• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mark [PG-15]

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
The Mark
Rated PG-15 for violence and mild romance
Introduction

'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to PNN at ten, on December, 31st, 2099. This is it- the year that many thought would never come- a world ravaged by war, pollution, violence and savage intrigue was envisioned, an apocalyptic wasteland was prophesied by scientists and humanity and Pokemon alike were to be extinct by this year. But the time of mass-destruction, of annihilation, never came, and the world, plagued by various teams with dark intent, struggled through to survive. Now we are on the cusp of a Golden Age, and the world has been united, from several regions, disorganized and separate, into one supra-state with but one league- Utopia. With the guidance of the Utopia council, we have made amazing breakthroughs. Our skills in medicine, economy and science have never been better. And now-' The screen turns to static, and a new image slowly fades onto the screen.

'All is not as it seems.' A man, wearing all black, his face covered by a grey veil revealing only a pair of steely grey eyes, appears. 'You have been lied to, people of this so-called "Utopia". You have been betrayed by your government. You are living on the fruits of deceit and oppression... The oppression of your brethren humanity!' The screen shows images of people and Pokemon, starving and yet being forced to work by government overseers. 'Too long have you allowed your eyes to be veiled from these heinous crimes! The day of judgement, and the day of justice, is at hand! YOUR judgement! OUR justice!' The television cuts away again to show images of warplanes, cannibalized cars and bikes, militants and Pokemon, all marching on various cities around the world. Each of these rag-tag bands of warriors carries above them a banner- a banner with a black triangle and a circular mark emblazoned on red.

'But, for those of you who murdered your fellow man, those of you who allowed this to occur, redemption is still an option. Paint upon your doors The Mark, as a sign of your purity, and come. Come to us, your brothers, and all will be forgiven. For your survival is not a matter of chance, it is in your own hands. Do not leave it to the bureaucrats you call your "Leaders" to fail you once more. It is now your choice- Life, afist- and you shall feel our wrath, or our mercy!' The screen flips back to the reporter, now pale faced and shocked. 'I... I... I can't... I have to... My family, dear God, my wife!' He runs from the camera, which falls to the ground. All you can hear are the screams of a burning, dying city.

Plot

A large and terrifying new group calling themselves the Mark have risen up against the Utopian government for crimes against humanity. They seek to free themselves and the rest of the world by force if necessary. The Utopian Governments itself has denied any and all of these charges and is preparing to retake the ground taken by the Mark during their shocking and unexpected assault. All around the world cities and people have been gearing up for war. However, there is one pocket of isolation yet to be touched by the ever-hungry flames of liberation.

The region of Kanto never joined the Utopia movement on the grounds of national patriotism, and although it made them international pariahs, they became self-sufficient, industrialized and most importantly, isolated. The Hand has not yet made any actions within Kanto, but it is surely only a matter of time before their eyes turn toward it to fight for the freedom of the downtrodden and penniless... Indeed, already several preachers have spoken of the glory of the Mark and how it is the next step in unity for humanity as a species and with their Pokemon. But for you, a resident of Pallet town, the events of the world outside seem to have passed you by... For now.

Important Places and Characters
Kanto:
Spoiler:

Utopia:
Spoiler:

The Mark
Spoiler:

You;
You are a resident of Pallet Town. The Kanto Government runs the best Pokemon training facility int he world, and you are about to receive your first Pokemon from Professor Blackwood, and set out on your journey. although you've heard of the strange and violent events taking place throughout the world, you seem to be unaffected by them, and so your adventure beings as it has for many hundreds through the years. But for you, and your generation, nothing will ever be the same again...

Will you live out your journey unaffected by the Wars of other nations? Will you join the Utopian governments, and fight the scourge that is the Mark? Or maybe you will find sympathy with the Mark, and join their cause? Time will tell, and time alone...

SU:
This will be a little different to what I imagine you are used to. There will be no template for an SU- it is up to you to decide what you should detail about your character. There will be five places available, and then me, for a total of six, and if the number of applicants exceeds that number then my decision on who joins will be final.

