can use it against me as well, giving themselves time to set-up. Aqua Tail provides coverage against Volcarona and Gliscor who are taken by surprise by the sheer damage (the former is OHKOd, guaranteed after SR damage). Hippowdon also faces a 2HKO by Aqua Tail

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Just my thought over Bronzong. Why use HP Ice against something like Gliscor and Landorus? It's not meant to kill them anyhow plus their EQs won't be touching Bronzong neither. Bulky Water types are the real switches to Bronzong and can threaten it with Scald. Replace HP Ice with Toxic; only rarely seen Empoleon doesn't fear Toxic, but fears EQ.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Just my thought over Bronzong. Why use HP Ice against something like Gliscor and Landorus? It's not meant to kill them anyhow plus their EQs won't be touching Bronzong neither. Bulky Water types are the real switches to Bronzong and can threaten it with Scald. Replace HP Ice with Toxic; only rarely seen Empoleon doesn't fear Toxic, but fears EQ.

I actually do have Toxic. I had this posted on Smogon earlier but I didn't edit it lol. Good catch though.

Back