• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Cutlerine, I have a complaint. There are no Electric or Fire types near the start of the game. The earliest Electric type is, I think, Magnemite and the earliest Fire type is Slugma. Can't you put some more near the start of the game? I mean, there's two of most other common types (Magikarp/Wingull for water, Seedot/Shroomish for Grass, Wingull/Tailow for Flying)... Can't you put in like, Pikachu or Shinx in near the start? And maybe a fire type SOMEWHERE near the beginning... Even if you have to steal it from someone...

OK, I'll think about it - but it won't be Shinx, because Shinx is special and can only be obtained using the Spark Token.

Since it is pretty long i'll just post the part involving Esau

And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.
27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

The choices of what to do when talking to the mirror are:
Spoiler:

Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Ho ho ho. This puzzle is my Christmas gift to you all. By the way, I was working from the 'Today's New International Version' of the Bible, which has a couple of translation differences: It says Esau was 'famished' and about to die, and it gives 'stew' for 'pottage'. It also has a few grammatical differences. I warn you so that you are aware that it'll be slightly harder to solve the puzzle using a different text.

Once this puzzle has been solved by three different people, I will post the solution on the 'Help' part. Maybe.

And if no one has solved this puzzle by the end of today, I'll give out a second hint that should make things easier.

also, does anyone know of a walkthrough for this game?

I don't think there is one, but if you have any questions or need any help, I'm perfectly happy to offer it - unless it's about the Esau puzzle, in which case I will offer nothing but the hint 'Read Genesis 25'.

Well the 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that increases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
This gonna sound really sad but um... where exactly is the meatfather again?

Really? I thought it sometimes made the opponent flinch when they hit you. Did I get it wrong?

i found a small glitch with the Dewford Gym. when Haruko (sp?) uses her Luxray, and it uses Bulk Up, the Luxray turns giant and moves underneath your HP bar, and then shrinks back to normal size.
also, when the new update comes out, how do i apply it without losing all of my old data? i'm running VBA version 1.7.2.

Yeah, Luxray does that. It doesn't actually turn giant - it just is giant. It's like that because the sprite originally displayed too low, so I had to move it up several places on the sprite positioner... It flips back to its original position below the HP bar to use Bulk Up for some reason. It's not that important, so I'm not too worried about it. Not worried about it at all, in fact.

Last edited:

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Ah-ha! In that case, the Mirror thing OBVIOUSLY has something to do with Famine. And the only place where Famine was seen is in Lilycove, the Desert or in Meteor Falls. So the answer must be in one of those three places. I wish I was up to that part...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Ah-ha! In that case, the Mirror thing OBVIOUSLY has something to do with Famine. And the only place where Famine was seen is in Lilycove, the Desert or in Meteor Falls. So the answer must be in one of those three places. I wish I was up to that part...
Im putting my money on the answer being in the Desert since famine and stew pulled my vision to them, since Famine was there surrounded by Former Chefs. I wont know till I get there.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I checked all the places, nothing, no clue at all.
Cuterline, theres a glitch in lily cove that made me do the event in the department store, and explain what a chikuwa is cause I think the mirror has to do with this since a girl said
''I think Esau is very hungry maybe a snack will do him good'' and then gives me a chikuwa

Cutlerine

Years
I checked all the places, nothing, no clue at all.
Cuterline, theres a glitch in lily cove that made me do the event in the department store, and explain what a chikuwa is cause I think the mirror has to do with this since a girl said
''I think Esau is very hungry maybe a snack will do him good'' and then gives me a chikuwa

Chikuwa.

I'll see about that glitch.

EDIT: Can you tell me more about the glitch? I'm having trouble getting it to happen. Where were you, how did it occur, what was the last thing you did, that sort of thing...

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Chikuwa.

I'll see about that glitch.

EDIT: Can you tell me more about the glitch? I'm having trouble getting it to happen. Where were you, how did it occur, what was the last thing you did, that sort of thing...
I think it was a mistake on my part, cause I was in pacificlog, and when I got the patch I first tried the most horrible puzzle, and then I flew to lilly cove and zombies were everywhere and I had to replay the event in the department store. I think it only happened because I did something, but you should not worry about it at all.

