• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Would You Run Your Gym?

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
Years
I would love to be a grass type gym leader!
My team would consist of:
Lilligant
Vileplume
Bellossom
Jumpluff
Wormadam
Levanny

I would love if my gym was an indoor garden, with a lot of flowers, streams, lily pools, shrubbery mazes! Also, it would have a pleasant scent and other pokemon of the gym would roam about.

The trainers classes would be Aroma Lady & Beauty
Lastly, I'd want the stage to be in the shape of a flower, and a majestic chair for me to sit on ^^

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I'd be a flying type gym leader and my gym would be full of floating clouds. o3o;
And my team would be Altaria, Braviary, Swanna, Mandibuzz, Erufuun (It can use Hurricane kay?) and Volcarona (IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S FLYING KAY?!) yup yup :3

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I would definitely be a Water-type gym leader.

My gym would be a giant water park with all kinds of wild water slides and rides.
You would have to get through it like a maze until you reached the center. Fun rides before a fun battle? :D

The Pokemon that I would use would be Vaporeon, Lapras, Gyarados, Starmie, and Jellicent. :3

Years
I'd like to have a mixed type gym, but that would be horribly unbalanced so I think I might go with Ice to add some variety.
Gym layout- Ice plains, very little in the way of scenery, Maybe pillars made out of white marble (ice doesn't seem like a good idea for this), Once you make it through the first section you would enter into a second, slightly smaller room, this would be were I would be waiting for somebody to make it through to me (there would be ice stalagmite/stalagtites coming from the floor forcing people to fight gym trainers before they reach me). My chamber itself would be simple, with snow (artificial I guess) swirling around, an Ice sculpture of me with an epic cape in one side of the room and on the other side there would be a pool of water.

I would use Dewgong, Glaceon, Articuno (come on, legendarys have been appearing in the animie in the hands of young trainers, surely a gym leader could get one if they can) , Beartic, Walrein and Mamoswine.

Otherwise, I'd have an electric gym-

It would be set out like pewter gym was, except there would be steel pillars and a metal floor, and would have more trainers. Instead of boulders scattered around there would be power coils running along both sides of the room with two generators running at the back. Also there would be electric cables running along the ceiling.
I would use: Raichu, Magneton, Zebstrika, Zapdos (see Articuno note) , Galvantula and Luxray

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
I would do a double battle style gym with free-for-all pokemon. I would probably just include some of my favorite Pokemon and make it a 4v4 match. My gym would have my own announcer and it would probably just be a huge open arena, with a white color scheme. ^.^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I'd love to have a Dark-type Gym. One, there haven't been any yet, and two, they're one of my favourite types.

In terms of design, the emphasis would be on elegance. I'd take cues from Karen and Grimley's E4 rooms, but not so ostentatious. The light would be low, and the colour scheme would be royal blue and slate grey. There'd be torches - not too bright! - burning in brackets in the wall (brick, like a castle) and the carpet would be that blue with gold trim. It would be an enormous maze, but fairly linear. Not difficult, just really long and twisty. Every now and then there'd be a pitfall trap, where you fall down into a room where you have to battle a Trainer before you can get out. Further Trainers would slip out of hidden nooks in the wall to challenge you as you make your way through.

In the final room, you'd face me. I'd be standing alone on a slightly raised dais, and we'd battle on that royal blue carpet I love so much. I'd lead with Weavile, then follow up with Cacturne, Absol, Zoroark and Tyranitar (my strongest). When you come back for a rematch, my Pokemon would of course be stronger, and I'd have dropped Cacturne for Hydreigon and added Bisharp to my team. I'd be Gym Leader number six, maybe.

Years
I'd be a Dark-type Gym Leader. Someone has to be the first.

The puzzle would be a more complicated version of the one from Fantima's Gym in Platinum.

My team would be:
Cacturne
Houndoom
Honchkrow
Sableye

TY

Ill be a Dragon Gym, with the Gym from Kogain Fire Red as my Gym...

My pokes will be:
Salamence
Garchomp
Haxorus
Hydreigon

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
My gym would be bug themed. I would base it on a beehive. It would involve swimming through honey lakes avoiding the really sticky parts, battling the trainers so they would remove the honey on the stairs so you could climb up and hidden trainers in the honey walls, like the ones in Burghs Gym.

After getting through all the puzzles you arrive to the throne room. Honey would drip form everywhere on the walls. Bees would be buzzing all around the air collecting honey.

The trainers in my gym would be a new kind of trainer known as Bee Keepers and Honey Collectors. They would give you some honey once you beat them. There would around 4 or 5 of each in my gym. There teams would include the combee and weedle families.

My gym would be the 3rd gym and the pokemon in my team would be
Combee ♂ Lv 22 x2
-Gust
-Sweet Scent
-Bug Bite

Beedrill ♂ Lv 24
-Twineedle
-Pursuit
-Focus Energy
-Brick Break

Vespiquen ♀ Lv 25
-Heal Order
-Defend Order
-Power Gem
-Toxic

The badge would be the hive badge but someone stole that (looking at you Bugsy) so have to settle for the Honey Badge.

Years
I'd be an Electric-type Gym Leader cos most of my fave Pokemon are Electrics.

My puzzle would involve bright flashing color lights and the design resembles a dance stage. Challengers have to watch for the colors and choose the correct color switch, it it's the wrong one they have to battle a trainer.

