• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2010
Guess what? I actually know the creator of the game IN PERSON. Play this game, it rules.

...Oh wait, that's beta 3. Beta two is still good I guess. But beta 3 will kick beta two's butt. Trust me.

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
Hey Diego, how's the hack coming along? I mean I really hope this doesn't get canceled, your hack was one of the main reasons I joined PokeCommunity. Also, I was wondering if I could help anyway at all. I'm not to go at mapping but I just started and if you need any help I'll try. If you need any ideas I could certainly help. Also, I was wondering if I could beta test. I really like your graphics, especially Lake Zigger, I like the idea of Mikachu, and I think your presenting your hack really nicely. Well, Good luck!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Guess what? I'm still alive, and here to bring you more updates!
Wow! Cool, looking title screen. Are you looking for someone to beta test this? I'd be more then glad to do it.
Sure! In fact, read later on into this post for more info.

w00t! Updates!

The maps look refreshing and as Konekodemon said the title screen is nice.

I'm ready for Mikachu!
Thanks!

I really like this hack, but when the intro is over, the little message that is right before the start screen is glitched up, but it does not effect anything. Btw, I love the edited music, especially this intro music, keep it going! Hey when I was in the first route looking for pokemon, I was pressing the space bar to speed up, I found one but my game just crashed, can you please fix that bug?
I don't know about the first glitch (probably left over from crappy overwriting of vital data) but the second one was caused by a Pokémon's messed up battle sprite (I believe it was Sentret).
> Caterpie avatar.
LOLOLAOALAOALAKPAKAPFKDFPK.

This is a really good hack. I've completed the beta three times now and I am looking forward to the next update. So many things about the hack just click into place and make it a enjoyable hack - probably one of the best on PC. It's too bad that it's so early in production, or I would really consider a recorded play-through of it.
Wow, three times? O_o You must really be crazy about my game. :D
Don't worry, because once B3 is finished and released, it'll be more than double the length of the current one (hopefully making it more walkthrough-worthy).
Hello, I'd like to play your updated version of Pokémon Shining Opal, but I can't find the download anywhere. On the first page there is only old version.
Where I can find it? And have you ever released the download for the newest big update?
Anyways, your hack looks very good, I'm looking forward to playing it.
If you're asking about B3, it won't be out for a LONG while. (But be sure to look out for the B2 Redux soon!)
Omg! i love it,more than the older style of the hack.Really awesome combinations,tiles and sprites,very good pallets and all are good.Waiting the new release.

PS: Your name is Diego?
Thanks a lot. Most tiles were made/ripped/inserted/found by Full Metal, thank him. :D
And, yes, if you hadn't found out already, it is. :P Why?
Awesome. I remember playing you hack a long time ago. I was really disapointed when it ended so quickly. I hope the next release will be very soon cuz i want to play forever!
I was also disappointed. XD And the next "release" will be coming soon (as soon as I get that new PC).
Hey Diego, I really liked your hack. I think every one who disliked Mikachu is crazy, I personally loved it. I was just wondering how you are progressing on the hack, I really don't wanna see this die. =]
Well, I'm guessing that today's updates are exactly what you wanted then, huh?
And no, SO is still being worked on (although extremely sparingly, because my PC is getting BSODs every hour or so even after a system restore/format, and my parents still haven't bought me a new PC yet).
i like the mewpikachu fakemon nice work on this!
Thank you!
Guess what? I actually know the creator of the game IN PERSON. Play this game, it rules.

...Oh wait, that's beta 3. Beta two is still good I guess. But beta 3 will kick beta two's butt. Trust me.
Thanks for finally getting an account and posting on here, Frank!
And yes, we DO know each other.
Lake Zigger's looking good, but the bridge tile looks somewhat messed up.
Well good luck!
...What do you mean about the bridge tile? Please elaborate.
Thanks for the criticism, though.
Hey Diego, how's the hack coming along? I mean I really hope this doesn't get canceled, your hack was one of the main reasons I joined PokeCommunity. Also, I was wondering if I could help anyway at all. I'm not to go at mapping but I just started and if you need any help I'll try. If you need any ideas I could certainly help. Also, I was wondering if I could beta test. I really like your graphics, especially Lake Zigger, I like the idea of Mikachu, and I think your presenting your hack really nicely. Well, Good luck!
Now HERE is the long message that got me to finally start work on this post, even with all the blue screens.
But, really? You joined PC just for SO? :') That just about proves how much people care about my hack (which is awesome)! Sure, you can beta test. Like I said to Konekodemon, just read on for more info on that.

