• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
anyone? someone should come and accept the thingys....

Try being patient, sometimes it may take me a some time to get around to approving of applications.

i'd like to be a student :D..

CSS Knowledge: pretty basic
Preffered Teaching Method: MSN, AIM, VMs, PMs
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: i wanna learn how to make my thread pretty, doing cool things with sigs, etc. :D
Time Zone: GMT+5 (EST)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: amanda/mandy

CSS Knowledge: Beggin-- Look at my siganture :)

Preffered Teaching Method:Msn is fine but i will do by the pokecommunity pm (msn preferred) PM me for email.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Because I want to make a cool website and cool look thing. I want to get to the stage to just getting into advance......
Time Zone: GMT+10 Standard Eastern Time. I think, yeah, thats right just pm me for more details :)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Benjamin/Floaty/Cloud <-- Choose one :)

Both accepted, best of luck finding a tutor~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
sum 1 please get me a tutor

In the time you've been looking for a tutor you could have learned from the many resources there are on the first post as well as all over the net.

My advice would be to look for a tutor on the list who has a free space and PM them kindly asking them to teach you as not all the tutors check the thread for updates. As I've said, I don't have the time to assign all the students to tutors nor do I think it's fair that people don't get the choice so you're best off using your initiative and looking for one rather than waiting and posting a few times asking for the same thing. So try that or use the tutorials in which we have in abundance.

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
Hey uh, how do you do the quick links thing so its like you click that link to go somewhere down to the bottom of the post? Is it like BBCode or CSS?

just asking. :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hey uh, how do you do the quick links thing so its like you click that link to go somewhere down to the bottom of the post? Is it like BBCode or CSS?

just asking. :D

It's called an "Anchor Link" and the button on the advanced editor looks like this (
Anchor.png
).

It is explained here.

Years
Changing my role:

CSS Knowledge: Intermediate
How Many Students You Are Willing To Take On: Preferably 1, but I think I can handle up to 5.
Preffered Teaching Method: VMs/PMs
Time Zone: GMT-6 (Central Standard Time, US & Canada)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Any variation of donavannj works, since most of it is my name. ;)

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
Years
Hey donavannj,
I just got accepted by the peeps and need a tutor soo when you get changed you could be my teacher/tutor?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've got a small question.
Lately I've seen people with a shadow under their text. Does anyone know the code for that?

It's called text shadow.

Code:

text-shadow: #000000 1px 1px 1px;

Action:
Example

Obviously you can change the color and size of the text by changing what I've put in. Play around with that.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Just noting that text shadow only works on mainstream browsers that support that code (eg Firefox, Safari, Opera etc..) so, if you want to make a signature that works for all browsers with text shadows, stick with images until CSS4 is properly implemented in all browsers (good luck waitin'.)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
This is great guys. Well I been learning to do CSS for awhile. I just know the basics, and this thread is great to know a lot more about it. I would love to get learn advance CSS someday. I been getting a lot of ideas because of this thread. Great work guys. :3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm going to apply for a student position.

CSS Knowledge: Beginner

Preffered Teaching Method: MSN.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Not full-on CSS, but the majority of CSS used for vBulletin forums.
Time Zone: GMT+9:30
Name/Nickname/What we can call you:Blake

Years
yhpkmxg
yhpkmxg
yhpkmxg

10fq613.png
10fq613.png
10fq613.png

yhpkmxg
yhpkmxg
yhpkmxg

I don't even need CSS for that. Just BBCode.

Text over text is just line-height:0%; followed by a padding-left:3px;

As shown here
As shown here

Last edited:

Magik?!

Georgums.
Years
Student
CSS Knowledge: Beginner
Preffered Teaching Method: Skype or email. Msn at holidays.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: As much as I can?
Time Zone: GMT
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Georgi

Years
Um, I'd like to sign up to be a student. O:

CSS Knowledge:
Beginner/basic.
Preferred Teaching Method: Either PMs or e-mail will work fine for me.

How much you wish to know: A lot? xD; I'm already fairly familiar with the basics of CSS, so I'd like some help with learning more complicated coding.
Time Zone: UTC -8:00 (Pacific Time)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Masa.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
All applicants accepted, I shall update the list soon.

However, it is up to both the students and the tutors to take the initiative in finding a counterpart. So if there are any tutors willing to take on another student drop them a VM/PM or post here to inform them, as for students, have a look to see -in past posts- if any tutors have open positions and possibly contact them and see whether or not they are available for tuition. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Years
Supporting
Mabel-1.gif
deviantART
Mabel-1.gif
Twitter
urls don't work well with background images for some reason. Might have something to do with the fact that they're in the background. Instead, just get rid of background-image completely and use good ol' fashioned img url tags. Then use "position: relative; bottom:160px;" to move the css box, that would be below the image, 160 pixels from the bottom so that it would be aligned from the top.

Alternatively, quote this post, steal the code and don't learn a thing. Learning is for chumps. >:C

Back