• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Is it cool now? That quote lost it's funniness after it's been there so long, anyway.

Also, how can one tell when their signature is not in compliance?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you look at your signature and it's too long, there will be a scrollbar on the right side.

Yours is fine now though. :3

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
[SIZE="a"]What is the purpose of these sig rules? Do they take up lots of space?[/SIZE]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, when a signature is really tall like that it takes up a ridiculous amount of space, especially on smaller resolutions. The 350px limit already takes up about half of my screen on an average-sized laptop, and on a smaller computer it's even worse.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I just added a quote to my signature that is rather long. Does it fit the 600px?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just added a quote to my signature that is rather long. Does it fit the 600px?

The total width of a signature cannot exceed 600 pixels in width. Images stretch the forum for smaller styles, and 600 pixels is the point where some of our smaller width styles and smaller screen resolutions start to break the HTML tables if something is too large in the post content. Text is permitted to exceed this limit.

Yup, since text isn't included in the limit it's fine. :)

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Does my signature comply with theese new rules, I only saw the notice up top by the new features untill 28/11/11,

I think it'll be okay but I would hate to crop off all my RPs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does my signature comply with theese new rules, I only saw the notice up top by the new features untill 28/11/11,

I think it'll be okay but I would hate to crop off all my RPs.

A scrollbox appears so no it's not fine :( You'll need to remove everything below teen heroes for it to be within the limits. :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

A scrollbox appears so no it's not fine :( You'll need to remove everything below teen heroes for it to be within the limits. :x

On my screen it starts to scroll with the "Birth of Legends" line.

Is it really necessary to list all your roleplays anyway? I would just take them out tbh. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
is mine to long????????????????????????????????
I think you should be more concerned on the height. The Smeragle image is too tall and causes a scrollbar to appear. As for the width, I think with the userbar it's also too long.

How's it now? I put my former list on my rp page.
I still see a scrollbar. Try getting rid of the extra space at the stop to see if that helps, and maybe rid of some other spacing if it doesn't.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

I think you should be more concerned on the height. The Smeragle image is too tall and causes a scrollbar to appear. As for the width, I think with the userbar it's also too long.

I still see a scrollbar. Try getting rid of the extra space at the stop to see if that helps, and maybe rid of some other spacing if it doesn't.

I don't see a scroll bar.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't see a scroll bar.

I do as well. It's that last line. But you don't have to remove any text; you have more than one line of empty space so just delete one of those and you'll be within the limits.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
ugh ok so my sig got disabled twice for exceeding 350 px in height, but it's only 341px (including the padding!)

sigggl.png

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
your image is fine but the text is below the image on my screen and creates a scrollbar. Try using css alignement instead of pressing enter a bunch to make it exactly aligned. Or in your main css box put an overflow:hidden so if it does go over on accident it doesn't show.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
your image is fine but the text is below the image on my screen and creates a scrollbar. Try using css alignement instead of pressing enter a bunch to make it exactly aligned. Or in your main css box put an overflow:hidden so if it does go over on accident it doesn't show.

Ooohhhh okies thank you sooo muchhh :DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back