• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
You can not celebrate Halloween and still not be a grinch though. :|

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Lmao, there's so many more reasons for someone to not celebrate Christmas than there is Halloween. xD

droomph

weeb
Years
Eh I don't celebrate Halloween because I much more prefer to not talk to anyone much less people I don't know and even less to bother them.

If I was okay with talking with people I would definitely go trick-or-treating, but me not going anywhere on Halloween has nothing to do with me thinking it's too mature.

...obv because I'm on PC

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, there are definitely people that dislike Halloween for their own reasons haha, outside of "I'm too old for this ****". I usually dont do much of anything myself :(

Years
The great thing about Halloween is not the candy (which I like but can do without) nor the parties (which aren't my thing anyway) nor the costumes (which can be a pain to put together). It's the macabre atmosphere. You can be all about death and ghosts and monsters and still have fun with it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In stark contrast to those who "outgrew" Halloween, I consider myself to have "outgrown" Christmas, while Halloween has taken over as my preferred holiday.

Winning costume contests year after year certainly doesn't hurt either :P

droomph

weeb
Years
The great thing about Halloween is not the candy (which I like but can do without) nor the parties (which aren't my thing anyway) nor the costumes (which can be a pain to put together). It's the macabre atmosphere. You can be all about death and ghosts and monsters and still have fun with it.

Silly I have fun with death every day :3 no need for a holiday

Years
Do you not hear how grinchy you sound? The way you've worded it also makes it sound like that, at some point, Mork said they were too mature for Halloween. They didn't, only you have said that! :[

People who think they're too "mature" for certain actions lack maturity. >:( It's like people that are insecure in their masculinity not being able to handle being feminine in any way - the only people that have to point out that people are too old for things always seem very insecure in their maturity.

See: 3 year olds that get obsessed with getting rid of anything that's "for babies", 12 year olds that reject anything that isn't bloody because they're "mature" now, etc.

So, because I find it immature, I lack maturity? Makes sense.

I just don't see the point, as Will said, going round asking for stuff. That is just me, I am not condemning the 'holiday', just conveying my opinion on it.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Saying you dislike it and saying you dislike it "because you're not 8" are two different things. ;( One's a personal dislike, one's a judgment on people who do like it.

Years
No, it is a comment saying that I am no longer 8, I have personally grown up and personally have no interest in it.

Anyway, that aside, I haven't seen much halloween adverts or much merchandise in shops this year.
Normally it is plastered around every shop, at least a month or two before.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've seen some Christmas decorations in stores already...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Bob's Burgers and Gravity Falls aired their Halloween episodes a few days ago... that's probably the only reason I realised that Halloween was on the horizon.

Years
That doesn't surprise me, as I have also seen some. I am like, CALM DOWN IT ISN'T EVEN DECEMBER YET! XD

I really enjoy Christmas with friends and family in December, but I don't want to know about it before then! XD​

Years
Ugh. Christmas decorations already? Christmas is like the herpes of holidays. It just spreads and spreads, encroaching on other holidays.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That doesn't surprise me, as I have also seen some. I am like, CALM DOWN IT ISN'T EVEN DECEMBER YET! XD

I really enjoy Christmas with friends and family in December, but I don't want to know about it before then! XD​
This and..
Ugh. Christmas decorations already? Christmas is like the herpes of holidays. It just spreads and spreads, encroaching on other holidays.

This.

And Christmas music honestly really grinds on me. I dunno what it is.. but I can't stand it and it makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back