• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
I need help inserting fly points in advance map because i made a pokecenter on a route and when i get KOed the game stays on a black screen coz theres no fly point there so can some one plzzzz help

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
does anyone know how to open a script editor in advanced map that uses the same commands as pokescript as opposed to pksv or xse.
i dont know how to explain it more than that, its a bit complicated.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Help needed

Hey there, I'm new to the pokemon game hacking world, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I already have advanced maps, and am creating some cool maps. Most of my trouble comes with scripting. I know little about. Last night i attempted to make a pokemon center and could not figure out how to make a script for Nurse Joy to heal my pokemon. I tried to get the script from one of the other Nurse joys on a differnent map, but it didn't work out.

Another thing that would be helpful to me and I'm sure a lot of people is a key telling what all of the different numbers and letters mean in the movement screen. all i know is 1, c, and 4. I'm assuming ill need to know how to use the other numbers otherwise they wouldn't be there.

I have come up with a rough storyline for my hack, and will need to be able to add flags for events such as: More then one Rival, being able to receive pokemon after a certain event, and generally unlocking things after something in the game happens.

One thing i was trying to figure out earlier today was how to change what pokemon Wally first catches.

If anyone can help me with any of this i would reallly Apprechiate it!

Thank you!!

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
how do you make it so a person event spearow battle happens, then that person event, and 2 others dissapear?

xse scripts please. for all 3.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
does anyone know how to open a script editor in advanced map that uses the same commands as pokescript as opposed to pksv or xse.
i dont know how to explain it more than that, its a bit complicated.

You can't, simple enough.
The only way you'll do it is if you manually decode the script from the ROM yourself.
Sorry looks like it is time to learn XSE...

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
ive been focusing on graphic editing for a while on my hack, and now i want to start scripting, but pokescript no longer opens up bufrite after i compile the script. ive downloaded pokescript and pkmnadv from so many different sites, and every time i install it i get the same problem.
any help?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ive been focusing on graphic editing for a while on my hack, and now i want to start scripting, but pokescript no longer opens up bufrite after i compile the script. ive downloaded pokescript and pkmnadv from so many different sites, and every time i install it i get the same problem.
any help?

Yeah, learn XSE, PokeScript is old, buggy, and unreliable. IMO

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
I think he means this:
When you install your warp, you have to define the warp number, map bank offset, and finally, the map itself. Basically, what you're doing is you've entered the wrong number for the warp number that you want your warp to go to (remember, warp numbering starts at zero).
Just check and make sure that the number of the warp you're telling the first warp to go to matches the number of your second warp.
Actually, as I said. I tested the warps on Advance Map, and reviewed everything. They work on Advance Map, but don't' work on the game.

Spoiler:

That was my problem (Posted Earlier)

Last edited:

gabecounts112594

Gabe Counts
Years
Another Question...

How can you be able to change the gamefreak logo on Pokemon Ruby? I think I found the picture for it on unLZ-GBA, but I don't know how to change it...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
How can you be able to change the gamefreak logo on Pokemon Ruby? I think I found the picture for it on unLZ-GBA, but I don't know how to change it...

Save it and then edit it in an images editor (like MSPaint) and then reimport it into unLZ. Write it to the ROM and if it's too big, find a large chunk of free space in your ROM and put the offset of it in unLZ and tick automatically fix pointers. The offset must end in 0,4,8 or C or else the ROM will crash when the images is displayed.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
How do I set a trainers battle theme? Like lets say I replace a song in the games file with a custom song. how would I get that custom song to play when I fight certain trainers?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
This has happened to me in more than one rom, and happens as soon as I put in a script to make people talk. I just spent several days doing nothing but mapping, then put in a couple of these scripts, and bang it looks like that an ALL text, that includes all menus in your bag, your pokemon, the pokedex etc.

I would really like to not have just wasted the last 2 or 3 days of my life. So if someone knows how to fix it please tell me.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
Yet Another Pokemon Editor Help

i have finally installed a true uncorupted .net framework 2.0, and when i try to start it, it doesnt give me an error message, instead, it just doesnt open. i have tried all run in compatibility modes, and nothing. how do i fix this?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I don't want to look through 453 pages to find 1 question... so is there a way to insert music without using Sappy? I'm asking this because Sappy won't work on my computer. The program crashes when I load the rom. If you are wondering what my OS is, it's Windows 7 Release Candidate.

Sappy needs a lot of things to run correctly.
look at this thread for help.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178464&highlight=sappy

i have finally installed a true uncorupted .net framework 2.0, and when i try to start it, it doesnt give me an error message, instead, it just doesnt open. i have tried all run in compatibility modes, and nothing. how do i fix this?
A lot of people have trout ble getting it to run...
What Operating system do you have? (XP, Vista, etc.)

P.S. The girl in that picture (if it is you) looks younger then 17.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2009
Is there a way to use the Physical/Special seperation in the attributes of moves that is in the D/P/P games, and put it in a FR\LG\R\S ROM? For example, in Pokemon FireRed, the power of Nidoqueen's "Crunch" move is determined by the user's "Special Attack" attribute even though it is a physical move. In Pokemon Diamond, the power of Nidoqueen's "Crunch" move is determined by the user's "Attack" attribute. Is there any way to make it like that in one of the GBA ROM's?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Is there a way to use the Physical/Special seperation in the attributes of moves that is in the D/P/P games, and put it in a FR\LG\R\S ROM? For example, in Pokemon FireRed, the power of Nidoqueen's "Crunch" move is determined by the user's "Special Attack" attribute even though it is a physical move. In Pokemon Diamond, the power of Nidoqueen's "Crunch" move is determined by the user's "Attack" attribute. Is there any way to make it like that in one of the GBA ROM's?

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to do so...
There won't ever be a way either, so... sorry! ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back