• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shiny Pokémon

blue

gucci
Years
To be honest I wasn't really made aware of shiny Pokemon until a little after the release of Diamond & Pearl when I encountered a Shiny Shinx. However at a later date I did run into a Shiny Spearow on Crystal which I managed to capture!

Years
the only shinys ive ever caught were in silver years ago i caught a butterfree and a grass pokemon that i can not for the life of me remember :/

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I really didn't know about shiny Pokemon until 3 months after beating the game, so for the Red Gyarados, I just caught it because I needed one (had no idea it was shiny), so I didn't get any shiny Pokemon in my Pokemon Silver game other than Gyarados, but in Gold, I got a shiny Geodude, Gastly and Pidgey and in Pokemon Crystal, I got a shiny Sentret, Unown (can't remember what letter), and Hoothoot.

:t354:TG

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I love shiny Pokemon! The epic shiny animation is probably the main reason why I'm so fascinated by shiny Pokemon. My first wild shiny was a shiny Weedle. Yeah yeah, I know his shiny color is still quite yellow and he isn't the greatest Pokemon. I absolutely love shiny Beedrill's color scheme, though. Green and blue rock. <3 My second wild shiny was a shiny Grimer, but unfortunately, she fled. For some reason, several Pokemon had this random chance to flee. Bummer!

This all happened in Crystal. I also hatched several shinies from the Odd Egg from the daycare couple. I know I hatched a shiny male Igglybuff. He was really cool, but I never evolved him. Yay having a level 40 baby Pokemon! I want to say that I also hatched a shiny Elekid in another play through, but since the colors were so similar, I can't really remember if it was shiny or not.

tnfsf11

I didn't even know what a shiny is until after I killed the red Gyarados, I was really noobish back then & thought that it had rabies or something & I have to kill it because it's a threat.

The only real shiny I caught was an Ursaring, I was grinding for days at Mt. Silver & suddenly found it, luckily I was on an emulator so I saved state just in case, I caught it easily since nearly all my team was over-leveled but it was boxed since then.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never got a shiny in GSC aside from Red Gyarados and Igglybuff from the Odd Egg in Crystal. I do love shiny Pokemon, yes. :3 Would have been great to have a shiny Umbreon in gen II.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i had just entered victory road, just moved some boulders. a greeny/red golbat appeared. first time I've ever seen a random shiny. checked my pokeballs, only had my masterball. made me sad. but ohwell. needed that thing for ho-oh. now seeing red gyarados was one thing. i had caught him. but a golbat?! i had no idea..

Years
The amount of Shiny Pokémon I've owned (excluding the Gyarados) can be counted on one hand- and none of them were found in G/S/C.

Even with the Odd Egg in Crystal, no joy. And I emulated Crystal! I could've cheated to make it 100% likely, and everything! :(

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
Years
  • Age 32
  • ???
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've given up on shinies since Crystal .. I'll never forget when that shiny noctowl didn't want to get caught.

-__-.

kingfor6

Pkmn Trainer SS Goku
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
In my Gold version, aside from Gyrados, I caught a shiny zubat outside of union cave at route 32. The sight itself was hilarious. I also caught a Golden Magikarp. Yes! Golden! I wanted to evolve the magikarp assuming it would evolve into a red gyrados and breed assuming I would get more golden magikarp but never got to trying it. Other than that, I cant remember any more for Gold.
In emerald version, I caught a green Golbat in victory road. I may have also caught a shiny mareep at the safari zone if I remember correctly.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Aside from Gyarados I've caught a Shiny Donphan, Weedle, and Oddish, and I've hatched a Shiny Elekid and a Shiny Magby from the ??? Egg in Crystal. Though out of all of them I only have the Shiny Elekid and the Shiny Magby now. One of them is currently stored in Pokemon Stadium 2 and the other one is on a rom on my phone.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I had a shiny Golbat that I found on Victory Road. I didn't know that shiny Pokemon were ridiculously rare and I knocked it out on accident when I encountered it. Thinking it was like a Legendary Pokemon, I reloaded my last save and went back to look for it in the same area....and I encountered it again....and proceeded to knock it out a second time. I found it a third time and finally caught.

Haven't seen a shiny since then. Guess fortune is no longer shining on me. :P

like this guy, i found a shiny golbat on victory road. but i only had a masterball so i didn't even bother with it and ran. besides that, I've found a shiny raticate. but this was on an emulator.

Back