• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

Vera knew it wouldn't be easy. She had to hope that Hanso was quick, or that he even heard her. The one thing that could help her was outside of her grasp. "I will not fight if you lock me up. But I would propose something else for the time being." Vera was firm with her words as she allowed the Machoke to grasp her, something that made her uneasy with her past experiences with their kind. "You are surely all feeling like you can take on anything after your victory, but you're going to need all the help you can get. I can help you fight Auron, not as a tactician of the Silver Tribe... but as the last living member of the Fayos family, a family once held in high regard within the Gold Tribe before their untimely death at the hands of the Deadly Dredges. All dead, except for me."

Vera turned to Guardia, giving a look that was not quite apologetic. "As for the ambush, I had no part in that battle. I was on an errand at the time, retrieving something of great importance to Sovereign's well being. But, in all likely hood, Sovereign is dead now. I will accept responsibility for any crimes on his name if need be. You can do whatever you want to me when all this is over, but whether you like it or not you need me right now."

Her fate was in their hands now. She was uncertain if anyone would take her side on this. They had no reason to trust her, and every reason to lock her up. Every reason to leave her behind.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Weirder and weirder... the more Snype thought about it, the more he figured that he didn't know about the Pokemon he was working with. A special connection? He supposed freelance Sentinel had its benefits. He'd hate having somebody control him like that. Next thing he knew, Auron would go into his memories. He'd prefer not to bother with the details of those. He didn't know Auron all to well yet either but that was probably for the best. He was there to listen to orders. If he puts his own twist on them, was Snype's decision.

