• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's so special about N? [May contain B2W2 spoilers]

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I liked N. His philosophy was better than any other villain in Pokemon...and yeah I know his not a villain but the opposite side anyway. Awesome hair, awesome room, and btw I think Gary is a dork....and when did N have fan girls? I also like how he was kinda RIGHT when you think about it. Most people playing pokemon are just using them and trading pokemon like slaves. I know you can't really make friends with pokemon since it's a video game but it's some what humorous he's right.

P.S. I also like his rubix cube thing

Last edited:
Years
I liked N. His philosophy was better than any other villain in Pokemon...and yeah I know his not a villain but the opposite side anyway. Awesome hair, awesome room, and btw I think Gary is a dork....and when did N have fan girls? I also like how he was kinda RIGHT when you think about it. Most people playing pokemon are just using them and trading pokemon like slaves. I know you can't really make friends with pokemon since it's a video game but it's some what humorous he's right.

When did N not have fangirls.

Go to Deviantart, search N and you'll see a small portion of the N fandom.

Don't even get me started on Fan Fiction.net.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I think Nemesis summed it up pretty much right there, though I think the fact that he battles you every time is a game design + age limit. It would've been more interesting if Gamefreak puts N in a "some evil is necessary for the greater good" approach that N battles to stop battling by taking then releasing captured Pokemon, but that's probably pushing Nintendo's buttons too much.

As for fangirls... anime cons since release of BW got plenty of N, just cause he's easy to cosplay. Just need a simple cap, pretty simple outfit... only the hair needs a bit of dyeing but that's relatively easy for a cosplay. Tons of crossdressing N fangirls right there!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
N is the most sympathetic, successful, detailed antagonist in main-continuity Pokemon games thus far, and his motive is both justified and easier to accept than any other villain in the series.

Sympathetic in that he genuinely wants to do good for Pokemon, the creatures the games are centered around. Not only did he manage to obtain the Pokemon he was after, it actually likes him. It chose him. In order, Giovanni ran away/possibly died, Maxie and Archie just gave up and disappeared, and last we heard Cyrus was still trapped all alone in an alternate dimension, probably subsisting on the flesh of his fainted Pokemon. N makes friends with the protagonist, keeps his legendary and flies off to another inhabited region of the world to sort out his ideals. There's actual backstory to him, not just "oh that guy was a social recluse and now he's evil." He has mannerisms that aren't listed under villainy, he likes math, he has a dad! There's plenty of reasons to like him.

Years
N is the most sympathetic, successful, detailed antagonist in main-continuity Pokemon games thus far, and his motive is both justified and easier to accept than any other villain in the series.

Sympathetic in that he genuinely wants to do good for Pokemon, the creatures the games are centered around. Not only did he manage to obtain the Pokemon he was after, it actually likes him. It chose him. In order, Giovanni ran away/possibly died, Maxie and Archie just gave up and disappeared, and last we heard Cyrus was still trapped all alone in an alternate dimension, probably subsisting on the flesh of his fainted Pokemon. N makes friends with the protagonist, keeps his legendary and flies off to another inhabited region of the world to sort out his ideals. There's actual backstory to him, not just "oh that guy was a social recluse and now he's evil." He has mannerisms that aren't listed under villainy, he likes math, he has a dad! There's plenty of reasons to like him.

Well Ghetsis isn't exactly his dad. Not to mention he was kind of a dick.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
Just for the fact that he is one of the few NPCs that was able to catch a legendary, he is alright.
Still, Blue and Silver are the best ones.

sarious

Time Lord
Years
It said that pokemon came and killed his whole village, which would obviously make someone go insane. Then team plasma tricked him and used him. I believe he's just a confused person, I don't think he's very special, but I don't think people should hate on him.

Last edited:

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I am male, and I'm a huge fan of his. I personally adore villains that use thought as a weapon. People that think differently and seek to change people's behavior for their gain, or "saving the world from itself" plots are very cool to me as not enough games use them.

On the reason why he "keeps" them. If you noticed all of his battles, he uses pokemon you can catch in the zone you fight him, and then in the next battle he doesn't have any of the same pokemon. So you nca assume he sets thme free after battling you. He also seems to only battle you to figure out what you are thinking, and how you treat your pokemon. Since he was raised that humans abused pokemon or vice versa.

He's special to me because all the other "villians" in pokemon games are overtly so. Archer, Maxie, Giovanni, Cyrus, they're all the classic "evil" trying to take over the world, or the universe. N has no such goals, he wishes to set pokemon free from their oppressors, though he was mislead, his goals are so entirely different from any other major bad guys I give him the credit of being special in that sense.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
ZOMG I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH N~ <3
Lol Idk, I fell in love with his design the first time I met him~ Green hair = win.
I also love his ideas and how he's really different to the other villainous characters. He's so innocent~ >w<;

← N's number 1 fangirl~ X3

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
I think people like him for the mystery that is with him. Like a mysterious history and Name. who wouldn't want to find out more?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
Though his looks are pretty cool, I find N an interesting character as well. He fights for what he believes in, even if it not always right. N shows us that people aren't perfect and can make mistakes, but with mistakes can learn to change. There's also some pity I have for N, especially with his upbringing (Ghetsis is a horrible dad).

Karuari

Fox.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
When Ghetsis finished his speech on N I said, "Cool story, bro." I'm kidding, N's alright. I just hate his extremist fandom. And I get tired of NxBlack crap filling up my dA messages. -_- Other than that he's a good rival with good goals.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
His looks? I LOL'd :D I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think he's a little out of his head there. I certainly admire his courage and his independent thinking, I mean, he didn't doubt himself for a second. He even had me thinking that maybe pokemon don't want to battle and be given commands by humans all the time. It's a lot to take, but I came to my senses by the motivational speeches in the game :D His ability to communicate with pokemon had me thinking that maybe he was on the good side, and just maybe, N was right. He still might be right. I don't really know, but he is very persuasive. I'm also confuzzled as to why he has pokemon of his own when he's on the opposite side, I'm guessing it's because he wanted to feel protected and he wanted to make sure his plan to liberate pokemon wasn't interrupted by some kid, which it was, obviously. As for all the fan girls, I don't see it. 'Nuff said ^^ I think Gary would beat him by a landslide.

Elkoid

Cinnabar Child
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
Well, I'd like him as a character no matter what his design was. ;>> Characters that are extreme grab my interest the most, and he's about as extreme as one could get without being annoying. He does seem pretty popular, though.

Years
I viewed N as a confused little boy with green hair. I also viewed him as a creeper, due to that creep music everytime he shows up. I arrived to the conclusion that N was full blown creep, when I had a personnel experience on that ferris wheel with him, alone. I whooped him up every time I saw him.

Then it surprised me big time, when I learned that N beat the champion. I had no trouble fighting him. But then my view changed on N, when I saw the ending. My respect for N was down here, but now it's up here.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I thought N was a really great character. His back story and goals were far more interesting than the previous villains', and he actually accomplished the task of capturing a legendary Pokémon. The thing I don't like is how he always 'talked to your Pokémon'. It would've been cool if we could've actually seen a conversation take place. For all we know he could have been making it all up. Also, his views were the only ones that made sense out of all the villains.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
He's... okay, I guess. The only thing I really like about him is his battle theme. Tbh, I'm not really a fan of him. Lol.

Back