• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] POKéMON Ruby Destiny [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Chapter 18
Sacrifice

In the silence of the clear evening sky, where the full moon provided it's soft light to the world under it, a yell broke the rhythm of the silence.

"MOTHER!!!"

A small and young female Eevee called out to her mother as a Skarmory and an Espeon walked towards a forest. She was grabbed by her father, who was a Vaporeon, and was crying to see her beloved mate being taken from their herd.

"MOTHER!!! DON'T GO!!!"

The Eevee yelled once again, making the Espeon look back at her, where her face was already flowing with tears. The metal bird stomped its foot on the ground, startling the Espeon, and soon, they walked on towards the forest.

'They took my sister, and now my mother...!'

After they disappeared in the shadows of the forest, the herd finally regained their mobility, which was stolen by fear from the Skarmory's presence, but sadness now took over after one of them was once again taken from them. The young Eevee couldn't help herself but to cry on her father's shoulder.

Every time the moon was full, that very same Skarmory will come to our herd, and will announce a specie of our evolution. It will then look at us, and choose one of us to be taken. We can't escape the Skarmory's eyes, even if we try and hide under our dens and burrows. Once it chose someone, that chosen specie will have to go with it inside the dark forest near our herd. For what reason, we didn't know. The previous full moon, the Skarmory took my older sister, a Jolteon, and then, the next full moon, it chose an Espeon, and it chose my mother. It wasn't always the females the Skarmory choose. A previous full moon before my sister was taken, the Skarmory announced a Vaporeon, and it chose a male. My family and I were really glad that the Skarmory chose was not my father. This nightmare began a few months ago. We used to live a peaceful life, here in our little territory outside the forest, and beside the foot of a volcano, but after an earthquake struck the island, black smoke came out from the mouth of the volcano. The night after the earthquake, the moon was full, and that's when the Skarmory first appeared. It announced a specie I could no longer remember, and demanded to come with it. Of course, we fought back, but we were easily defeated by the Skarmory, and it dragged it's pick inside the forest. The next full moon, the Skarmory came again, and announced another. We fought but the same result came out. Since then, we never dared to fight the Skarmory, and we never entered the forest where it takes one of us, and we called it the Dark Forest. Before, us Eevees were always excited to evolve, but now, every Eevee no longer desire to evolve, and so do our parents. We tried several attempts to leave, and settle in other places of the island, but it made no difference, for when the moon is full, the Skarmory will show up and will take one of us. Instead to become foreigners in a new area, and after realizing that we couldn't escape the Skarmory, we went back to where we used to live. Another night came, where the moon was once again full. The Skarmory showed up, and chose my father. I was going to be alone, but then a stormy cloud covered the moon. The Skarmory looked up, and then back at us, and he stopped my father, who was already walking towards it. Without a word, the Skarmory walked back to the forest, leaving my father with us. We were all relieved, and so do I, but something made me want to go and follow that Skarmory, and so I entered the forest without anyone realizing, and lucky for me, the Skarmory's footprints were on the ground for me to follow. I reached the other end of the forest, where up ahead was a river of lava, and on the other side was a cave on the foot of the volcano. I saw the Skarmory who just entered the cave. I went and approached the river, and it was hot and boiling, but there were rocks on them for me to jump on, leading to the other side of the river. If I were an evolved POKéMON, I could just walk on those rocks, but since I was an Eevee back then, I had to jump on each of them. After I reached the other side, I slowly went inside the cave, and it wasn't even dark, for the walls were all covered with red, glowing lava, flowing like veins. The cave seemed like a small straight tunnel, and when I reached the other end, I saw the Skarmory, standing in the middle of the ground, which was forming a circlular shape, connecting to the cave where I was hiding. The area was steaming, for it was full of lava inside, but what caught my attention were the stinky smell the area has, and the bones scattered on the ground where the Skarmory was standing. My mother and sister were murdered here, I thought. It took me a few seconds before I realized that I was already crying. Suddenly, the lava was starting to rise in front of the Skarmory, who took a few steps back, and from the lava came out this huge and red POKéMON that I've never seen before, and it growled, making the whole place shake. I looked up, and I saw a small circular opening. I realized that it was the mouth of the volcano. The giant slowly puts its montrous head in front of the Skarmory, who was shaking in fear. It asked for its feast, but it took the Skarmory a few moments before it could say something, about the sky being invisible. That made the giant look up at the mouth of the volcano, and saw a cloudy sky, which suddenly turned white, and then back to black, and then it was followed by the sound of thunder. It took a few minutes before the giant closed it's red eyes as it began to sink in the lava where it was standing, and after he was completely gone, the Skarmory sighed in relief and slowly turned around and walked towards the cave. It's heading straight towards me, so I had to run back, but I think it saw me, for after I got out, I felt something that grabbed me from my back all the way to my belly, and lifted me up, and from there, I saw the Skarmory's face.