"...Rigghhtt. I'll be sure to work hard on that then." He said, scratching his head. Not much more to say now. All that was left was to plan things out and prepare. He wasn't scared by the least. Not like he had anything to lose. Snype has more to think about. If he survived the battle and the Gold Tribe was the victor, he'd have nowhere to run. It'd be a grand lifestyle for the thief but he wasn't sure what he'd make of it.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
Cape City

~~~~~

Despite the fact that he sat throughout the night, Hanso had no trouble sleeping. No dreams, no self-criticism. He would have slept through the morning if a soldier didn't shake his shoulder gently to wake him. "Sir? Sir. The Generals have requested the Gold Tribe's presence for a meeting in Stoneguard."

The Gallade nodded in acknowledgement and waved the soldier away, eyes on Genevieve. Her apparent condition was no different than last night. How long before she would wake up? How long before they could find out what information she knew about Auron? That's your first thought? Hanso shook his head, one foot tapping lightly. He began to reach out for Genevieve's mind; maybe she just needed--

"Hanzo, I don't know if you can hear me right now, but assuming our link is still in tact, I need you to retrieve something for me from Stoneguard. I stayed in the room designated to Frost after her death. In a drawer next to the bed, you will find something I need. Something I took while we were in Albia. I'm going to need it."

Hanso pulled back from the Gardevoir, startled. Not enough rest yet... What was it that Vera needed? He stood up and left the medical bunker, stretching his arms a few times as he walked outside. It didn't take long to reach Stoneguard; Hanso merely raised a hand in greeting as he passed a few soldiers on his way to the room Vera had told him about. Bed...drawer... Pulling the drawer open, Hanso's eyebrows rose as he pulled out what Vera had taken.

Where is she now-- Upon locating Vera's mind, Hanso cursed to himself as he left the room in a hurry, the object in one hand as he headed for the main hall. Why did she walk up to those who'd arrest her?! The war wasn't over yet!

"...can do whatever you want to me when all this is over, but whether you like it or not you need me right now."

"She's right," Hanso stated as he stepped into view. "We'll need every bit of help we can get to end this war. Every bit."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum
Penance had watched as the Scizor just straight up disappeared and shrugged. "Great job dragon." He said with a sarcastic tone. "Drove him away... " He patted his mounts back, "Well time to get back to Cape I suppose. We might have something important in the morning you know!" The Golduck however turned his attention to the crazy Ninetales and grinned, "Little niners, don't worry. Their plan will crumble soon enough." He gave a little wink and boarded his bird, "Up and up and away Lancelot! We have cooking to do!"

The bird gave a loud squawk as he rose up, "Cooks are always on a dime and nine." The Pidgeot called down as he flew off back to Cape City. Penance hummed to himself as he thought about Sentry's words. He HATED to be left out of a circuit. It would satisfying to figure out what he was missing. Even if he had to tear off every single limb Sentry had, he would find out. Speaking of which, he had some information to relay to his Affiliates, but he knew how to go about it then. For now, he had to remain vigilante for those generals and goldies.

As soon as Lancelot landed in the alleyway the Abra leapt out and hugged him tightly. Penance smiled weakly and rubbed the Abra's head, "There there. Let it out later. We need to do a bit of studies first. Remember, never show pain in front of them, it makes them smug for some odd reason."

He nodded a bit and grinned, "Let's gather together. The soldiers can look out for a while, even if they are idiots. For now to the new home!"

Several hours later morning had risen, but the Affiliates knew a lot as well. They were ready for this final battle... maybe. Judging Auron, he would have a few tricks with that crystal so they would adapt as need be. But for now, they had exercises to go through and they had to rebuild. But for now, it was for power. He reemerged and watched from a building as the goldies and generals were on the move. He snickered a bit as he watched the ants skittering around. Just one good bomb and this whole place would die. They had no ideas of self preservation, of how easy it could be to wipe them up.

Still, he ported away with his Abra and appeared right near the top of the ceiling with the Abra clinging to his head and levitating them upside down. "Ah! The star crossed lovers! He's a Gallade, she's a murdering psychotic Blaziken! Will they ever cut the s**t away and finally get together!? Find out next time on Hanso! The Lovable Gallade!" He burst into laughter, "Sorry, couldn't help myself! Anyways I hope you all didn't begin yet! Why, you would have been missing little old me! And I know you all looooove my presence!"

He snickered a bit more, "But what do you all know? Probably not much!" He burst into more laughter. "Sorry, I'll be quiet from now on, please continue. Still, you must admit this is a great Abra hat I have!"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

Even though Vera said she played no part in the ambush, a part of Zane didn't know whether he should fully believe her. Of course, she turned herself in willingly and admitted to other crimes already, so there would be no reason to lie about the specifics. He just hoped Guardia and others would also agree to that.

From the back of the room, a few other Gold Tribe members silently crept in to observe the action, them being Gallant, Speculum, Dryad and Sword and Shield. But none spoke until TrueStriker also made his presence known and suggested using her instead of imprisoning her. Zane thought he had a point, and if his brother was willing to back her enough to seek help, he might be willing to concede on that too. He walked over to Guardia, placing an arm on her shoulder and whispering to her. "He's right, sister. We need every asset to win this. She could help."

"But-"

"Please," Zane cut her off. "I promise, justice will be done to those who wronged us. But it will be to the right Pokemon." Guardia debated on how to respond to this, but after a few moments of angry glaring, she finally conceded and leaned back onto the pillar, crossing her arms. At this moment, Penance also chose to make his appearance, in his usual manner. Gallant angrily stared the Golduck down, upset that he would bring Surge along with him to this meeting. He wanted to explode on him right there, but he decided against it. It wouldn't do well to make a scene in front of everyone.

Zane knew, despite his madness, that Penance usually didn't say anything without some meaning behind it. When he looped together the Blaziken and TrueStriker, he wondered if there was any meaning to it. He recalled in Albia that the Gallade did happen to fight Sovereign, and he was sure the same occurred in Cape City too. There might have been a connection between the two here now, another reason TrueStriker decided to support Vera. "At the very least, I think it would be best that she remained at this meeting and assist with any information she might be able to supply. Will that be alright, Generals?" Zane asked. After a quick exchange between the Metagross and Dragonite, Hazone called off the guards and allowed Vera to be present. Belas, however, had something else to say as a precaution.

