• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Questions please help?!

Hello I'm a noob and I have a lot of questions please be understanding and not rude :( (too many people are rude *sighs* )

Ash gray
Lilack
Log
Orange  or orange generation 
Raptor
Flora sky
Light platinum 

1.Are all of these ^ 100% complete? Sorry this may be answered somewhere but some pages do not seem updated...

2.what is the best "orange islands" hack so far? I've seen "Pokemon orange" and "Pokemon orange generation" the first seems to have a lot of bugs but is cool.

3.i have a psp go with game boy advance emulator gpSP Kai, are all of these games able to be put on it?? I ask because I downloaded light platinum and it is a ips file? (I think that's what it's called) 

4.someone on here mentioned that past games such as (r,s,e,fr,lg) have 25 (spaces?) that I can add or w/e new Pokemon to the game? Is that correct? If so how??? (I want a snivy to go with me to past games.(like pikachu to ash)

5.are there any hacks or gba versions made from pearl and diamond? (not sure how to word it... Any way to get pearl or diamond or platinum on gba emu) (I'm aware it's a ds game but wasn't sure if someones made them somehow for gba (dumbed down?) )

Please help me please be specific and understanding I'm a noob and appreciate the help! Thanks :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello I'm a noob and I have a lot of questions please be understanding and not rude :( (too many people are rude *sighs* )

Ash gray
Lilack
Log
Orange  or orange generation 
Raptor
Flora sky
Light platinum 

1.Are all of these ^ 100% complete? Sorry this may be answered somewhere but some pages do not seem updated...
Light Platinum and Flora Sky are.

2.what is the best "orange islands" hack so far? I've seen "Pokemon orange" and "Pokemon orange generation" the first seems to have a lot of bugs but is cool.
AshGray and Liquid Crystal will be.

4.someone on here mentioned that past games such as (r,s,e,fr,lg) have 25 (spaces?) that I can add or w/e new Pokemon to the game? Is that correct? If so how??? (I want a snivy to go with me to past games.(like pikachu to ash)
Insert sprites and edit pokemon data with PEP for example.
I would advise you to check Tutorials section.

5.are there any hacks or gba versions made from pearl and diamond? (not sure how to word it... Any way to get pearl or diamond or platinum on gba emu) (I'm aware it's a ds game but wasn't sure if someones made them somehow for gba (dumbed down?) )
I don't think so... hackers rather hack IV gen games then remake III gen ones with IV gen storyline etc...

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Quote:

Originally Posted by movieguy12

Insert sprites and edit pokemon data with PEP for example.
I would advise you to check Tutorials section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by movieguy12

I don't think so... hackers rather hack IV gen games then remake III gen ones with IV gen storyline etc...

1. can you point in the right direction for what im looking for :)? for adding new pokemon to a rom? thanks ill try looking for any help would be great sorry!

2.so basically gen iv games are only for ds and no way to get them onto a psp go? i havnt found a good ds emu for psp :(.. i just wanted all my pokemon games on one easy portable system. (not a ds fan)

thanks for replying :)

2 things

1.im really not understanding how to add a Pokemon in ruby in the 25 extra slots? I've tried I'm not comprehending :(.

2.i want to basically use a snivy ^ for question 1, but I want to start off with it instead of catching it. If possible. But I also still want one of three starters.

Can you please help I'd be eternally grateful!

Last edited:
Years
2 things

1.im really not understanding how to add a Pokemon in ruby in the 25 extra slots? I've tried I'm not comprehending :(.

2.i want to basically use a snivy ^ for question 1, but I want to start off with it instead of catching it. If possible. But I also still want one of three starters.

Can you please help I'd be eternally grateful!

I don't know how to add Pokemon to the 25 spare slots but I can answer your second question.

If you want to have a Pokemon and still want to select the starter Pokemon, then you will need to use a givepokemon script. If you want a Snivy at the very beginning, then make it a level script.