"You child, are courageous, yet stupid."

He said to me with a very scary tone on his voice, which made me cry out of fear, but to my surprise, he puts me down, and soon after he did, it started raining hard. I quickly ran back to the herd without looking back, and after I did, I saw my father staring at the forest, and was really happy to see me coming out from it, running towards him. That evening, inside our den, I told him everything I saw. He didn't said a word. Soon, dad was waking me up. It was early in the morning, where even the sun wasn't awake yet. He told me that the two of us will leave this place, no, we're leaving the island. Since he was a Vaporeon, he can swim away, and can easily carry me on his back, and so we did. Hours passed, and the sun was already high up in the clear sky, and I can really tell that my father's getting really exhausted. We saw something above the water. It was huge and looked like pieces of wood that was stuck together. There were humans on top of the thing, but they didn't seem to notice us, so my father grabbed on the wood with his claws. Eventually, we saw land up ahead, and we thought that this thing is heading there, so my father stayed on, and soon, we got close to the land, and he lets go and swam towards the land, while giving distance away from the humans. We found a small cave on the foot of a cliff, so we decided to stay there. It was a den, an abandoned one. It was small and rocky, but it was big enough for the both of us. We lied down to rest ourselves, and later on, I fell asleep. I woke up, and I found myself in the darkness. To my horror, I saw the Skarmory, standing on a rock in front of our new-found home, and my dad was on one of its talons, either dead or unconscious. I burst into tears as I yelled at the SKarmory. I wanted to save my father, but I couldn't. The ocean separated the cave where I was on, and the rock where the Skarmory was standing. The metal bird looked at me with it's red glowing eyes and told me that it was useless to escape, and afterwards, he flew off in the sky.

Xyla ended her story that after what happened, she had no choice but to live by herself and to survive. She added that she eventually evolved into a Vaporeon, which she was thankful for, 'cause she can then hunt easier and can go whereever she wanted. The four then went silent inside the den, where outside, a strong storm was raging. Before they started to listen to her story, a storm was forming in the sky, where they had no choice but to go back inside the den, and soon, rain started to shower on the land while they went to sleep. Hours passed, and the storm became strong, and a fierce thunder roared throughout the lands, startling both Joseph and Xyla up. They had a little chat, when they heard another roar of thunder, which woke Vixie up. The three ended up chatting until Ixan woke up from their voices. After a while, Joseph eventually asked Xyla about her past, which changed the two Vaporeon's mood to sadness. Xyla then shared her story to them after taking a deep breath. While she was sharing her story to everyone, Joseph attempted to interrupt, about the huge red POKéMON being probably a Groudon, and the one his father grabbed on was called a boat, but he couldn't get his chance. But now that she's finished sharing her story, he tells everyone about it. That gave her the thought that he must be very knowledgable, so she asked him some questions.

Xyla: "Why only during a full moon?"

Joseph: "Probably because of some belief they're believing. It may be possible that they thought that the full moon caused the earthquakes, and to prevent it from happening again, they did stupid things."

That gave silence some time to wander around until Xyla asked another.

Xyla: "Well, why sacrifice someone to that 'Groudon'...?"

Joseph thought about it for a moment. Groudon, so far, only exist in the Hoenn region, so he thought she's from that region.