The starter Pokemon that are available for you are:
1x Bulbasaur, lvl 5, Tackle/growl
1x Squirtle, lvl 5, Tackle/Tail Whip
1x Pikachu, lvl 5, Growl/Thundershock/Tail Whip

Accepted Characters:
Nideous-Daniel Morgan-Meowth
Fuyu-Sonia Martell-Eevee
Nox Masque-Adam Locke- Bulbasaur
Genevieve- Amethyst Kasumi- Eeevee
Rocket Grunt Cali-Rachelle Nishino-Charmander

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
This looks cool. I'll SU ASAP! Meowth is mine! :D

Name: Daniel Morgan

Nickname: Teal

Appearence: Teal is about 5'10. He sports a medium build with very little body fat and lean muscle that hints at lots of excercise. This build he has going let's him perform feats of agility that his Meowth would be proud of. His hair is a soft, light brown that falls haphazardly over his eyes. He ties it up into a short ponytail in the back, but can do nothing about the front except push it out of his face. His eyes are a light blue, almost teal color, hence his nickname. His mouth is curled upwards into a smile most of the time.

Teal is obsessed with cats. To the point of insanity. He wears a light teal colored shirt with a small emblem of a Purrloin on the back. His pants are a dark brown color with a long tail attached to the back, just below the belt level, which Teal is very protective of. He wears a pair of brown gloves that match his pants, complete with sharp, and very real, claws. He also has a pair of brown running shoes. To finish his bizarre look off, he has a pair of teal rimmed glasses that seem to be sliding off his nose.

Personality: Teal is friendly and outgoing. Very much to the extreme. He is also a very curious person, often sticking his nose where it doesn't belong (sometimes literally). That being said, he doesn't like to be out in the open. He prefers to investigate everything from the shadows, often bolting when he is discovered. He likes cats (understatment of the year), and prefers their company to that of humans. He is very intelligent, though that isn't shown often as he has a very limited understanding of the human language.

Teal is also very quick to anger. He has no qualms about slicing people up with has clawed gloves. But, he's trying to work on that. He also gets bored and distracted very easily, especially by shiny things. He is very playful, and doesn't often take things seriously. That being said, he loves his friends and will do anything for them.

History: Teal was born in Pallet town. His father was a gym trainer in Viridion City, and had to travel there many times for his work. When Teal was less than a year old, his mother died. So, not wanting to lose his job and starve, Teal's father began bringing the infant along with him to Viridian City. This went on for a few years. When Teal was three, a small group of people loyal to The Mark atacked the gym. Like the rest of the trainers, Teal's father jumped in to help fight them off, leaving Teal alone. The easily distracted Teal wandered out the back door of the gym and was found by a Persian. This Persian was one of the pokemon that bred the new Kanto Starters. She had managed to escape from the lab. She began to lead Teal back around to Pallet Town but stopped when she saw something horrible. Teal's father had been killed in the fighting.

So the Persian decided to raise Teal by herself, being the socialble pokemon she was. She taught him the basics of hunting and keeping in shape. A few years after she adopted Teal she had a kitten. This Meowth was unusually dextrous with his paws, and he fashioned large gloves and clothing for Teal to grow into. Thus, Teal has the clothing he wears today. The Meowth kitten was soon brought to the lab in Pallet Town to breed more starters. Teal remained with the aging Persian. Using what he had learned, and what little he remembered of the human language, Teal began to find out what was going on in the world around him. He also put that knowledge to the test with Persian, often discussing things with her, as what he heard often didn't really make sense to him. She was clever enough to figure the most part out, and taught him what she knew of the world around her.

When Teal turned fourteen, Persian died of old age, and Teal decided to go explore the world he had been learning about. So he went to the lab and recieved his first pokemon, a Meowth. This made him extremely happy. So, he set out with his Meowth, curious about everything.

Other: Teal can understand the grunts and meows of Cat pokemon. This is due to being raised by Persian. But he can't understand any other pokemon.

I'm done! Yay!

Last edited:

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
Ok, Cali and Nideous, I've reserved you both with the Pokemon your requested- please get your SUs up ASAP.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Here's my SU!

Name: Rachelle Nishino

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Rachelle is energetic and funloving, with a very sarcastic sense of humor. She makes it obvious when she's teasing, however, with a sweet little giggle and the friendly smile that hardly ever leaves her face. She focuses on offense when she battles, preferring to strike hard and fast rather than mess with stats. She uses as much type advantage as she possibly can, but she has a habit of being reckless and not thinking things through, both in Pokemon battles and life. This tends to land her in some sticky situations, and her inability to figure out exactly the right combination of brains and brawn makes it hard for her to get out. However, through sheer tenacity she can usually manage to set things right... only to start the whole process over again.