"Don't try anything. You make one move, and you're done." He uttered coldly. Quickly however, he moved onto the meeting at hand. Most of the other Gold Tribe members had arrived, so the time was now to move forward. "I suppose I should begin," Belas said, addressing everyone present. "Last night, Bloodthirster scouted around Gold City. What he found was a fairly strange site. The city seemed to be completely empty of any Ancients or hostile beings. I sent scouts last night and this morning to confirm this, and the same is true. The Ancient army has left the city, and are spread out on the outskirts of it, mostly around the mountain pass and the torturehouse. They have...pretty substantial numbers...." He trailed off, but quickly spoke again. "It seems, for whatever reason, the Silver Tribe have elected for a straight up fight on the plains."

The Metagross turned his head to Vera. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about this, would you?" He asked her coldly, the disdain in his voice quite obvious. He then turned to everyone else. "And while we're at it, if anyone else has any additional information or knowledge to share, now's a good time."

Zane looked around, waiting on recent developments to be answered. He noticed Paladin not present, which meant whatever rumors surrounding him and his disappearance may have been true.

***​

Plains of Valkaria

"Hehehehe....good! Good!" The Deceiver exclaimed, as the trio made their way further along the plains. The Mountains were now visible to them to the left, which meant that they were closer and closer toward their destination. Soon after, they went through the jagged mountain pass, one of the few paths to get into Silver City. As they moved closer to the city, shadows were visible along the plains. At first, it appeared to be a few dozen, but as they came closer, more and more seemed to materialize in their vision. Eventually when they were right by them, the entire might of the Ancients stood ready along the plains, ready at any moment for war, as they were designed to be. In the not-so-far distance, Silver City was visible. However, The trio's destination wasn't the city, but rather, the torturehouse just outside of it.

"Hehehe...The largest torturehouse ever constructed," The Gengar cackled. "Silver City's Torturehouse is notorious, if you didn't know. It was built by the labor of Ancients and Alpha Alliance citizens. It, of course, would have probably been easier to construct simply by Ancients, but at the time, Frost thought it would be more fun to get some citizens involved! Heeeheehee!" He admired the site of the large building of torture, continuing his story. "Then after the Pokemon helped build it, she threw most of them into the city as a reward for their hard work! Oh, how I miss that woman. She was good to me...hahahaha! A perfect pairing! And the Gold Tribe ruined it all! Hehehe...I guessed we'll have to pay them back for that! Come on!" He ushered, as they now were right in front of the torturehouse. As the sun began to rise and touch the tip of the building and scroll down, all of its presence was seen. It was a contrasting building, appearing plain and unremarkable on the outside, only to have horror waiting on the inside. To suffer imprisonment there would probably be worse than death.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

"Did you bring it?" Vera asked, Hanso finally making his appearance. She was relieved to have the Machoke no longer holding her, but it seemed they only wanted her for information at this point. "I can't say for sure given the fact that it has been days since I talked to any other commanding Silver Tribe members." Vera's words were cold and calculating, and lacked any nuance of compassion. "But most likely they know what is coming next. They know Silver City is next. Every other city has been more or less expendable if it meant keeping it out of your hands. But the capitol is different. They won't want to lose that. Which is why they will not wait for you to attack."

She knew they probably wanted more info, but at the very least she had insight into how the Silver Tribe worked. "They don't like to lose, and right now the final prize is on the table. They will do anything to avoid losing it."

"Hold onto it for now. If I can avoid it, I would like them to trust me without using that. Though it seems unlikely that they will."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum​

Penance grinned all throughout the proceedings. It seemed that Gallant was still angry about something... oh well, he would have to check in with the fighter later to see just how angry he could get! That would be entertaining to watch! Hm... what else did he have on his agenda? There was this, having to rebuild the home, getting ice cream, re-polishing the gold trophies, kill the rest of the goldies. So much still to do! And he had no inkling on when all of it would be done! It would be the thrill of the hunt now.

"You know... that pally wally is long gone I believes!" Penance giggled, "He's apparently awakening, judging by that I assume he had a little too much shrooms if ya know what I mean! Aaaaaanyways, main problemo. They are trying to keep us away from Gold City... but why? It may mean they really really super duper need Pally there, or it could be they are cooking something else, good thing you all never bothered to even frigging ask how my Affiliates are doing. They are fine by the way. Here and there of course, luckily we are going to be building a new city! I'm thinking it'll be somewhere UNDER Silver City. Just saying." Penance whistled a bit.

"If you don't get the joke then obviously you should remove your brain and count to ten. For those that do get it, we may have a under party soon. Question is though... should we split? If we don't then they will come over and wreck all the cities that were so hard to get. Of course pay off is getting to Auron earlier. Cool thing though, scouts of mine are everywhere! Binoculars are super cool, she saw that the Sentinels now have some sort of black cloud power, kind of like, I don't know, the very being that keeps attacking us in gas form, eh Zane? It seems the more time passes, the more like that gas they become. The scout saw, barely in the night mind you, a Scizor, Sableye, Jolteon, Golurk, and Gengar there!"

The two floated down right next to Gallant, as if silently mocking him with their presence. "So, if they are like the smoke right now... how long before, say, I don't know, they also start corrupting those around them? How soon before they just simply snap their fingers and just like the crystal enslave an opponent to the crystal's will in combat? If the Gengar can become smoke then I'm thinking Sentry could have the technique as well. That'll mean it'll be very hard to hit him in battle mind you."

He crossed his legs, "So... with the tunnel being dug 24/7 underneath the earth by my amazing Affiliates... who will come to just go around the battle scene and strike at the head man himself? Anyone that comes also gets a free cake!" At that moment a Kecleon appeared from besides the wall and threw a chocolate cake right at Gallant nailing him in the face. Penance reached out and grabbed a bit of frosting on the edge of a sharp claw and lapped it up. "Hm... it's delicious!"

