• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my team of 5!

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Sorry I Don't have a 6th Pokemon that I use since I've only been battling in the subway or over Wifi with the random battles option. I Would appreciate any advice on a 6th Pokemon to add to my team before I start competitive battling.

-

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: None
Nature: Impish
- Waterfall
- Aqua Ring
- Protect
- Wish

Golurk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Toxic

Volcarona @ Scope Lens
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Silver Wind
- Quiver Dance

Eelektross @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Careful
- Wild Charge
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Coil

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adamant
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance

Thanks for your time :) if I didn't follow the rules correctly or left something out please let me know so I can fix or change it!

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Firstly, you gave Golurk, the same moveset as the Pokemon above it, and the same for the rest of them. Fix it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Thanks! :) Now, Golurk should be made to attack and attack alone, switch Toxic for Stone Edge/Rock Slide.
Or maybe Mega Punch. Mega Punch get's the Iron fist power but Stone Edge/Rock Slide give you Rock coverage, because you won't be able to handle Volcarona, I think. :x

Volcarona needs Fiery Dance/Quiver Dance/Hidden Power [Rock]/Bug Buzz to be a boss.

Bisharp, Eelektross & Alomomola

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey there! I don't really know of what to give you for a sixth Pokemon - you'll have to decide on that yourself, I'm afraid. I will hopefully give you some help on the Pokemon you have now, though! Firstly, even though you don't think so, if you've trained your Pokemon at all they all have EVs. When they fight in a battle, they get the EVs from that Pokemon. They're probably just... all over the place now. :x

Firstly, Alomomola kind of.. isn't very good at all. There are better Pokemon to use, even in Unova. Try using Jellicent - its typing is significantly better and can actually do stuff to Pokemon.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk) / Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp

Golurk wants a Choice Band with Stone Edge over Toxic and 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe EVs.

Volcarona wants Fiery Dance > Heat Wave and a coverage move like Hidden Power [Rock] or at the very worst Psychic over Silver Wind. You could also run Morning Sun, though not being on a Sunny Day/Drought team makes that point fairly moot. Volcarona also wants Life Orb, Leftovers, or Lum Berry.

With a Careful nature, Eelektross wants Leftovers, Dragon Tail > Dragon Claw, and Substitute > Brick Break and a 252HP/252SpD/4Spe spread.

Bisharp definitely wants Life Orb, Sucker Punch >> Night Slash, Brick Break >> Thunder Wave, and perhaps Stone Edge >> Iron Head though both can work.

Good luck finding another team member.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Thanks guys for the advice! I'm currently trying to get some BP to purchase the items you suggested.

I Switched toxic for stone edge.
and am going to switch dragon claw for dragon tail.
probably going to get rid of Alomomola.
and going to add another pokmeon to my team probably Braviary or Reuniclus.

And trying to get Volcarona to lvl 100

Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
You dont have allot that would be effective against grass or flying. Looks strong enough, however.

Back