Her life is nothing particularly special- both her parents are Aides to Professor Blackwood, loving and caring for her. She grew up loving Pokemon and dreaming of adventures with them, and jumped at the chance to get her very own Charmander and finally begin her journey. But living in Kanto has kept her in a sort of bubble- she knows about what's going on in the other regions, but it doesn't seem real to her because it's never directly affected her... until now. That kind of innocence and sheltered life has left her very vulnerable to suggestion, and she tends to side with the first person to show her kindness, be that the Mark or the Utopia. Naitivite and impulsiveness are a dangerous combination that make her a wild card- even I don't know if she's going to end up with the Mark, the Utopia, or neutral yet. Only time will tell...

I'll edit when I think of things to add, but I'm better at showing personality in the RP itself than telling in a SU, haha. Working on it!

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name: Jason Wolf

Appearance:
picture.php

His right arm is a very dull metal prosthetic one, and his hair is dark brown.

BIO: Jason may have grown up in Pallet, but he not as sheltered as the rest. He knows something is going on with the world. Something big. When he lost his arm in a freak accident with an exploding water heater Jason didn't know what might be next. Once he got a new prosthetic arm Jason began to hope again. Jason did have to go to rehab for a long time, and that delayed his getting a pokemon, but now he finally is receiving one.

Personality: Jason is rather self conscious especially about his prosthetic arm. He often finds others staring at the metal limb, and then runs off. He's a good and smart kid, but its hard for him to really fit in. He hopes that finally getting a pokemon will help with that.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I finished my SU. Hope you like it. :D

Edit: Teal didn't see his father die. Only Persian did. Just wanted to say that right quick.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Name: Sonia "Ollie" Martell
Appearance: Ollie is designed to surprise and terrify. Her hair is black, in a ponytail, sleek, and supposedly gorgeous. Well actually, it was dyed when she was a child, changing her unusual greyish-silver hair into black streaked silver. She isn't tall, but she is athletic, well-built for someone of her age and size. It comes from chores and drinking milk everyday. Her teeth are rather fanglike but they're just sharp. She has a golden tan and a hatred of all things normal. She has blue eyes that look lilac normally and when her emotions run high turn violet. They only look blue when she takes out her contacts. Her body is scarred from fighting against blades and, in some really odd cases, cutting firewood. Look, just don't ask.

Ollie's clothes are a grey shoulder-sleeve shirt covered by a black jacket and blue jeans. These are nice clothes. By nice I mean not ripped to shreds. Her shirt is plain, except for the slight stretch that shows her bust. Her pants are loose around her legs, but not so much that they'll fall off. Her hands are covered by black fingerless gloves, the gloves slightly armored, in case she doesn't use her staff and goes for the good old-fashioned punch in the face. Her jeans are ripped at the ends. If she was allowed, she would go barefoot. But she can't, so she wearblack sneakers with an area she can clip on inline skate wheels. She likes skating over walking. Who knew? She also carries a retractable staff, usually the size of a cane, and an odd sword that can be adjusted to how sharp its edge is. But she usually keeps that in her bag, refusing to kill anyone. It's her master's and she's keeping it safe for him

Personality: Ollie is a tomboy. She's a tomboy in the way that says physical rough and tumble but will still make herself look presentable. She's as sly with her words as a fox, able to manipulate with a few words and emotions. She prefers not to though, liking to make sarcastic quips and punch things. She's a cheerful, boisterous person and she wants a Pokemon that displays that. Ollie loves to fight. It be in her blood. Does she care what people think? Not particularly, except for her teacher. She's intelligent, almost a genius. But when it comes to a classroom, she's lazy. It's a miracle her master taught her anything at all, let alone what he did. Photographic memory helped.

Ollie hates blades. She's used to hunting knives and maybe hatchets. But she doesn't like any kind of large blades or any of that. She could survive in the wild pretty well but she knows when to give up and go in a house. She likes Pokemon, likes them a lot. She hasn't had sugar in years so it makes her hyper when she has it. Ollie is also a good gymnast. The downside? She's not that powerful. NOt that that stops her any. She hates dresses and loses her agility in them.