Joseph: "Well, according to the gam---I mean, in mythology, Groudon is said to be the one who brought the lands above the water for us to live on. Probably, the POKéMON who knew this myth thought that the earthquake was caused by Groudon, giving them a thought that he must be angry, so, they decided to give it an offering, in hopes that he won't take back the land he gave us."

That made everyone silent for a moment, while Xyla felt a bit annoyed by the thought.

Xyla: "But why us? Why only us...?"

Unfortunately, Joseph couldn't answer that question, but he tried to think of reasons, but he found nothing but dust, so he just gave her a slow wave of his head from left to right. That made her angry and sad at the same time.

Joseph: "I'm sorry. I'm not really that knowledgable. I just happen to know a lot of things, but not everything..."

Xyla: "It's okay..."

She quickly replied, and silence soon followed. Ixan soon broke the silence.

Ixan: "But it's okay now. No one needs to be taken anymore."

Xyla quickly nodded her head.

Vixie: "How'd you know?"

She asked with a very curious voice. Joseph was a bit annoyed that Vixie asked them first.

Ixan: "We greeted a number of Vaporeons swimming by the other day. We were a bit surprised that some of them recognized Xyla's scent, so we invited them over."

They said that two months after Xyla and her dad disappeared, the whole island experienced earthquakes, and the volcano erupted, and was split in half, and suddenly, a giant red POKéMON came out from it. That was probably the 'Groudon' you mentioned. Anyway, the whole island was engulfed in flames, and everyone had to find ways to escape the island. The Vaporeons were lucky, for they can swim, but those who can't, they needed to climb on the floating trees. Then, from the distance, a huge blue POKéMON came out from the seas and both giants immediately started battling. They had no time to watch, for the sea was getting wild.

Joseph: "That 'huge blue POKéMON' must have been a Kyogre..."

Joseph said after a few seconds of silence after Ixan finished the story.

Joseph: "Groudon and Kyogre, according to mythology, are always battling each other, reason, I have no idea... One of the mysteries of life, I suppose..."

Ixan: "How do you know these things, anyway?"

Ixan asked with a smile, trying to break the current topic's feel around. He was thinking of a good excuse, but decided to reply a smile instead.

Joseph: "Yet, another one of life's mysteries..."

After a few more chats, they decided to go back to sleep.
In the castle, Alice was asleep on her bed, with three Eevees around her. One of the Eevees went out of the bed and went outside her room through the door. It was Steven, and after he found the stairs, he quickly went down. It took him a while to reach the end of the stairs, and after he did, he quickly searched for a way to get out. He was about to run when he heard a female voice called his name from the stairs. He turned back and saw Krystal, who was sleepy while going down the stairs.

Krystal: "What are you doing? I saw you heading out, so I had to follow you."

She said after she reached him. Steven was hopping on the spot, with an awkward expression on his face.

Steven: "I need to pee..."

He whispered. They suddenly saw a brown Flareon approaching them, and asked them why they're still awake at that hour. Krystal informs their grandfather about Steven. Eric then asked them to follow him to where he cooks, for the guest's comfort rooms are next to each other.
Krystal and Steven were now walking up the stairs, and they find it a serious work-out. Now they knew how their dad felt. It was easier to climb down the stairs than working your way up, they said to each other. They suddenly heard footsteps coming from below the stairs, and soon, they saw that it was coming from a servant, who saw them and quickly took them and carried them up. After they reached the end of the stairs, she puts them down in front of Alice's room. Though she couldn't understand them, she seemed to understand that they thanked her before she walked off.
A loud thunder startled Joseph once again, waking him up. He saw the others who are still asleep, and outside, the storm was still strong. The ocean's waves were almost reaching the opening of the den. He stood up and stretched his entire body, and after he did, he heard footsteps on the watery shores. He decided to take a peak, and he saw a huge shadow of a four-legged POKéMON, and seemed to be walking towards the den. A lightning suddenly gave light to the area, giving him the chance to see who it was, and to his surprise, it was a Suicune. It has already reached the front of the den, when it suddenly stopped and took a look at the Flareon, who was also staring at him in awe.

Suicune: "Are you... Are you that Flareon Raikou told me about?"

