• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should this generation's "nickname" be?

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
Years
I didn't even realize that the gens had nicknames after "Advanced." Actually, I had heard of gen 4 being referred to as the "Dual" generation, since it was on the DS...and now that we've got X and Y on the 3DS, I think gen 4 being "Dual" and 6 being "3D" makes a lot more sense.
Granted, these are just fan terms so there's really no way to settle such a matter, especially if there isn't a near-unanimous name for gen 4--let alone gen 6, which we have no idea what it's about yet. It might be best to wait on the subject, unless we're gonna just call it the "3D" gen.

That's one better than me because I didn't relaise they had nicknames at all xD

On the other note Genetic Generation and DNA Generation sound good.

Also if they DO make a pokemon Z the XYZ (pronounced icks-zees) Generation

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know we had this discussion somewhere once. I believe therein I called it the "Chromosome Generation". It could also be called the "Genetic Generation" or, heck, the "Sex Generation".

Another great idea came from the 3D Axis using XYZ.

Cyclone

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
It would make more sense to call it the "Axis Generation".

It has been confirmed that the X and Y has nothing to do with genetic but with the XY axis. ("Y" pokemon is in the air and the "X" pokemon is on the ground)

Which makes me think the 3rd game (if we get one) would be called "Origin" as in the origin point of the Y and X axis...

Victini

I'll definitely be calling it the Axis generation, myself... ;w;

Reason being is because I immediately thought of the X and Y axis once I heard the names of the games.
Even if the axis has nothing to do with them, I'll probably still call it that. >w>;

Years
I think they'll call it the Genetic Generation cos X and Y are well, genes.

Also, I think it suits it well.

Guy

just a guy
Years
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/c...e-mythology-third-legendary-will-be-a-serpent

Here's a link. I will admit however with this, I think my "Origin" theory is wrong.
I wouldn't call that confirmation, but just another theory amongst many that have been circling around. We don't know enough yet to determine what's going to be fact from speculation. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the games are more or less based around the different aspects of each of these theories. However, it's hard to dismiss the possible genetics plot when you've got a double helix located in the Japanese logo.

It could be called the Genectis Generation or the Axis Generation, but what if we don't get a "Z" like many are assuming? So many speculated that Grey would come after Black and White, and we all know what happened there. Also, if RS remakes are included in this generation as well, then that would be a factor in naming the overall generation too.

Years
I would have called it the Dimensional Generation (X axis, Y axis, Z axis. Obviously). But it's more likely that X and Y are based on genetics, as everyone seems to have agreed on. So I'm going to call it the Genetics Generation, that way I can shorten it to Gen Gen and be happy. ^_^

To be honest, though, I rarely refer to the generations by titles like that, I normally just refer to them numerically. But I'd be very pleased with Gen. Gen. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I vote for this generation to be called the XtraordinarY Generation for the most obvious reasons.

Endofstory.

xD

I know they won't go with that but I kind of really like that. It's like, R/S remakes could be included in that name too, because they really are... different/extraordinary, so while it doesn't really cover both completely, it still is a nice inclusive name!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
It has been confirmed that the X and Y has nothing to do with genetic but with the XY axis.

I wish people would stop saying "it has been confirmed" about things that are not in any way confirmed...

It's not even LIKELY that the XY has "nothing to do with genetic"s. The Japanese logo has a little double helix in it. Obviously it has something to do with DNA. There are even theories of Xerneas representing the nerve system and Yveltal representing muscle tissue.

Back