And the trainers in my Gym would resemble Vocaloids.

I'd be the 4th Gym Leader of my region (yes I'm inspired by Elesa, she's my fave Gym Leader)

My team would be:

Zebstrika
Emolga
Manectric
Raichu
Minun
Plusle

Years
I think what suits me best would be a water gym leader of some description. Gym Layout would probably be a little less maze like, and more like "go into yonder room and hit a switch" type. Waterfalls would be blocking different passages, and you'd need to go into different rooms to press the switch.. and there would be a few trainers in the room, my elite minions who are supposed to be a challenge (usually not like most of the pokemon games) until you finally press all the switches and enter into my chambers of epicness.

I think it would be sort of like an Aquarium, like the room will be underwater surrounded by various water types and stuff that swim around in the background.

Would have Drizzle Politoed, Lapras with Thunder and Ice Beam, Ludicolo, and maybe a Quagsire or something. Wouldn't be a "high ranking" gym or anything - I'm pretty humble about myself. Probably 3rd - 5th.

Rematch mode - Politoed, Lapras, Ludicolo, Quagsire, Alomamola (or whatever it's spelled), Lanturn

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
Years
I would be a Water type trainer. My gym would be a giant swimming pool. And the podium you stand on will be in the water. (like a battle in the ocean but you get to choose weither you want to be in the water or on top of a pokemon)

To get to the leader which will be me of course you must dive. When underwater you must find the right place to dive back up. If you dive up in the right spot you vs the leader. If you dive up in the wrong spot you must vs a Swimmer. All Swimmers in my gym are female.

My Signiture Pokemon would be Gyarados and I would also use Starmie and Goldeen. And I will be the last leader of the region.

Oh and my gym would not be in a city or town it would be in the middle of the ocean. And my gym would also be a Water Pokemon research lab.

Last edited:

V. Squirtle

Vampire Squirtle
Years
Mine shall contain insanity. And I shall use a combination of internet/awesome-type pokemon.

First, you must get past those annoying spin tiles and teleporters, If you mess up once, you gotta battle 5 jugglers/harlequins/super nerds in a row. All armed with Squirtle, Gardevoir, Pikachu, Typhlosion, Weavile, Scizor, Dragonite, Seaking, Agumon, Snivy, Honchkrow, and Aerodactyl. If you get past all of that, You enter an underground cave filled with tall grass. Suddenly, Mudkipz. Thousands of them, all at level 100 with splash, splash, splash, and Hyper Beam Shoop Da Whoop. After getting past the shoopkipz, you go lower into the cave where there is lava orange kool-aid. Filled with vicious man-eating lawyers. After you fight off the vicious lawyers, you enter another cave filled with level 100 spiritomb, all with wonderguard and sheer cold. (I do not support wondertomb usage.) After you escape them, you come across two teleporters. Pick the wrong one, and you get sent all the way back to pallet town, with all the pokemon in your pokeballs replaced with slips of paper that have trollface drawn on them. Pick the right one, and you must walk down a 10 mile long hallway, with me standing at the end. Move slowly, all your pokemon get badly poisoned. Move quickly, all your pokemon get paralyzed. Move regularly, all your pokemon are frozen. Just as you are three steps away from me, GARY OAK comes strolling up, and challenges you with his level 999, fully healed pokemon. That's right. THE Gary Oak. Good luck beating him, he has a team of 15,677,468 pokemon with him. If you manage to beat him with hax, I will then let you know it's my day off, and I will teleport you out of the gym.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I would say to run a gym like Blue/Givonnai, Adversity types, but I'll set that aside. 'Cause I got other ideas ;P

Psychic for sure, and I would have 5 trainers, and have them actually competitive for the trainers. And you will have to do puzzles in a certain amount of time before each trainer battle. Once you complete the puzzle, you will fight the next trainer (Each will hold at least 3 Pokemon). Then, continue around the gym, do the next puzzle, then the trainer will ready you up for battle. Do this 5 times, after the 5th, you will have to do the hardest puzzle to be able to confront the gym leader, which would be me lol

Who doesn't like puzzles?

Gardevoir
Starmie
Gallade
Espeon
Lugia
Latias

I KNOW, I KNOW lol

Bronzong & Slowking for the last 2

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I'll be a Ghost type gym leader (of course) my Pokemon will be:
Cofagrigus
Banette
Dusknoir
Golurk
Chandellure
Drifblim

it will be a dark maze with blueish fire which is lit up by my Chandellure and Omnius Wind will be in the gym thanks to my Drifblim.

:t354:TG

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I would used my favorite Pokemon, I can't imagine simply sticking to one single type. I wouldn't give my Pokemon such a disadvantage.
I would have Pokemon like
- Weavile
- Mismagius
- Bouffalant
- Blaziken
- Gliscor
- Charizard (I may switch a single Pokemon randomly so trainers can't predict me.)

I would mainly be an all-out bash and attack kind of trainer. The moment the trainer walks into my gym would be the moment the battle would start, no matter what it destroyed. There would be a slight warning sign on the door to be reasy the moment they walk in. I would want to dominate the trainer. I think battling like that would be fun. Sometimes it would be one on one, sometimes six on six. Anarchy and confusion would reign in my gym. :P Lol.

Back