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

After Veltra had finished tending to Accatosh's wounds he stood and went to Stoneguard. when he got there it was quite a mess, the Blaziken from earlier that was silver tribe, Penance, who he didn't really care about at the moment, except for the mention of a tunnel being dug right underneath Gold City... and a chance to strike at Auron, but he was still fumed about what happened earlier... an idea did come to his head however, did this Blaziken know what they were planning to do with Paladin?

he walked over to her,"if you don't mind me asking, do you know anything about what they could be planning to do with Paladin, the Golurk that Sovereign was fighting?" he was trying his best to hold back his anger because being hostile wouldn't help any of them at the moment... he needed to think clearly and put his emotions aside for the moment... he couldn't help that his voice sounded a bit agitated when he asked her.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

A dragon. The very creatures Sovereign revered. Vera's tone loosened as she responded to the question at hand. "The Golurk that helped us save Sovereign's mind? It is unsettling that the Silver Tribe has him now, I wanted to thank him personally. But I can't say for certain. If he's there against his will, then he'll be locked up, but I don't know if it would be for any purpose..." Vera paused a moment. The next bit was perhaps more probable, but would be difficult to accept for them. "If he's there freely, then he's liable to become the next Sentinel." It hit her.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but the Silver Tribe has been recruiting. It's not just the original group who left the Gold Tribe any more. You probably knew this about Sovereign, but shortly before your assault on Cape City, several new Sentinels arrived. I don't fully understand it myself, but they would each have been chosen for a reason, much like Sovereign who was recruited for his strength and reputation. You should not take them lightly."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

"Hmph," Was Belas' only response to Vera. He turned away from her, though he added a few more words to show his overall displeasure of her being in the room. "I would have thought you might be more useful, but I suppose not." Zane and the others listened to Penance now, as he explained what he believed was Paladin's situation, with him being long gone. Blitzkrieg, who Zane knew earlier was in the area when he disappeared, asked Vera if she knew anything about his disappearance, or what they could have been planning. But if what she said was true about Paladin becoming a Sentinel, it was trouble. He had heard of additional Sentinels joining, including Sovereign. But overall, only more questions were appearing, and less answers.

Gallant, throughout Penance's whole tirade, was slowly getting angrier and angrier. Gold City, before it's invasion, was the most well-defended, crime-ridden cities that existed. When the Madman began talk of supposedly expanding his network to there, he wouldn't be having it. However, the Abra that he brought along stayed his hand, as he didn't want to make an outburst with him present. Then he decided to come close to the Sawk, as if to mock him more. Still, Gallant used his discipline he had mastered over the years to stop himself. He clenched his fist, and gritted his teeth in replacement of action.

Zane, oblivious to the situation, continued to listen to Penance and his discussion of the dark smoke, and the seemingly expanding abilities it was now possessing. Just how much further would they reach? If it wasn't stopped soon, it may very well be just as he described it. The situation became completely more strange when a Kecleon appeared for a brief moment and threw what apparently was a cake at Gallant.

It was the last straw for Gallant, and he snapped. He reached around to where the Kecleon appeared, and swiftly grabbed the Pokemon by the neck. Even in his older age, he was still as fast and strong as the best of them. He picked up the Kecleon, and slammed him down on the ground of the Stoneguard, still grasping at his neck. "I've had enough of you and your games, Madman!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Gallant!" Zane called out, trying to motion him to stop. Guardia stopped leaning off of the pillar and also approached closer, as did a few of the other Gold Tribe members.

"No! Stay away, Vigil! I won't have this foolish Golduck and his henchmen interfering in this way anymore!" He clasped the Kecleon's neck tighter. "I've seen what he did to Cape City, both before this war and now. Sure, he's helping now, but how long will that last?! I won't let his influence reach Gold City too! I WON'T!"

Zane ran to his mentor's side. He placed a hand on his arm, trying to break the Sawk's hold on the Pokemon. "We need the Affiliates in this war. Every asset is needed, no matter what! We need to stop Auron! You know this!"

"I won't let him continue to poison us! He's poisoning all of us with his words, his actions. He thinks he's so great, and he is eager to point out all of our flaws, but he does actions far worse. He manipulates Pokemon in every way! Not to mention our brothers and sisters that have died by his hands!"

"Gallant..." Zane's voice was calm and collected, but also firm. He eyed the Sawk sternly, and Gallant saw this as he gazed upon the bright Bisharp for the first time, taking his eyes off the Kecleon. "He won't get it, I promise. But you need to stop. This isn't our way."

Still fuming, he glared at the Bisharp without words, not letting loose of the Kecleon's neck, but eventually, he conceded to him. He loosened the grip he had, and walked away to the opposite end of the Stoneguard. He sighed, adding before he took a spot in the corner away from the rest. "You've grown up into quite the leader, kid." He mumbled, loud enough only for Zane to hear.

Zane didn't stop at the words, but instead walked right in front of Penance, casting a serious, but collected look. "You're not building tunnels under Gold City. And we won't go around them in that way. The way I figure it, they'd be prepared for something like that anyway. Or else they wouldn't have left the city open."

A clearing of the throat came from Hazone, who tried to get the meeting back on track. "Besides, it might be best if we were to target the Ancients and the torturehouse in an open conflict anyway."

Zane looked toward the Dragonite, and raised an eyebrow. "Why's that?"

He put a paw behind his head and scratched, seemingly somewhat nervous. "Well, these reports aren't completely finished. We'll probably be sending some more scouts to confirm...but there's been a lot of activity going on in the torturehouse."

"We know, you've told us that," Speculum jumped in. "Lots of Ancients and whatnot.

"...It goes beyond that. We've...err...well we've heard some pretty bad things. It started happening since yesterday, I believe. Pokemon have been going into the torturehouses...Alpha Alliance Pokemon. Citizens. By the bunches. Dozens...hundreds...we're not sure, but many are going in...none are coming out."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
Stoneguard