Background: She will not admit to much, other than the fact that she was raised by her master in a small cabin in Viridian Forest since she was seven. There was technology but not too much. Ollie was taught to fight, cook, whittle and other things along with a basic education, including how to spy on people. She is going on a journey to find her missing master, who disappeared from the cabin not long ago. The rest of her past is a secret, to be told later.

Pokemon: Eevee (Since Charmander was taken XD)

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Here's my SU her past is gonna be a secret for now :) I really want eevee

Name-
Spoiler:

Age -
Spoiler:

Gender -
Spoiler:

Appearance-
Spoiler:

Personality-
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Yeah I know but I got up too late to reserve charmander. XD Oh well, that's what Flareon's for... probably. XD

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Yeah I know but I got up too late to reserve charmander. XD Oh well, that's what Flareon's for... probably. XD

I'm terribly sorry D: I've been looking for an RP like this for awhile, and Charmander's the starter I know the best out of all the games, haha ^.^;;

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
I do fear me that there is ACTIVITY on my thread?

Nideous: I like your character. He's a bit weird, but then, in my books, that's a good thing. So I'll happily accept you.

Rocket Grunt Cali (Mind if I call you Cali in the future?): Well, it's a bit short, but you've said you'll add more as you think of it, so you are accepted on condition of lengthening it marginally.

jasonwolf: Much, much, much too little information there. I'd recommend checking http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116591&styleid=168 for a few tips on writing a good SU. In addition, which starter were you after?

Fuyu: It's good, wild-childs always tend to make an RP lively. Accepted with credit- have an e-cookie.

Genevieve: Your appearance is good, so that's fine. But your personality is very Mary-Sue-ish. Nobody's perfect, even in RPs, so don't be afraid to add a weakness here or there. You are reserved.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hooray I'm in! *sees e-cookie* Yay for cookies and weirdness :D

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
Well, at the urging of SOMEBODY *Cough* NIDEOUS *Cough* I've been dragged away from my roaming back to here :P

Cali and Genevieve, your SUs now look to be in order, you are both accepted. And with that, that's the full quota- sorry CyBeastSaber, but your SU wasn't done in time. My own SU will be up sometime today, but I have the dreaded COURSEWORK to complete... And here it is.

Name: Adam Locke

Personality: Overall a gentle, kind and generous soul, it is difficult to find a bad word about Adam at first glance. He's kind and caring to people regardless of their actions to him in the past, and doesn't ever seem to go out of his way to offend people. He's always careful and considerate in word and in deed to ensure that he doesn't accidentally hurt anyone, and he is fairly intelligent so he always knows just the right thing to say in a crisis.

However, he is not entirely perfect. In his efforts to be such a non-offensive person, he is very sensitive and is unable to take a joke. He doesn't have much of a sense of humour and he often feels sorry for himself over an imaginary problem. He has trouble fitting in with others because he is not, by nature, a sportsman or overly active, and he doesn't attempt to keep up with any of the latest trends in anything from fashion to cars or whatever it is that people find popular.

In addition to this, he's also the epitome of a nerd; very intelligent but awkward around people, especially females. He is still unfailingly kind and polite to them, but when the necessities are dispensed with he will make a random excuse to go off and be on his own with his books as soon as possible. His strong sense of religion, however, prevents him from ignoring those in distress who he can help.

Appearance: With muddy brown hair always kept in a neat style, and misty, farawa\y grey eyes that always seem to be focussed on something different to what he is supposed to be doing, Adam has a fairly handsome face, but not in a sexy way, more like a fatherly, loving effect. His easy smile and gentle expression leads those around him to feel more relaxed and at ease when he is talking in his soft, mild voice.

He is slightly taller than the average teen, but it is not noticeable unless you were to pay specific attention to it. He is lean and lithe, but not scrawny, and his long, slender arms and legs give him an appearance of grace when he walks. He likes to wear casual/formal wear that wouldn't look out of place anywehre except maybe a sports track. He wears a white shirt and a pair of smart black trousers in addition to loafers, and he also wears a reefer jacket when it's colder.

Pokemon: Bulbasaur, named Tropicus

Ok... This will start soon-ish, either tonight or tomorrow night. Until then, keep dancing!
Wait...

Last edited:
Back