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
Years
Im putting my money on the answer being in the Desert since famine and stew pulled my vision to them, since Famine was there surrounded by Former Chefs. I wont know till I get there.

umm, only former chefs live in the desert- you won't get anything out of them. I'm putting my money on either New Mauville, where a real chef lives, and Slateport, which is the ancestral home of chefs.

Cutlerine

Years
My riddle remains unsolved! Clue #2, coming up!

Spoiler:

Once again, if the riddle remains unsolved by the end of tomorrow, I will post a hint at around 9.15 GMT.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
My riddle remains unsolved! Clue #2, coming up!

Spoiler:

Once again, if the riddle remains unsolved by the end of tomorrow, I will post a hint at around 9.15 GMT.
The chikuwa, now I need do find the chief, boy I'm smart XD
EDIT: Places that he's not in
New Mauville
Lilycove
Meteor Falls
Dessert
Monastary
Slateport
Man, cuterline, you are pure evil XD

Last edited:

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
alrighty, i'm in the s.s. carejo, and i have a magnemite in my party, slot 1, and it knows thundershock. and i can't get the elevator to work. the man told me to fix the engine, but i think i need to use the elevator to get the part to fix itt?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2011
The chikuwa, now I need do find the chief, boy I'm smart XD
EDIT: Places that he's not in
New Mauville
Lilycove
Meteor Falls
Dessert
Monastary
Slateport
Man, cuterline, you are pure evil XD

I actually just found the chikuwa by accident :P I'm looking to catch a kenshira, I restarted the game cuz I just love to play it, but now I can't find it anymore :( anyone can help me with this one? In exchange for the chikuwa :D

Yea, the chikuwa can be found here:
Spoiler:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
I got stuck at that part as well. BUt basically you don't need to fix the elevator. Just go in the door to the left and surf down to the bottom left corner of the map and search the doors eventually you'll find the arklight spanner or something. Go to the left and you'll find a generator looking thing. Just press the a button well going up and down thing and you'll be asked if you want to fix something say yes of course.

While i'm at it....

Ragnia:Well the 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that increases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
This gonna sound really sad but um... where exactly is the meatfather again?
Cutlerine: Really? I thought it sometimes made the opponent flinch when they hit you. Did I get it wrong?
Sorry my bad you are right I am wrong

Edit:I've looked at the top of mt.chimney and I've still not found the chikuwa. So can someone tell me where it is please?

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Guys, I may have gotten one ste closer to solving the puzzle.
In lilycove inside the pokecenter there is a chef and you can buy a blue fish, pink ink, and guess what? RED STEW!!!! And Cutlerine saaid that in the Genesis he was reading it said something about stew. SO i'm not sure if this is something significant or not. But it's something.

Edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
Yeah after defeating Esau I have no idea where to go so I've just been wandering around...

Just now beat Esau. Trying to find where to go now...

Guys, I may have gotten one ste closer to solving the puzzle.
In lilycove inside the pokecenter there is a chef and you can buy a blue fish, pink ink, and guess what? RED STEW!!!! And Cutlerine saaid that in the Genesis he was reading it said something about stew. SO i'm not sure if this is something significant or not. But it's something.

Edit:
Spoiler:

Well done, everyone. You have successfully solved that puzzle. Maximilian will not open his shop to you unless you bring him a Chikuwa.

And, of course, Esau was born hairy all over, like a 'garment'. By the way, did anyone get what the 'Candyman' referred to? Or what the sages in Esau's Gym refer to? Please tell me someone did.

Now you have to find Sundance Rock. Heh heh... The clue is in the name.

See screenshot; that 'thing' gave me a chikuwa

That thing?! That is Don Pachi! He's a very important man/thing!W

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
That thing?! That is Don Pachi! He's a very important man/thing!W
I was the first to post about who that was, but my post got deleted for 'SPAM'....As for this Sundance Rock, Im juggling one idea....

EDIT: I managed to get the Cat's Eye item from the Shinx after redeeming the Spark Token, but that's where I get confused....

EDIT 2: I found Sundance Rock. I cant believe I forgot to look there....Now, as far as the Abandonded Mines go, I didnt find any bugs yet. I am taking precautions to save my ROM by having copied the zip file of it and moving it to a safe location as well as backing up my save file, just in case anything bad goes down. I even saved before entering the mines....and with a little Walk Thru Walls magic, I discovered some interesting things in the mines...

Last edited:
Back