~~~~~

"Yes, I got it," Hanso answered, circling around the room to stand a few paces away from Vera. When Penance appeared and spoke up, Hanso kept his gaze on the Generals and tried to ignore the bout of laughter from Varren inside his head. What was with bringing up this nonsense during a meeting? There was no point in it. At least the Generals let Vera stay, though Belas made one last threat.

The first thing Penance said that stood out was something about a new city under Silver City. After that was a mention of the Sentinels: "...a Scizor, Sableye, Jolteon, Golurk, and Gengar there!" Hanso frowned as he thought back to the list of Pokemon under Auron when they'd left Valkaria. Ignitus, Frost, Berserker, Noxious, Deluge, The Inferno, Sentry, Scar, Genevieve... We've been missing a Sentinel all along.

Hanso began thinking back over everything they'd learned since he'd been freed from a torturehouse, keeping track of the scene with Gallant but not focusing on it. If they'd forgotten about one Sentinel, then what else could have been overlooked?

"...It goes beyond that. We've...err...well we've heard some pretty bad things. It started happening since yesterday, I believe. Pokemon have been going into the torturehouses...Alpha Alliance Pokemon. Citizens. By the bunches. Dozens...hundreds...we're not sure, but many are going in...none are coming out."

'The Dark One feeds off the malice, chaos, and evil of our world.' ... 'I began to wonder how a device that was said to feed off the pain and power of others could truly be a benevolent force.' "Oh, no," Hanso whispered. Now it made sense why, if there were so many Ancients, the Sentinels had never sent them all to just obliterate the Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance. The torturehouses added to it, perhaps even more than the battles for taking back the cities.

And here they were, squabbling among themselves. "We need to target both," Hanso stated. "Both the torturehouse and Auron. Stop them at the torturehouse soon as we can. But they won't just let the army waltz up to the Ancients, will they. I believe there's another Sentinel that we've all been missing. Levin Gannon, most likely that Gengar that was seen. Chances are, he'll team up with the new Sentinels to slow us down."

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh listened to the Blaziken... the things she was saying didn't sit well with him, "Blast it!" he exclamed, then he sighed, "thank you... I'm sorry I don't know your name," he heard the rest of the conversation that was going on in the room but this Blaziken nomatter what kind of person she was was indeed worth respect... he did second Hanso's Idea of two targets... meaning two fronts to fight but he kept these thoughts to himself for the moment until he needed to say something.

Accatosh wasn't thrilled about working with Penance anymore than the old Sawk... but an Idea did form in his mind which he spoke after learning the Blaziken's name.

"What about a three front battle? Think about it, we could use Penance's tunnel since they would be figuring an underground assault, we would make it look like that was our plan, while we would have the actual main force of our army above ground, the below ground assault would hit first, then the above ground force, the above ground force would be split in half, one army would come as if directly from cape city, the other would come in from the near the Lake of Lull, as if we were coming from a separate camp. there would be three fronts, there is no way they could properly defend all three fronts effectively, their forces would be spread too thin... this would only be agreeable if Penance promised, to take down the tunnel after we have taken the city... is that agreeable Gallant?"

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Snype The Sableye

The ancients were already in position, prepared for the fight of their lives. Finally Silver City was in view, but as with decievers plan, they were headed to the Torture House. Snype had never been in one of these, but considering his psyche, he'd think of it as the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Of course, running this place wasn't his job, even though he'd likely enjoy it. All he could do was admire it. From what Deciever was saying, this "Frost" Must have fell to the Gold Tribe. Figured he'd want revenge. Or his mad drive of insanity would do the job. Whatever came first. Snype could relate.

