• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'll be honest, I'm not crazy about the starters.

I don't like that the grass starter (Chespin) is primarily brown rather than green (I know there's no "rule", just a personal preference). And I thought the water one (Froakie) just looked plain silly at first. I think the fire one (Fennekin) looks all right, actually, but I went with Tepig in Gen 5 and like to start with a different type each gen. In general I just think they look a taaaaaaad stilly- I'm sure I'll feel differently once I see their final evos though :)

Also I'd like to say I think their names are atrocious.

Nargle

Totodile Fan Girl
Years
Actually, now that I look at it, I really don't know. They're all so freaking adorable!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Haha guys. What if Froakie's last evolution is 100x times cutter or better than himself? Anyways: I like them all! Chespin looks already excited to start an adventure, Froakie looks like he has a great speed stat and Fennekin is adorable! I'm going with Fennekin right now. Fennekin looks like a male version of Vulpix.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'm hoping fennekin is gonna be like torchic.. cool final design.
Agreed. I can't wait to see how they're going to have it evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.

The water frog doesn't seem as bad to me now as when I first saw it. Have I really gotten used to it that quickly? It took like a year with Oshawott.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The starters do look a bit silly but i'm going going with tradition and picking the fire-type.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well we already have a fire fox.. and that's vulpix.. but ninetales is based on a legend. Fennikin is based on a Fennick (sp?) Fox .. basically a fox with large ears.

I do like it's torpedo-like nose. Maybe they'll do something with that.

Years
Why does nobody like Froakie, he's quirky and adorable looking AND HAS FINGERS!
Seriously how many times has a start pokemon had legitimate fingers and not just stubs that have lines or claws drawn onto them.
Fennekin is cool and all, but I prefer Vulpix as a firefox.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
GUYS LOOK AT THE GRASS STARTER'S FEET AHHHH. What Pokémon family do they remind you of? None other than Sandslash! This has now convinced me to use Chepsin. :D I'm just really hoping the final evolutions are interesting or these starters will be a huge let-down. Every time I look at them I'm starting to love them more and more, even Froakie(!), but I just can't imagine a third evolution for either Fenniken or Froakie looking too good. Only time will tell though c:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Actually Fennekin is just Vulpix, the grandeur is gone. Ninetales should have been Fire/Psychic anyway if that's what this ends up being. It's still cool though!

Zet

Years
Actually Fennekin is just Vulpix, the grandeur is gone. Ninetales should have been Fire/Psychic anyway if that's what this ends up being. It's still cool though!
What are you talking about? Fennekin is definitely a fire type Zorua :P

I'll definitely be picking Fennekin as my starter.

Is it just me or does Chespin look like a few pokemon merged together?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I really love all the starters it's a hard decision for me u_u;;

But so far I'm definitely leaning on Fennekin!! It's so cute and I've always wanted a Fire-type like that cx Chespin is my second option so far cause I'm not too crazy about the frog... but I want to see their final evos and stats before I decide.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Chespin looks like Oshawott. But Fennekin is one cute fox. And Froakie is the first frog starter! So I picked them all!

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
Years
Poor Froakie, such an ugly little Pokemon. And Fennekin's evolved form better not end up being a Ninetales rip-off.

Chespin gets my vote. Looks like I'll be going with the Grass-type starter for the first time since forever.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
At least it seems as the trend of Fire/Fighting combo for the starters is finally over... But who knows what they'll do. I did not think it of Tepig either but then I (we?) got disappointed :D

I just keep my fingers crossed for a pure Fire-Type Evolution this time...
Other than that: I also like Chespin but the frog looks just way too creepy^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back