As for adding pokemon, Refer to the Tutorials and Toolbox sections.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
I need help saving Pokemon Emerald on Visualboy Advance

I just downloaded Visualboy Advance Version 1.7 and I can't save.
The savestates don't work.
the original save works as long as I don't shut of Visualboy advance
Help?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
hello, ok i finally got the snivy sprite to look correct using advance pokemon sprite editor. i used yape to make all the stats and moves...

now what im wanting to do is basically have my snivy at the beginning of the game before i choose one of the starters.( i do not want him to be a starter i want him already, it will be as if i traveled from unova to rubys region.) so now what do i do? :) thanks!!!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
hello, ok i finally got the snivy sprite to look correct using advance pokemon sprite editor. i used yape to make all the stats and moves...

now what im wanting to do is basically have my snivy at the beginning of the game before i choose one of the starters.( i do not want him to be a starter i want him already, it will be as if i traveled from unova to rubys region.) so now what do i do? :) thanks!!!

You're going to have to learn how to script if you want to receive your Snivy before the other starters. Scripting can be described as how you make events happen, such as people talking or making an earthquake happen when you step on a tile. You could make a very simple script in XSE like the one below (You have to put in Snivy's HEX number though), make a new person in Advance Map and then attach the script's offset to them to get it.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x100
if 0x1 goto @GotSnivy
msgbox @talk 0x2
givepokemon 0x[Snivy's HEX number] 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x100
release
end

#org @GotSnivy
msgbox @got 0x2
release
end

#org @talk
= Here have a Snivy.

#org @got
= How are you treating Snivy?

If you want to learn more about scripting and what you can do with it, check out this thread.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Okay, I know that people most likely came her for Pokemon Rom's, but has anyone heard of Boktai? It's a great game, but the game cartridge needs to be played in sunlight. On an emulator, that's kinda hard. Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?

Years

You can make a level script so you have him the minute you start playing. A level script is the same as a normal script except it will activate as soon as you enter a room, town etc. If you don't know how to make a level script, search for Cooleys guide in the tutorial section. Or mineif its been approved. I would type one up now, but I'm on my phone =/

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013

You can make a level script so you have him the minute you start playing. A level script is the same as a normal script except it will activate as soon as you enter a room, town etc. If you don't know how to make a level script, search for Cooleys guide in the tutorial section. Or mineif its been approved. I would type one up now, but I'm on my phone =/

Hey there I PMd you :). Thanks!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
i really do not know if this is the correct spot or not ive had someone tell me the last place i posted this was not in the right spot so please if this isnt the correct spot please dont freak out and want to murder me....

ok now i have a rom ok pokemon ruby (gen 3 game), i am hacking ruby and adding a snivy (gen 5 pokemon) i was wanting to know what moves in ruby would make him decently strong? i do not plan to let him evolve i just want him to be a strong starter and to last me though the game but to be able to hold his own..

again if this is not the correct spot please divert me to the correct place, please dont get all mad and want to throw me into a volcano. thank you.

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
This question is for hacking... I havent seen a tut on this... How do you change battles... such as pokemon within, the trainer sprite (not just the sprite editing with the UNLZ program)... words said... adding special moves to the pokemon... if you cant answer ALL of them... just answer the first one... the pokemon within a battle

Thanks, (Hope this isnt in the wrong thread)
Peetzaahhh

i really do not know if this is the correct spot or not ive had someone tell me the last place i posted this was not in the right spot so please if this isnt the correct spot please dont freak out and want to murder me....

ok now i have a rom ok pokemon ruby (gen 3 game), i am hacking ruby and adding a snivy (gen 5 pokemon) i was wanting to know what moves in ruby would make him decently strong? i do not plan to let him evolve i just want him to be a strong starter and to last me though the game but to be able to hold his own..

again if this is not the correct spot please divert me to the correct place, please dont get all mad and want to throw me into a volcano. thank you.