"I see... so how will this help us defeat the Gold Tribe? Do we use whoevers in there as shields or something like that or what? Or maybe threaten to kill them off? I could think of alot of ways to make it work but lets hear what you got planned." Snype said. He couldn't recall the last time he became so serious. Normally he'd be cackling about as much as the Gengar but he was more focused this time around...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Silver City Torturehouse

"Hehehehe! It's simple! The Alpha Alliance, but more importantly the Gold Tribe are all about honor and protecting the citizen, right? That's their whole memo! They always blabber on about it! Well, if that's true, then why don't we put it to the test? They'll have to come through here, to fight our Ancients. They'll have to pass through to free them. But more importantly, they'll have to go inside. In here!" He said, pointing to the giant torturehouse in front of them. "And that's the beauty of it! Even if they know what await, or even if they can guess, they can't do anything to stop it! Because they have to come! They will come! And we'll have some good surprises waiting for them! The full might of the Silver Tribe will be waiting! Heeheehee!"

The Gengar examined the torturehouse. He sighed, but kept his large grin on his face. "You know, I'm a little bit ashamed, to be honest. I wish this was my plan to begin with, but I merely gave my own touches to it. Auron passed this to me. The idea of using citizens." He crossed his arms, walking into the torturehouse, assuming the other two would follow. "Hehehehe...it's funny, I remember something Scar said to me while we saw each other a while ago. He went over the numbers. He went over every plan and every battle that occurred in the last few weeks. Eternity City...Albia...Shine City...Gravel City...Cape City..." He counted each one off with his fingers. "In every single one of those fights, Lord Auron left enough Ancients to protect the cities. He left a substantial army. But he never left a large enough force in any one of them so that none would dare attack. He just left enough so that it could be defended enough. And never once did he send reinforcement to any of those cities. Not once. Hehehehehe!" He shook his head, as he opened the door to the torturehouse, the screams of Pokemon immediately being heard by the trio. There were many screams, almost making it sound like noise being drowned out by anything else. The Gengar didn't seem to pay it any mind. He simply talked a bit louder so Snype could hear.

"And I started to think about this. If Auron wanted to, he could have sent the entire army to the first battle in Eternity, crush the resistance, and end this entire war cleanly. With a nice bloody ribbon on top. But he didn't. Hehehehe....I can never know what goes on in our leader's mind, but I can guess, and I came up with one interesting point," He turned to Snype, his grin enlarging on his face, causing his body to seem to expand a bit too. "I don't think Auron wants to end this war cleanly. Hell, I don't think he wants to end the war at all. He wants to prolong it. He wants it bloody, messy! He's not interested in ruling a conquered kingdom! He doesn't want absolute obedience over every subject and every Pokemon! He just wants...chaos! And he wants everyone to have a piece of it!"

***​

Cape City

Zane nodded in agreement with TrueStriker. He couldn't even begin to think of what was happening inside of those horrid places. He remembered freeing Hazone and some of his brothers from a smaller torturehouse near Liberty City. That was one thing. This torturehouse, which could house thousands more...it was a massacre waiting to happen, and even if it was potentially a trap, he had to go there. He had to protect those who couldn't protect themselves.

Hazone spoke after the Salamanece announced his idea. "It's too far away to make an impact. And I agree with what Vigil and Gallant spoke of before. We won't use the underground path. No, we can't do that. I do agree with TrueStriker. We have to stop both in order to stop this war. But since by our intelligence Gold City is emptied of threats, our best course of action is to stop all that is by the torturehouse...then we can deal with Auron after. Besides, judging by our intelligence, reaching Gold City without confronting the Ancients in front first would be suicide."

Belas nodded in agreement. "We'll hit them with everything we have. Every asset. I expect the Affiliates will help, same as the Gold Tribe. We do this together, for the right reasons. No arguments." Zane nodded. He respected the Generals' ability to push aside personal hatreds for the ability to use everything he can to win. It was an admirable trait, though it was also a risky one, if all those together couldn't cooperate. Belas turned to Vera. "Good news, I figured out a good enough punishment. You fought for the Silver Tribe and the Sentinels? Well, now you'll also fight for us. That should be how you help, since you can provide us enough information."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh listened to the generals while they bashed at his Idea, then their Idea of punishing the Blaziken, by having her be in the front lines. "haven't we learned anything about the Silver Tribe, or Auron in this entire ordeal? Generals, I object to you punishing this Blaziken in such a manor... such is what Auron would do, cruel and unusual, secondly you have failed to recognize that of course we would fight to the death if necessary, but we must be unpredictable if we are to succeed at this and take the city... and to do that we must make them think that our force is underground, coming after them below the earth, then reaching the city and getting inside would be easy, sure we would louse a number of good troops in the underground assault... however we would be flanking them... and victory would be swift... the Idea I have put forward was keeping those targets in mind... and I figure that it would get us through the first target fast enough to finish the first one... and besides wouldn't it be easier to start 'a battle' inside the city enough to distract all the forces on the outside and on the inside, it would look like we were being foolish when instead we were just distracting them... I mean look at it, it's easier to walk though a unguarded gate than have to force our way though an army and the gates at the same time."

