• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Oh. My. God.

Finally, the Kamon sprite in action! I haven't seen it before, it's so sexy. Oh that Pyro. XD

Really nice screens, love them! Love the battle screens especially, great to see it's working properly (Well from what I can see :P) Though, the 2x back sprites look a little... weird XD (well that Frondilo) but oh well, that's RMXP for ya.

And, my, my tiles in use! I haven't seen those in game yet either, I wasn't sure how they looked!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Oh. My. God.

Finally, the Kamon sprite in action! I haven't seen it before, it's so sexy. Oh that Pyro. XD

Really nice screens, love them! Love the battle screens especially, great to see it's working properly (Well from what I can see :P) Though, the 2x back sprites look a little... weird XD (well that Frondilo) but oh well, that's RMXP for ya.

And, my, my tiles in use! I haven't seen those in game yet either, I wasn't sure how they looked!

Yeah, I don't know where this project would be without Pyro xD

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
They're gorgeous :) Fiona's gym is a beauty. And Kamon looks much better these days!

And yeah, that battle system is very functional. Limited animation but it works.

Thanks for the compliments ^^ Wish the update appeared on top of page 25, but oh well XD Bottom of 24 for anyone who missed it.

Years
As said before, these new screenshots look absolutely wonderful. The Kamon sprite does look excellent, too. The smart-lighting is also a nice touch.

One bit of crit, though. The Pokémon trainer's sprite looks quite a bit small. You might want to make her a little bigger.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well Fang, you've done it again. Probably the best update I've seen in a long time!

But one thinkg I don't get is why you don't use the script that makes the game screen half the size, or in other words, not the doubled up size RMXP gives it. Most games have it right now, why not Acanthite?

Edit: Sweet.. I'm in the first post of this thread! Go me! XD

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Having been reliant on our own scripts entirely, that is Baskinein's, I've not heard of this script to half the size..!

Where can I see it?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I actually prefer the look of the 2x anyway :)

Fangking, is there like a progress chart so we can see how close we are to demo stage or game completion stage?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thank you! Very good on the surface ... however, massively incompatible with just about everything in our game file!

Really? Someone called poccil has an even better script that he uses with his Starter Kit. It's probably a lot more accurate than this one, you can also choose which resolution you want. Thing is, I'm not sure it'll be compatible with a different project. Doesn't matter too much anyway, a lot of people seem to like the 2x screen.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Waw, those new screens look amazing. =D I can't compare them to the first demo, but I must say they look very professional. It's also a nice add to let the lights go out. It gives a more 'realistic' feeling to the game. It's great. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Waw, those new screens look amazing. =D I can't compare them to the first demo, but I must say they look very professional. It's also a nice add to let the lights go out. It gives a more 'realistic' feeling to the game. It's great. :D

I'll compare them for you, they kick the first demo's butt

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Fangking Omega I want Download Game
Link in Office web Can`t Download game
Link error date
I hope you upload game and new Download Link

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Fangking Omega I want Download Game
Link in Office web Can`t Download game
Link error date
I hope you upload game and new Download Link

The old beta is almost a completely different game compared to what is about to be released. Please be patient...

- VC

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Whoever created those fakemon are great spriters.
I especially like the 2 last ones Geminine and the daemon thing.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
This is all just AWESOME, this is definately one of the top Pokemon fan games ever, if not the top one. You've been doing a great job recently, and that Kamon sprite just looks great, I can't wait to play the eventual demo. And the smart light system sounds like a great feature. Just an all around great job you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back