I'm new too... but to be honest, give it its B/W moveset or its evolutions movesets.... for new moves put different moves with basically same thing and same type.... or use move editors such as A-Tack to change the names of moves nd its efect.... so u can edit Pay Day (random!) change its PP, damage, accuracy, type, etc over payday and its name and save! hope I helped O.o

Here is the Snivy moveset with level and notes!

START Tackle
4 Leer
7 Vine Whip
10 Wrap
13 Growth
16 Leaf Tornado (NOW HERE EITHER EDIT A CURRENT MOVE WITH LEAF TORNADO'S INFO or CHOOSE ANOTHER GRASS-TYPE MOVE WITH ABOUT 65-70 POWER)
19 Leech Seed
22 Mega Drain
25 Slam
28 Leaf Blade
31 Coil (just get a move that ONLY increases Attack, Defense, Accuracy [by one stage] or 2 of the 3 or just one of the three.... if u want to edit it just put name, NO DAMAGE, and make it poison with a PP of 20)
34 Giga Drain
37 Wring Out (Got nothing for u here... sorry)
40 Gastro Acid (again got nothing... unless u can find a move that cancels ability... and make it poison for fun and change name xD)
43 Leaf Storm (a grass move with: PP:5|Power:140|Accuracy:90% or just a strong grass move with 5 PP)

hope it helped... if not sorry

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does anyone know the offset of the table containing the attack animations in Ruby, FireRed, or Emerald? Any one of the three will do.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
1. Can you apply two/three ips/patchs to one rom?
2. Where do you find good tiles?
3. What is the size (in pixels) of a region map in Pokemon Fr/Lg?

Last edited:

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
1. Can you apply two/three ips/patchs to one rom?
2. Where do you find good tiles?
3. What is the size (in pixels) of a region map in Pokemon Fr/Lg?

1. No... because then the rom is changed and unless ips is made for that patched rom, no. It needs a clean FireRed/Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/LeafGreen, etc O.o
2. ... beats me
3. umm... i think it would be size of emulator? there is a tut on it

a tut on add map in Ruby.... there it says pixelated size!

hope i helped

Years
Chrome OS Emulator

Hey guys, I'm new here so feel free to direct me to the proper thread. I received a Samsung Chromebook over the holidays. If you're familiar with Chrome OS, you would know that it is unable to run .exe files. Therefore, I cannot download and run a GBA emulator for my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good emulator available online. Obviously, I want one in which I can play Pokemon, preferably FireRed.

Last edited:

Mdash2011

2ndGenPlaya
Years
Hey everyone. I asked my following question in the wrong part of the forums before and have been directed to here, so if I'm in the wrong place, -IT WASN'T ME- xD

I'm just wondering if I can play Pearl, Diamond, Platinum etc. games on my Gameboid emulator for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. I haven't played any game from this gen yet and would love to give them a blast to see what they are like. If I can't use them on my current emulator, what emulator would be needed for me to use them?
Thanks for your help in advance :)

Years
Hey everyone. I asked my following question in the wrong part of the forums before and have been directed to here, so if I'm in the wrong place, -IT WASN'T ME- xD

I'm just wondering if I can play Pearl, Diamond, Platinum etc. games on my Gameboid emulator for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro. I haven't played any game from this gen yet and would love to give them a blast to see what they are like. If I can't use them on my current emulator, what emulator would be needed for me to use them?
Thanks for your help in advance :)

Gamboid is a Game Boy Advance emulator.
It will not run any DS games on it what so ever.

There are also no mobile version of a DS emulator as the dual screen is a massive issue for any phone to emulate.
I doubt there will be any mobile DS emulator's in the near future.

Pingouin_7

This is a Linux-based distro, but I'm not 100% sure it can do anything else other than browse the web and manage files.

Years
Visual Boy Advance.
This is a Linux-based distro, but I'm not 100% sure it can do anything else other than browse the web and manage files.

I tried to download the Linux version from the VBA site, but I still was unable to run it. I guess what I'm looking for is a completely online emulator, not anything to download.Thanks anyway

Back