"In other words don't count out plans just because they seem more difficult, and also I have hardly seen you on the front lines of battle generals... you have done little but neglect those plans that would have prevented this war getting as far as it has, any member of the Gold Tribe who came up with such ideas were considered by you as foolish... thinking that your book of strategies would save you... but the truth is, without Vigil and the other members of the Gold Tribe leading the charge and starting battles, you would have hardly made it past the battle even here... that is 'if' you made it past the battle."

"Why do you think I acted on my own... I had battled Auron on my own on that field, because you underestimated him, as did I but at least I had the guts to do battle against him... and you call yourself a Dragon Hazone?"

"Besides why do you think I was planning on using the Lake of Lull, I said and I quote, 'near the Lake of Lull, as if we had a camp there' meaning it would look like we had more troops than we had, it's a way of 'faking them out' and bluffing, saying that the force at Cape City wasn't our full force... I would figure that you Generals would get that. Apparently not."

With that Accatosh fell silent he had spoken his piece even if he has overstepped his bounds, it was better that he said something than not.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Snype the Sableye

Snype was begining to wonder who was more mad here... Clearly Auron. So Auron has been losing on purpose then? Simply to prolong a war that could have been ended? The Gold Tribe could have been dust by now... an odd strategy. That means everybody who got killed... it was all part of the plan, not that Snype cared. He just wondered what his part in all of this would be. If he would end up dead for the sake of prolonging this war. He was a Freelance sentinel after all. Anything goes for the Sableye...

"An endless war then? That's... quite a plan... You think they'll come right to the torture house first? We could easily play a couple of mind games on them on the way." Snype said. The screams of the torture house downed out any noise around the Sableye. It was like a sonato to him... a terrifyingly enjoyable one.

"So what then? He's just been letting us lose on purpose? They're about to strike on Silver City. We're almost on our last rope. Do we just go full force on the Gold Tribe, take everything back, and then repeat the cycle all over again? What do we do then? Just sit and wait for them to show up?" Snype asked.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

Generals Hazone and Belas both stared at the Salamence as he lectured them on the manners by which war. It was a trivial thing. They had both had Pokemon step over the bounds of their duty by trying to 'correct' them in the past. There were always Pokemon like that. Hazone knew how to deal with them. Belas generally just shouted them down. Because the specific Pokemon happened to be a member of the Gold Tribe, neither of them immediately spoke ill of him. Instead, they allowed him to finish. They owed the fighter that much for his services thus far in the war. But by the time he was finished, Belas mumbled to himself.

"Well, if you ask me, she probably deserves cruel and unusual punishment anyway..."

"Belas," Hazone began, lifting up a hand to stop him.

"I'm just saying, at least let her decide what she wants to do. Maybe she still has some honor and wants to fight, eh?" He asked the Blaziken. "Do you then?"

Hazone shook his head, and turned to Blitzkrieg to answer him. "This has nothing to do with being a dragon, Blitzkrieg. And whether it's by your dragon blood or your Gold Tribe pride, either one of them are blinding you from understanding that what we're doing is for the best, while you seem to not realize exactly the situation at hand."

He placed two paws on the table, and looked the Salamence straight in the eyes. "The amount of time it would take to construct an entire underground path through Gold City would take far too long for the amount of time we have. We crafted one in Eternity City because there were already caverns below next to Poseida, it wouldn't have been too difficult to dig up to Eternity. Albia already had sewers below that long existed, so no digging was required. Cape City has the 'Thousand Tunnels' below, a maze that has existed as long as the city has, if not longer. We can't simply dig a tunnel far enough to avoid the miles of Ancients and all the way through Gold City!" He continued to stare at the Salamence as he explained. It would take a few miles out to begin digging without being spotted, and a few more miles to go all the way under the entire army, and then a few more miles just to reach Gold City. And there's no way to directly dig up from there. The ground below is crafted with gold plating to prevent underground sieges. That's how the city was designed! If we were to attempt this, it would take weeks, time we simply do not have."

"Understanding, noble Gold Tribe, that I do not ridicule your ideas. I am simply stating that I have a job in the Alpha Alliance, and that is to lead. Your job is to help with the fighting. We will, of course, take any advice you give, but only ones that are acceptable to do. Surely as a dragon, you would understand that."

