• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?

Yep she has 2 Pokemon and is the Second Gym so that puts her level range between 15 to 20 on the smaller scale. 22 would be the highest she could have I think.

And we don't know if she'll have Venipede or Trubbish. Seeing as Garbador was her Big Baddy, she could have a Trubbish and Koffing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Ah heck, here are some guesses. One thing I noticed was that Elesa's levels are higher by 3, and the first gym is lower by 1. So, haha, seems like it's all up in the air.

Cheren: Patrat, Lilipup (sadly)
Homika: Koffing, Trubbish
Burgh: Dwebble, Vespiquen, Leavanny
Elesa: Emolga, Flaafy, Zebstrika
Clay: Krokorok, Piloswine, Excadrill
Skyla: Altaria, Drifblim, Swanna
Shizui: Ludicolo, Lapras, Carracosta
Drayden: Druddigon, Zweilous, Haxorus (I'm gonna assume you fight him at a fairly higher level than before)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
He did have Stoutland in the trailer, though...

That Stoutland could be from his rematch team if they're in the game. Although it maybe just them wanting to showcase Cheren, and it would look stupid giving him a Lillipup in the trailer.

I hope Cheren doesn't have Patrat & Lillipup. First because like MRAS said, his team would just be a watered down version of Lenora's. Hopefully they could stretch Lillipup's level to 16, meaning it would be a Herdier. But I doubt it.

I wonder what position Elesa is now in. Since her Flaaffy is Level 28, her Zebstrika is probably either 29 or 30, the latter being the safest bet. Since the list that Bulbapedia released wasn't actually the right order. Except Cheren and Homika.

blue

gucci
Years
Our friends at AAPF have obtained a picture of the front page of the guide book for Black 2 & White 2 which shows the different gym leaders wtihin the game. It shows there are no further new Gym Leaders and showcases Homika, Shizui, Cheren, Elesa and Skyla with other returning Leaders of Clay, Drayden and Burgh. It is currently unknown if any other Gym Leaders will appear.

So unless the others will appear in the World Tournament that's about it on the Gym Leader front.

I'd assume it would go something like:

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Shizui
Skyla
Drayden

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Maybe it'll just be nice gaps between leaders, like Platinum Version. I was in my 60s (with a team of 6) without even level grinding before I hit the Elite Four.

I hope they have more than just 3 Pokemon each this time. It would be neat if they do what they do in the anime: You can only use as many Pokemon as the Gym leader has, so we'll have to choose about 3 each time. Make things more interesting.

Perriechu

Years
I've just realized that they all only had 3 Pokemon, omg. I hope they do have more. It would be a bit more challenging. One thing that I didn't find really challenging in BW were the gyms.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I like the whole three Pokemon thing, but, I wish they were more challenging to deal with. Like, I think they would have been MUCH more challenging if their Pokemon had better abilities, attacks, and really, better Pokemon. Maybe even limiting each match to 3v3!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm not sure if I like the 3 Pokemon thing or not. I do wish that we could have gotten more of a challenge with a 6v6 match. I do like the idea of limiting it to a 3v3 though. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't like that kind of thing because I train before I challenge the gym. If I train up 4 Pokemon for a gym and then it's a 3v3, it just feels like...a waste. :(

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Not necessarily. If you lose with one combination, then you can try with the 4th you have.

Gyms are a joke now because we can just squad up with 6 when they only have like 2. That's why I respect Giovanni and Blue because they had some high numbers with them.

I can easily stall out leaders until they run out of PP with their threatening moves. I mean, if Ash can do it in the anime...I think we can, lol.

Perriechu

Years
Not necessarily. If you lose with one combination, then you can try with the 4th you have.

Gyms are a joke now because we can just squad up with 6 when they only have like 2. That's why I respect Giovanni and Blue because they had some high numbers with them.

I can easily stall out leaders until they run out of PP with their threatening moves. I mean, if Ash can do it in the anime...I think we can, lol.

Gyms have always been like that. They're not going to give the first gym leader 6 Pokemon. It would be certainly too overpowered. And if you have 6 Pokemon by like the first gym then odds are at least 3 of those will be like level 5

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I totally understand at the first gym, but at least by the 6th...have about four-five, 7th about five, and 8 should always have six.

Or, like someone said, give them all fully evolved ones. Two non-evolved Pokemon then one fully just doesn't cut it. They did a good job with Skyla.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't see why they didn't do the amount of Pokemon like they did with Hoenn with 2, 2, 3,3, 3, 5,4, 5... the other regions also have similar numbers...I guess the Unova gym leaders don't spend much time capturing pokemon :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back