• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
Recently started playing this, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it; even the loss of the PokeGear is barely noticeable, so its all good.

The smallest thing you'll ever notice following:
Spoiler:

If known, then please ignore that part of my post.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Recently started playing this, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it; even the loss of the PokeGear is barely noticeable, so its all good.

The smallest thing you'll ever notice following:
Spoiler:

If known, then please ignore that part of my post.
I think that's due to the stairs in the tower being warps, im not really into it
And it does happen in SGX, wich is waht i play

I've also spotted some other similar thigs to that, like being able to exit the goldenrod mall elevator (and some other spots, if forgot wich ones, ill post if i remember or find again) by walking horizontally on the doorway mat, etc.

Glaceon_

Years
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.

I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.

Glaceon_

Years
I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.

Probably a wise thing to do. With loads of trainers, it wouldn't be hard to forget which were for the Phone Calls and stuff. XD

yes. could be that...or the fact that thinking up/remembering names for in excess of 200 trainers is a hard thing to do!
keep it up zel

Actually, past and present Pokemon games pretty much cover in excess of 300 names, so finding them wouldn't be too much trouble, but granted, recalling them wouldn't be a good idea, since, for example, I only remember a few trainers from games because they have names of people I know or they use names I've used online. XD

Though I'm not complaining; I was just mentioning it, since I wasn't sure about it. Zel's ROM is awesome; even for a BETA. Its a very enjoyable and nostalgic experience, going through Gold again, but with 3rd Generation styles. I'd guess that if and when remakes for Gold and Silver come out, I'll likely still play Zel's Version, because like Peppita said in Star Ocean, its a "fleeting vision of the future!" or something like that. A concept on top of the possible eventual remakes.

On top of that, some of the additions I've noted look pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can start picking up on those Legendaries. XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Ahhhh... Finished selecting posts, now it's time to reply. Ganbate, zel!
Spoiler:

Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!

I dont know if I'm able to see that part on that script, since it's something that's always active. Probably it is possible, since there's messages around, but I'm not sure...
Any other that's not so critical?

I realize this isn't a priority, but it's something interesting to think about.
Zel, have you giving any thought to what you could do with the starting movie with the Gengar and Nidoran? It would be cool to see a new intro for Gold.

Have I giving any thought to that? Nope, But I dont think we could be able to do anything too different to what's present, so that's why it's not even in my list (it could be possible that I decide to leave it as it is, in the end, this IS a hack...)

hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.
I made a Pokemon Shiny Gold website at shinygold.us.to . It will have betas 1 & 2 soon as I notified Zel and told him that I need them.

Of course there are Betas 1 and 2. Although I dont know why you'd need it :P

I do have them, but since I'm not on Windows since a long time, it'd be better if some "hack collector" (?) would contact Friendsxix.

I think we should open a SG thread saying about problems like the damn save thing!
That would wipe out 20 posts a month. :)

I'll consult Hiroshi about that (maybe a thread in the Scrapbox), but...
Spoiler:

Dark Cave, 1st Section(Violet Side)

rc78tf.png

Ah, is anyone who had played the B1 around here? Isnt it funny how, after almost two years, there's still one of those tiles with the arrow?
I'm sure old people remember about there being a lot of those arrows on Dark Cave.

Just a minor tile fixing :P

Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!

Yeah the time to waste is the key here. Depending on how lucky you get you may get a bunch of items with few bucks, but on the other hand, you may waste your fortune on the minigame...

@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?

The anime area is merely a coincidence (that sounded like some movies' phrase), because I was just thinking about pretty names in spanish, and then translated it to english. Anyway, it's not related to anime events, but, there'll be a very critical event for someone there.

Hi bro!!! not long ago that none of you. therefore good. beta 5 is so brilliant, and I played and the truth is very good. Well, good, I find you in the Messenger, now i returned to the hacks. =D adios hermano te cuidas mucho ... xD

Jojo, look who's here! >.<
Just PM me here, it's more probably to find me here than on MSN.

Why does Spinda appear in the Whirl Islands?

Spoiler:

Holy flamin' damn! This has come a long way since I last visited PC. (Whoah, that was like a year ago?) I'm impressed. The tileset's awesome; you did a nice job on the Johto map; the phone booth is pure genious. I'm most impressed with the music. Did you figure out how to loop it, then? Well hey, awesome work, Zel! Keep it up!

(And try to fix the Union Cave Pokémon Center... :S)

The looping was figured out by clonex (at least, he's the first I think), and now he and Magnius (havent heard from birthofdna in a long time) are giving me a hand with the music part.

About the PC at Union Cave... -_-

@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's :P, I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni :P
But the digging event is great, simple too ;)
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
I love the new music, the sprites, the battles.
I wish you the best man, keep it up.

My idea is to keep it as a remake and at the same time not being "so" remake, just enough "remake" to satisfy as much people as possible. Maybe that's the key here? Who knows? :P

I'm just grateful for having so many people's help. That's also key, of course ;D

What will be done with the Viridian Battle House? A good idea would be to put there famous trainers absent from the game (Gabby and Ty, Archie, Maxie, Geovanni, Hoenn Gym Leaders, etc.), welll, if that isnt the objective of the Vermilion tower...

That Battle Tower's purpose is to offer two or three different battle modes. But since it's just an idea and nothing implemented I cannot really say anything else about it.

One small question Zel,

Will the 3rd generation legendaries get their R/S/E music?
Or will it just be the random pokemon music?

Deoxys had an awesome theme, that's why I asked.

It HAD, before it was replaced by Carlos' music. You win some, you lose some. So, RSE legendaries' music will depend on if there's slots that we could use. The GSC music has the priority.

Ahhhhh... Done!
Now I can go to sleep, I'll be a bit more around this weekend.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
I just want to let you know, zel, that it is possible to change the intro movie. I can't remember which hack it was, but I'm100% sure I've played a hack where the intro movie was edited.

Keep up the great work. I've been playing this since B1 (no, I don't remember any arrows like that, it's been too long) and actually stayed away from this site, because I was killing myself waiting for the next beta. I came back to find that you were already on Beta 5, which was awesome. Now I've played all the way through that and can't wait for the next Beta. Maybe I should ignore this until you're done? Who knows. Keep it up, you rock.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Please, I beg of you, Do not approve of any website made on Freewebs -_-

There are number of people who would gladly make a ShinyGold Website from scratch.

Years
Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.

Years
Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.

hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
Years
Hey, I've been following this for a little while now, but I only just decided to join (I've been browsing over the manga forums a bit too) and plan to download the latest beta when I finish my college year in a few weeks. I've gotta say the more I see the more impressed I am, and I love the music remixes you've done, so keep up the good work.

Also on the topic of the game's music, I found this a little while ago and wondered if it would be easier, harder or similar to implement.
ww w.youtube.co m/watc h?v=yxDQmBZQ-ak
(without spacing)
It looks like you've already got this theme covered, and this one was *supposedly* from R&S (by hacking it) anyway. I don't know much about hacking so I don't know if it would be already in FR&LG somewhere. Just wanted to bring it to attention incase it hadn't been before and wondered if it may help XD

I'm amazed you managed to make a digging mini game. Will there be any other D/P/P elements in Shiny Gold eventually? Can't wait to see more ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Will we be able to rebattle all of the Gym Leaders at some point? Or is it restricted to just the one? It would be cool if we could battle them again with improved teams.

Years
hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)

It's a Fire Red ROM with the title;

1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba

Back