The Suicune's soft tone made him feel even more in awe with the legendary POKéMON. He quickly shook his head to snap him back to his senses.

Joseph: "Uh, yes. I met Raikou days ago, during his hunt with Zapdos."

Suicune: "I see."

Joseph: "Oh, hey...!"

The Suicune was about to walk on when Joseph called him, making the legendary beast to stop and look at him once again.

Suicune: "Yes?"

Joseph: "You, uh, you travel---I mean... You're travelling from different lands, right?"

Suicune: "Yes, I travel often."

Joseph: "Well, may I ask if you've heard about Groudon and Kyogre, I mean, about their battle?"

Suicune: "Oh? You really do know a lot."

That surprised the Suicune, hearing it from a mere Flareon. He nodded his head. Joseph was about to ask something connected to his previous question, but he just realized, the POKéMON he's talking to is soaking wet and is under the rain.

Joseph: "Oh yes, you can come inside to take shelter."

Suicune: "No need."

He replied with a smile.

Joseph: "Well, okay then. Anyway, before their battle happened, are you aware of the place where Groudon was resting?"

Suicune: "Yes."

Joseph: "Groudon was inside a volcano on an island, right?"

Suicune: "Yes."

Joseph: "Okay. Now to my real question: are you maybe, aware of the practices the POKéMON there were doing?"

The Suicune opened it's mouth to answer, but he closed it soon after and paused for a moment.

Suicune: "There are a number of pratices on that small island. Which one are you referring to?"

Joseph: "The...one involving Groudon..."

Suicune: "Oh, that..."

He closed his eyes for a moment, and he opened them soon after.

Suicune: "And your question to that practice may be...?"

Joseph: "Well, I just wish to know two things; first, why did they started it."

Suicune: "Because of belief and because of fear."

That strengthened Joseph's answer to Xyla's question earlier.

Joseph: "Thanks."

The Suicune just gave him a simple bow.

Suicune: "And to your second question?"

Joseph: "Well, why only send...'my' kind, as a sacrifice?"

Suicune: "False. Your kind was not the only ones who were sent to be sacrificed. But before I continue, may I say that all those sacrifices being made were, pointless. On the full moon, one of you are taken. On the new moon, another specie. Despite that, all those were but a pointless practice caused by fear."

They suddenly heard someone crying and sniffing inside the den. Joseph looked back and saw Xyla crying. He thought that she must have heard their conversation.

Suicune: "I apologize."

He looked back at the Suicune.

Joseph: "No, don't be. Sometimes, the truth may hurt, but that's what we need to heal our wounds."

That gave the Suicune a smile.

Suicune: "Fine choice of words. I do hope you won't mind if I'll use it some time."

He bowed, and Joseph bowed to him as well, and after, the Suicune walked off. Joseph then quickly went to Xyla and pats her back with his paw.

Joseph: "Hey, it's okay..."

Xyla quickly turned to him and quickly hugged him as she continued to cry, giving him a surprised expression. He rubs his paw on her back to try and help her feel better. 'I didn't know Eeveelutions could also need a hug', he thought to himself. Soon, she broke the hug after feeling a bit better, and thanked him. He just gave her a smile. Soon, both went back to sleep.
The storm has finally weakened. In Alice's bed, Mark suddenly woke up, and started scratching his ear. He then lied down on the bed to go back to sleep, but as he stared through the door to the balcony, he suddenly had the urge to go there. He rose up and jumped off the bed, and slowly went to the door. He pushed it a bit so he can make a small opening for him to get outside, and after he was outside, he sat down near the metal grill and stared at the black forest where his parents went. To his surprise, he saw a blue four-legged creature who just came out from the forest, and continued to walk on the shore. He was still half-asleep, so he rubbed his eyes with his paw, and took another look, but the creature was gone. He convinced himself that he's starting to see things, so he went back inside to sleep.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
This is probably one of the best fanfics ive ever read. i cant wait until the next chapter!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
destinedjagold is not working on this story, since he asked me to lock it.

Don't post in threads that are over a month old, especially to ask the author when they're going to update.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back