Thanks for the wakeup call, everybody! Here are the long-awaited updates!

Updates - 4/21/2010

The revamp of the areas found in B2 are around 50% done, with Vantrek City being about 98% done! Sorry it's not closer than that, but numerous glitches with my computer (this post has had to have been restarted about, maybe, 10 times) have stopped me from working much. Now, though, I'm getting a new computer!!!!
Awesome, right?

By the way, B3 Alpha (Preview) is ready to be beta-tested! Testers, please PM me your email address (and some proof that you work for my team, be it in link form or referencing back to an old VM or PM, but no copy/paste of conversations) for me to give you a link to the ~48% done B3 Alpha (AKA B2 Redux)!

How about I not keep you away from the screenshots any longer, and just show them to you now? Would you like that?

shiningopalprofgaryrout.png
shiningopalpokemoncente.png
shiningopalcolbyencount.png

shiningopalguidegent.png
shiningopaljimgai.png
shiningopalburtsbigeats.png

Tell me a change that I made throughout the course of taking this set of screenshots and you win a... cookie. :P
Anyways, tell me your opinions on the new updates!

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
Awee shucks, you made the post just cuz of me? But, I love the screenshots. I'm just wondering, is that a tile error in screenshot #4? The stairs seem kinda wierd on the left side. But, about that beta testing, could I? I'll just fill out the usual form.

Name: tjwilliams24 , Tucker
Position: Beta Tester, Ideas
Past Experience: Testing for Pokemon Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, and going to be testing for a lot of more hacks when readily available.
Time online: A lot of the time, since it's summer =]

It's good to see that your back and getting a new computer =D

Sierraffinity

Years
Awee shucks, you made the post just cuz of me? But, I love the screenshots. I'm just wondering, is that a tile error in screenshot #4? The stairs seem kinda wierd on the left side. But, about that beta testing, could I? I'll just fill out the usual form.

Name: tjwilliams24 , Tucker
Position: Beta Tester, Ideas
Past Experience: Testing for Pokemon Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, and going to be testing for a lot of more hacks when readily available.
Time online: A lot of the time, since it's summer =]

It's good to see that your back and getting a new computer =D
Note: I will not do responses like this unless you are signing up, otherwise you'll get your response in the mailbag (whenever I have the time to make it).
tjwilliams24, you are Accepted for the position of Beta Tester. There will be no more Beta Testers as we already have plenty.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hmm... the updates and the scripts are great, but
you should remove the hat for the Hero.
It will be better, because it'll be turned into a new OW then.

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Yes the old beta made me want to do a video playthrough but I was dissapointed when it ended so fast. So can we download the new beta already or do we still have to wait?

Years
no one guessed the change... I will take a swing at it. You changed the font its darker (shadowed?) in the latter ones compared with the first. really looking forward to this being finished.

Years
I F*ing love Mikachu. It looks so cool! So excited and hope this gets finished. I want to ask how far does beta 2.16 go though. Thanks

Oh yeah... and your website looks awesome BTW!

Also when you update the betas, are you going to change the beginning? I like to continue from a save but if it isn't a smart idea, then I won't go crazy training and instead will just test my pokemon. Oh and does Mikachu evolve?

Edited: Few things I've noticed while playing

1. I love Mikachu even more, love the attacks that it holds. Great job giving it Thundershock, Confusion, and Transform... Nice touch.

2. One thing I think would be awesome is if you put the levels and move list on your website. That way we know what moves it can learn and at what level it learns them. So far all I know is that it learns Teleport and Disable at level 10.

3. I wanted to ask how far this game goes? And the thing with the save would be interesting too...

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Well, I've decided that the mailbags were a bad idea. They came in a LONG time after any post (usually) and so nobody ever bothered to chack back. Plus, they were lengthy and far-in-between, so...
All other updates and responses will just be one screenshot, one reply, ect.
Hmm... the updates and the scripts are great, but
you should remove the hat for the Hero.
It will be better, because it'll be turned into a new OW then.
If I had an OW spriter, then could do that, but...
I like the new tiles that you've chosen and I look forward to playing the new beta, because the old one was satisfying.
Thanks. My MSN has been spazzing out recently, so I can't see who chose the tiles... :(
Yes the old beta made me want to do a video playthrough but I was dissapointed when it ended so fast. So can we download the new beta already or do we still have to wait?
You'll have to wait a while longer, but hopefully not that much.
I just need to get to the length of B2 (city-wise, not storywise [the story will have a lot more content]) and then the B2 Redux will be released!
This is good! I just play it! Nice scripts... :D
Okay, pretty generic, but thanks!
no one guessed the change... I will take a swing at it. You changed the font its darker (shadowed?) in the latter ones compared with the first. really looking forward to this being finished.
Yeah, you're the only one who bothered. And yes, the font is darker, but it also has the right widths when compared to D/P/P/HG/SS. Before, it was determined with something else, but now I actually looked at the widths on my Diamond game.
The shadowing also helps, right?
intresting hack! looks great. keep going
Again, generic, but I still like it when people post at all, so thanks! :D
I F*ing love Mikachu. It looks so cool! So excited and hope this gets finished. I want to ask how far does beta 2.16 go though. Thanks

