• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I've never tried chaining. Then again, didn't get past the fifth gym in Gen IV because it was just sooo utterly borrinnngg.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I only have one shiny outside Gen IV, and it was a Golbat on White version (random encounter). I actually managed to catch my favorite shiny as a RE...while chaining for it. The patch didn't sparkle, so I assumed it would be normal. Nope. :D

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I prefer hunting for shiny Pokemon over battling. It just gets boring, in my opinion. If I'm EV training a team to battle a friend, it's a lot more entertaining. I really ought to finish re-beating Soulsilver so I can SR for shiny legendaries for my trade shop.

that truly sounds like the most boring thing i have ever heard in my entire life

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It isn't boring if you're excited for a shiny, though. And it's mostly just luck- I managed to find a shiny Chikorita in half of an hour of SRing, and have done it several hours since then, with no results. I almost didn't accept the Chikorita, because it was the only shiny starter I didn't want. That would have been a terrible mistake haha. I:

Nakala Pri

Lets make this one even crazier :P

On the subject of wall painting I want to paint my bedroom walls a light purple/lavender color. Right now my walls are a boring off white color my mom picked -_-

Hmm... I reckon both of these colors will make you nauseated when sick or just plain bored. I would go with light blue, relaxing, serene and totally pretty! {:3}

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Yeah, or green *.* some very pale green walls are suppperrr calming.

The walls in our basement are a pale yellow and upstairs, pale beige :) is all so purty!

As long as you don't go with orange or red :(

Sir Codin

Wall painting? This is seriously the topic we have going on right now?

*sigh* Fine, my wall colors in my apartment are....hell if I know, some kind of lightish...pale, bland puke color or whatever - I'm colorblind and I really couldn't care less. The campus apartments don't really care much for interior decor. Nice hardwood floors, though.

Anyway, I heard about this March Against Monsanto thing going on tomorrow. What's up with that?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I have this old '70's floral wallpaper on my walls - probably because I'm living in an old 70's house converted to an apartment.

It might have been attractive in a retro sort of way if not for all the spots where there are holes or it's peeling off the wall.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
My roommate and I chose to paint one colour in all the walls in one room. Then, we used different designs and stenciled them onto the walls. Turned out pretty well ^-^

Anyway, I heard about this March Against Monsanto thing going on tomorrow. What's up with that?
Eh, it's an example of how far the people will go to get a point across. Congress was poised to pass a bill that would make it more likely for genetically modified food to end up in our stomachs, and it was recently passed. Now, a lot of people are really annoyed.

For the whole story, http://rt.com/news/monsanto-gmo-protests-world-721/

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I think it's the company itself that's the problem, not GM foods. Monsanto is a notoriously shady company and has done/does maaaannyyy, maaaaanny terrible actions. GM foods wouldn't be under such scrutiny if the people who produce them weren't such dickheads.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Supposedly, GM foods are incredibly unhealthy, though, and cause medical issues. So long as people know that, at least a few people will be against it. I can't say that many would, though- it seems to me that a lot of people are oblivious about what they eat.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Supposedly, GM foods are incredibly unhealthy, though, and cause medical issues. So long as people know that, at least a few people will be against it. I can't say that many would, though- it seems to me that a lot of people are oblivious about what they eat.

That, or they're too poor to afford anything else, which may very well be the case.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
GM means Genetically Modified. Im on the fence about it. I do think it should require labelling so people know what they are getting when they buy their food, they can then make the decision whether to buy it or not.Currently, GM foods are not labelled as such.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think it's the company itself that's the problem, not GM foods. Monsanto is a notoriously shady company and has done/does maaaannyyy, maaaaanny terrible actions. GM foods wouldn't be under such scrutiny if the people who produce them weren't such dickheads.
Well, money can't be made if people are well fed and satisfied with their lives!

…thus we have things like monsanto

Also I've heard comparisons from monsanto to the Umbrella Corp. from the Resident Evil whatmafiggers?

edit:snip

I'm just so angry at dumb people/ignorant people that I don't even have words for it.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't even know what that is haha.
I tried to research GM dangers earlier today to post here but google was not being helpful >_>

I just noticed that Wikipedia is claiming different things about pyromania. Some articles say a pyromaniac is a person who likes fire, but it isn't the same as pyrophilia. But the actual article on pyromania says that it's an impulse control disorder involving lighting things on fire.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Umbrella Corp is the antagonist's home base in the first few Resident Evil games.

And the two definitions you gave sound similar enough, no?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, that would explain why I didn't know about it haha.

If I understand correctly, they're pretty darn different. x: Go check the wikipedia page for pyrophilia. That is not what I thought it was. I'm just going to look up pyromania and pyrophilia on an online dictionary and see if that's accurate.

Edit:
Okay, apparently pyrophilia is not a word. Pyromania is the same as Wikipedia says, though. Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back