• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2007
Sounds really good =] cant want to try it out!!!!

Edit: Awesome made pokemon =]

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
News from Plateface!

work is under way for the official stylised art for the Acanthite Pokémon. They will be released in a fashion similarly seen in Coro coro magazines so keep your pants on fellas! ALSO!
jacob and I are working on a manga series that will certainly be unique and tell the story of Acanthite in a magnificent style. A preview of this is expected in the next few months!

Toodles

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
Im gonna try and help Fang if i can, or if he wants to. i might not be a big help, but im good at quite a few things. so Fang, keep it up man, i really want ya to do well! :)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
SSV1 : It'd be a massive help if you could learn how to script. In fact, if anyone could.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted on things as Fang is really busy at the moment.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
well i will tell ya, i will never learn how to script cos i feel it is too hard for me. it only shows 1 example script and it aint enough. i could probably do all the music stuff, and all that.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
To get me back in the mapping spirit which has been a little bit stifled lately, I've been working on the Johto remake which will be making an appearance during the Acanthite game series. It's good to explore my mapping skills, and I've been finding that I've adopted a looser style that more closely resembles the technique used in FRLG. I've kept the structures more or less the same, but there is a looser, more naturalistic application of space and it isn't quite as rigid as in the original GBC games.

I had some old reference pictures to work with from a previous remake attempt, but for the mostpart I've improved since then.

New Bark Town (Lovely houses by Mateo!)

Route 29

Cherrygrove City

Route 30 (Thank you to Mateo for Mr Pokémon's house)

Route 31

Violet City (NEW SCHOOLHOUSE IN WORKS. Credit to Gridiron for regular houses. Mateo to thank for base of roof design on Sprout Tower)

Ruins of Alph

Route 34

Goldenrod City (Credit to Gridiron for regular houses and game corner recolour)

Route 35

Route 36

Route 37

Ecruteak City (big props to Mateo for about 90% of that fantastic dance hall made from scratch! Gridiron to thank for the standard brown houses, very minor edits by myself)

More of this, and Merto, to come :)

One of our main issues at the moment is the lack of a skilled and experienced coder to help us develop the systems. We're doing very well with everything else, but without the crucial systems it's becoming very difficult to actually make progress with creating the game itself. It's alright making maps and having all these ideas and graphics waiting to be implemented, but we seriously need help in the coding department. We've got a brilliant team working dilligently away - some of the ideas that are surfacing are fantastic! We promise to deliver a perfect Pokémon experience for players - now we just need someone's help in the scripting realms. That is all.

Till next time, thanks :)
The Fangking

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
the maps look flawless. i just never liked how gsc was so chalk full of trees in its whole region. it looks somewhat tacky in fr/lg, if you know what i mean.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I found Johto to be a fresh, natural and mountainous region. The volume of trees probably corresponds to that, so I don't see it as an issue. It leaves me having to be very careful with use of space however, so that it doesn't look too clumped together, but that's not such a problem as it heightens my own awareness when mapping :)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
well i get that, it's just that the trees in FR/LG have so much detail to them that when so many of them are thrown together, it gets overwhelming and heavy on the eyes.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It probably isn't that much different looking at full map shots of Kanto from FRLG to be honest. But I suppose it's fair comment, I can't help that though, it's a remake :P

I think actually playing and walking around the area is the best cure, as you don't have to look at huge clumps of trees as you're limited to a small screen :)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Good to see some update from one of the best games around ^^

I like the remade maps, although I always hated Ecruteak City design... so square, house, square, house...

And if you don't mind me saying, the roof of the building right above the PokeCenter looks weird. I guess it's because I'm used to roofs on pokémon having more visible stripes or something similar, which is not the case (I can see small lines, or am I blind?). Anyway, everything is perfect, and my opinions are just stuff that pop into my head, and I write.

~Azura.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Ecruteak is somewhat square and formulaic, I agree, but not really my fault XD. It works better to walk around these places anyway, I find myself enjoying it :P

The building you refer to does actually have a very intricately patterned roof, the lines are just a bit curved to blend with the contours of the building itself. The centre of the roof has a much more noticeable pattern to it. It's the Dance Hall where the Kimono Girls are.

Cheers for your viewpoints anyway ^_^

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hmm, there good, but your missing some grass patches in Route 36. Either than that, their pretty good.

I cant wait to see more Merto designs. I've yet to see any route screenshots from Merto =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back