• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I don't think the violence not being shown in the most visible light had too great of an impact on the book to film transition, there were just different techniques employed to give that feeling of chaos. I mean, yeah, it helps to punctuate the idea of brutality, but showing it outright isn't the only way to do this. As far as book to movie transitions go, The Hunger Games was pretty spot on, the few things that weren't in the movie don't have the greatest importance in Catching Fire or MockingJay, so it's not like they shot themselves in the foot there. I had high hopes going into it just because you already had Collins writing the screenplay, so she wouldn't deliver anything too radically different.

I love Jurassic Park the book. The movie skips a lot of stuff. The ending is totally different. It's not so much of a cautionary tale. But... it is a damn good popcorn flick. I like it. It's fun. I'd love a serious adaptation truer to the book as well, but it doesn't make the A+ B-movie version bad.
Well isn't the issue here that the movie and book had a freakishly close production overlap? Like, I think it was said that Spielberg actually started early pre production before the book was even finished. Then there's Crichton supposedly believing that a lot of the book couldn't even be adapted properly, so we has fine with the changes from the get go even if it lead to a radically different piece of work.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
So, in the last 12 hours the whole forum has gone DCC crazy, just errywhere. So I came to see if it had spilled over into the C&M DCC.

Apparently not. :(

Also I have some lyrical GENIUS to share with you all

We The Kings said:
I'm never going down
I'm never giving up
I'm never gonna leave
So put your hands up
If you like me
Then say you like me

As far as I can tell, this song is about a bank robber who's going through some sort of a rough patch so he's a bit needy and seeking validation.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, those lyrics are soooooo inspirational. My life will never be the same again.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_University
YES
"the film is scheduled to be released in theaters on June 21, 2013."

I can't wait that long. Seriously, if you're going to make a movie that I want to see, just keep it a secret until like a month before you're going to release it so I don't have to wait forever.

Shining Raichu

Years
I second that. They reveal movies way too soon and just make people gag for them more than a year before they ever get released. I've been waiting for The Avengers for AGES now and it's only just coming out.

Years
My friend keeps bugging everyone to see The Avengers with her and pushing us to see all the superhero movies that build up to it. I really don't want to see the Hulk movie and have to listen to Edward Norton's irritating voice though. :(

Shining Raichu

Years
There was a Hulk movie recently? I thought they just chucked that guy in with the rest of the ones that actually did have movies.

Years
Apparently they did make one. I don't know why they did because the Hulk is a lame superhero just like Spiderman and Captain America and everything from DC except Batman.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I don't really have much on my To Watch list for Spring. Truth be told, it's around 4-7 shows. I mean sure I think I'll pick up a few along the way, but for right now all I have on my list is...
~ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD
I loved the first season. I like zombie shows/games so I thought I'd give Kore wa Zombie Desu ka a shot, I didn't think it'd turn out to be one of my favs for the year. So season 2 is a must for me.

~ Medaka Box
This one is on my "Maybe" list. I'll give the first ep a try and see how it goes.

~ Sankarea
David said it's not going to be dark like Another. But if it does start going that way I'll be dropping it in no time. XD

~ Accel World
As far as new shows go this one really caught my eye. I don't know if it was due to the Boku wa Tomodachi/Denpa character styles, or the fact the main is not your ideal "hero"... in fact I was like "WTF?" at first.XD
I can't wait to see what this one is all about.

~ Fate/Zero
I think it's going to be better then the first season, and the first season was so damn good. Between some of the trailers, what happened in the last season, the OP, and the fact it's going to be awesome... I can't wait.

There's a few others... but we'll see how they go.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I still can't get over how Andrew Garfield is playing Spiderman in the next film, ugh. If there's any reason for me to not watch that film, it's him. I was never that fond of the Spiderman films anyway (Tobey Maguire...no....) but I just can't stand Andrew Garfield.

Years
I still can't get over how Andrew Garfield is playing Spiderman in the next film, ugh. If there's any reason for me to not watch that film, it's him. I was never that fond of the Spiderman films anyway (Tobey Maguire...no....) but I just can't stand Andrew Garfield.
I don't know who that is, but a quick google search gives me the impression that he's very smarmy and that I would be left with this gross and sad feeling if I bumped into him on the street.