Belas looked at the map, thinking long and hard. "However, Hazone, I do have one thing I agree about Blitzkrieg's plan. Flanking. Not from Gold City. I wouldn't think we'd be able to reach it in any conventional matter, digging or not. But...we could try to surround the torturehouse. By way of the Lake of Lull. One Force goes through the mountain pass, we could make it seem like the main force. The other goes by the river, it'll have to be mostly Water Pokemon, Flying Pokemon, or Pokemon that could swim. We surrounded the torturehouse, and we could take it from them!"

Hazone pondered this, placing a paw thoughtfully on his chin. He met eyes with Blitzkrieg, and gave him a slight smile. "That might actually work. We'd have to scout out the area some more as we prepare to see how much they are defending it, but the plan is feasible!"

"Well, now that we have a viable plan in motion, any other news to share?" Belas asked.

***​

Silver City Torturehouse

"Heeheehee! I wouldn't think Auron wants us to lose. I can't be sure what he wants! I just know he wouldn't give up Silver City. And we won't simply wait. If they would come here, then we'll hit them with everything we have, and then some! But...I don't know if it's endless, no. I think it has an end. We just might be waiting for something. Something...important perhaps! Heeheehee! If that means to take everything back over again, then so be it! It was fun the first time, it might be even better the second!"

The Gengar laughed, adding to the sounds of screams, making it seem like a symphony of different noises within the torturehouse. "In the meantime, we will prepare the inside of this place. They will come here, and they'll be in for a surprise when they do!"

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh kept silent throughout the general's addressing him, he owed them that much. the General's were blunt... at least General Hazone had the decency to object to cruel and unusual punishment, and to speak to Accatosh directly instead of mumbling under his breath.

Accatosh simply nodded at times, in understanding. when Hazone mentioned that as a dragon he should understand what their doing... and Hazone was right they are trying to process all the possibilities at once... like what his father had to do sometimes, especially when he was in meeting with the other head dragons. Accatosh had only experienced this a few times... and that few times did not give him the right to be angry with Hazone who was more experienced in battle strategy than he was.

Accatosh was relieved when they saw that his idea brought forward a better possibility for battle... flanking them using the mountains and the lake, when this was mentioned, Hazone pondered it and then smiled, Accatosh had brought forward an idea that would help them win this war, he felt accomplished, and smiled in return.

"Well, now that we have a viable plan in motion, any other news to share?" Belas asked.

Accatosh thought for a moment, he wasn't much of a scout, more of a hit fast and hard kind of fellow... but he could help in some way, "I'll do my best to help in any way I can," he looked at the map, "let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do... the plan is a solid one."

Accatosh whispered to Hazone, "Hazone... I meant no disrespect when I spoke out, but we had to be unpredictable... and from all that I've heard there has been a nasty record of a pattern in attacks, underground then above ground assults... so I was concerned that we would repeat that, that's why I suggested the three front idea... however I didn't know the set up of Gold City... only in rumor, Since I was never stationed there... except to help repel the invaision. my apologies for the disrespect... and I do understand your angle... My father would have liked your plan if he was here."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
Stoneguard

~~~~~

There was some more arguing, about how best to approach Gold City and the torturehouse. Hanso doubted Vera would have offered to help if she hadn't already intended to come along in the first place, punishment or not. Personally, he wasn't sure what to think about her punishment, but Hanso would set that aside for the time-being.

Hazone pondered this, placing a paw thoughtfully on his chin. He met eyes with Blitzkrieg, and gave him a slight smile. "That might actually work. We'd have to scout out the area some more as we prepare to see how much they are defending it, but the plan is feasible!"

Was this the time to speak up? The Thieves had asked for help, but who knew how many Pokemon present would accept it as well? Hanso glanced at Zane and Penance as Accatosh spoke again. Zane would likely appreciate the additional help, as would the Generals. Penance...Penance would probably make some additional plans upon hearing about the Thieves. They all needed to hear it, though.

"I do have something to share," Hanso replied, once Accatosh had finished. "I was approached by the residents of the Thieves' Forest. The Silver Tribe hit them hard around the time of Albia's battle, and the Thieves want to strike back. They can't do it alone, though. One thing they can help with is scouting, and anything else they'd need to do."

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

Vera was quite irritated to be brushed off as useless. She returned to her original tone. "There is one more thing I feel I should mention. Something I've noticed for a long while. There's something different about Sentry. Most often he is sent on 'special tasks' for Auron. Things we never hear about.I believe that defeating him will be key in achieving victory, above the other Sentinels. Auron trusts him for a reason."

Vera was surprised that anyone in the Thief's Forest survived. She was certain they had been quite thorough. "Ah, that reminds me. Someone should go bury the King of Thieves. He's been dangling outside the city for a few days now."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back