Oh yeah... and your website looks awesome BTW!

Also when you update the betas, are you going to change the beginning? I like to continue from a save but if it isn't a smart idea, then I won't go crazy training and instead will just test my pokemon. Oh and does Mikachu evolve?

Edited: Few things I've noticed while playing

1. I love Mikachu even more, love the attacks that it holds. Great job giving it Thundershock, Confusion, and Transform... Nice touch.

2. One thing I think would be awesome is if you put the levels and move list on your website. That way we know what moves it can learn and at what level it learns them. So far all I know is that it learns Teleport and Disable at level 10.

3. I wanted to ask how far this game goes? And the thing with the save would be interesting too...
Didn't you see the previous 3 updates? I started over from scratch on a new FR base, so NOTHING will be compatible, not your save, not most of your Pokémon, not even Mikachu.

If you trade over Mikachu from B2 to B3, it'll turn into Mewtwo (because Mikachu's slot in B2 was Mewtwo's) and, gladly, in B3 I managed to get Mikachu into one of the empty 25 slots. :D

Mikachu does not evolve, because evolutions and breeding and stuff like that is just too hard to handle. Besides, in B3, Mikachu is a genetic splice, so it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve. (Except, maybe, just maybe, for an event. Who knows?)

Thanks! It took me a while to come up with a good balance between Psychic moves and Electric.

Like I said on the home page, most of the things in my website are not finished yet, including the mostly-finished Mikachu page.

The game goes up to the (unfinished) Klindor City, aka the 4th city you go to.

To everyone, sorry I was doing the mailbags, I'll reply to each post now (if they actually have some content and are not generic) by themselves. :D

And guess what? I got that new computer!
Runs fast, plays fast, and doesn't crash every hour or so!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Also, on a side note, B3 has been put on pause for a while - at least until I get B1 of another hack out. Sorry. :(

Years
I guess I will just have to wait for this. And that is disappointing that the saves won't work for the new ones. That would have been awesome to continue, but it's okay...

Sierraffinity

Years
I guess I will just have to wait for this. And that is disappointing that the saves won't work for the new ones. That would have been awesome to continue, but it's okay...
I'm sorry about that, but did you know that there's still old map data and other data from way back when it was called SuperBlah (a hack started when I was 10 years old, hence the name) and from when Lake zigger was called Cave Town. XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
a pokemon like mikachu could evolve. did you see the movie splice? weird movie, but the "thing" evolves over time.

also, the low base stats of mikachu kinda make me want to get rid of it as soon as i find a decent replacement. same thing as pikachu in yellow.

Sierraffinity

Years
a pokemon like mikachu could evolve. did you see the movie splice? weird movie, but the "thing" evolves over time.

also, the low base stats of mikachu kinda make me want to get rid of it as soon as i find a decent replacement. same thing as pikachu in yellow.
I saw a poster for it at the move theater I went to. It's rated R, right? I wouldn't have been able to go even if I was interested in rated-R horror movies.[/offtopic]
And Mikachu's evolving would bring about a few conflicts that I would rather avoid... unless its evolution was specifically designed for one event, and one event only.

Low base stats? They're actually a little HIGHER than your average starter (AKA Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and all of their equivalents).

Years
Yeah, you're the only one who bothered. And yes, the font is darker, but it also has the right widths when compared to D/P/P/HG/SS. Before, it was determined with something else, but now I actually looked at the widths on my Diamond game.
The shadowing also helps, right?

Personally I don't like the shadowing, it makes it harder to read. but thats just me. The shadow makes it contrast less so I have to think harder to read it. And I don't like thinking. It may just be like that on the uploaded images due to some quality loss though, so I will wait till an official release before coming to a conclusion on your font.

Its looking great BTW. Huge fan.

Back