Good job, people-who-make-Spiderman-movies. You're going to make me dislike this twice as much now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Apparently they did make one. I don't know why they did because the Hulk is a lame superhero just like Spiderman and Captain America and everything from DC except Batman.
Bwa. Batman is incredibly overrated, the fact that there are like eight different Batman related comics running right now boggles my mind. Green Lantern and Aquaman are pretty kickass superheroes, especially now that the latter has Geoff Johns working on the current series.

Of course this is just regarding the comics, I don't even like DC's superhero movies. (nor do I really like superhero moves in general beyond Iron Man and Captain America, which is actually a pretty amazing work)

I dunno, it kinda always bugs me when people just discount everything DC has to offer that isn't Batman as lame because to me it seems like a lot of people don't really know how wide of an array of character the company has. (movie studios included, which is why we'll probably never see a Justice League movie or a New Guardians movie or a Hawk and Dove movie or...)

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I think the guy playing the Hulk in The Avengers is different from either of the main actors in the previous attempts at a Hulk movie. Not sure if that means the character itself is different too. Are they pretended the last Hulk movie didn't happen? ...again.

And Batman is awesome. I'm only just now getting into the comics. But, my other experiences with the franchise (The Animated Series from the '90s, Burton's first movie, Nolan's films, the Arkham games) have all been great.

I'm not interested in the new Spider-Man movie. I liked Spider-Man 1 & 2 in the old franchise (moreso the second one. The first was fun, but very Power Rangers-ey) but I'm not really a fan of the franchise otherwise. I liked Iron-Man 1. But like Spider-Man, not familiar with the character otherwise.

Shining Raichu

Years

Captain America is from Marvel... that's why he's in The Avengers... right?

Really? Andrew Garfield seems like an odd person to have formed a disliking for, simply because he isn't really all that well-known yet. He was in The Social Network but that was pretty much it.

Anyway I saw an interview with him on Ellen the other day and he was actually quite cute and charming, I don't know what caused you not to be able to stand him lol

Years
Bwa. Batman is incredibly overrated, the fact that there are like eight different Batman related comics running right now boggles my mind. Green Lantern and Aquaman are pretty kickass superheroes, especially now that the latter has Geoff Johns working on the current series.

Of course this is just regarding the comics, I don't even like DC's superhero movies. (nor do I really like superhero moves in general beyond Iron Man and Captain America, which is actually a pretty amazing work)

I dunno, it kinda always bugs me when people just discount everything DC has to offer that isn't Batman as lame because to me it seems like a lot of people don't really know how wide of an array of character the company has. (movie studios included, which is why we'll probably never see a Justice League movie or a New Guardians movie or a Hawk and Dove movie or...)
I guess I shouldn't have spoken for the whole of the characters since I can't speak to the comics, just the movies. I was just thinking of the movies: Catwoman, Superman, Watchmen (which is one I do like in comic form, but in my mind it's kind of a stand-out superhero comic and not part of the superhero "universes" or whatnot), Green Lantern, and the recent Batman movies which are the better movies on the whole.

But I still think that a lot of the superheroes are kinda lame sounding from what I know of them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Ozuma
Because Leiji Matsumoto has some pretty amazing ideas and even though his art style is definitely an acquired taste, it's something that can easily be looked pass for the pay off of the sort of things he writes about.

Saint Seiya Omega
Mostly watching this because I've been watching the original Saint Seiya lately and I've really loved the show. Umakoshi's animation style doesn't hurt either, though I don't think it's going to hold up amazingly well in a year-long series, it's still worth a shot.

Space Brothers
I've read some of the manga and I really enjoyed the characters and the relationship going on between the two brothers in the lead roles. This is one of those things that puts its main theme in a secondary position in favor of character development.

Zetman
I like superheroes. A lot.

Accel World
Seems like it's going to be a very fun series to watch, definitely has a unique premise.

To the Galactic Kickoff!
A good sports anime is always nice.

Kids on the Slope
Because Watanabe can seriously do no wrong.

Jormungand
Something about this strikes me as interesting, even though I know nothing about it other than that the Steins;Gate people are going to be doing this adaptation.

Eureka Seven AO
Because I really enjoy sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back