• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

GMed by Greiger and Co-GMed by the fabulous Sir Bastian

Setting:

Five hundred years have passed since humans have walked the earth. Pokemon rose up as the leaders of the world and at first they sought to create their own unique world. They turned away from the machines that human kind had embraced and created their own communities. By uniting together towns and cities were created in the new world and the pokemon rejoiced. As the years passed human kind was forgotten and their cities remained forgotten in the deepest parts of the world.

It was three hundred years after what had been referred to as 'The Union' when a lone Zigzagoon got lost in a forest. After wandering around he eventually found the ruins of a human city. Eager to have shelter the Zigzagoon went inside and spent three days exploring the area. Inside the ruins he found special rooms that had managed to preserve what had been outlawed for centuries, machines. The chambers had kept all of the machines inside in perfect condition and the pokemon's curiosity got the better of him and he eagerly spent the days learning how to use each and every machine.

The Zigzagoon managed to find his way of the forest thanks to a compass and eagerly showed the inventions to the other townsfolk. The news eventually reached the ears of the Council of Five, a council made up of old, wise pokemon that made sure that the land abided by their laws. Greatly concerned by the discovery the Council sent a group of knights to destroy the ruins and the machines to discourage the citizens from learning about the technology. The Zigzagoon fled with the few machines he could save. One of these was a locater that was able to point him to similar enclaves strewn throughout the land. Using his wits the Zigzagoon found more machines and remnants from human culture that could help the world as well as destroy it. He soon worked up the courage to spread a message across the land. He wanted to learn how to use the machines to help the world thrive. He wanted others to come and aid him and bring change to the world. Despite the Council's attempts to stop him he gained followers and created a new order, The Mechanists.

Ever since that day the feud between both sides has continued to build for the past two hundred years. The Mechanists now live in the enclaves that they have found throughout the land while the majority of pokemon live in the cities under the protection of the Knights of the Oran, a group of powerful pokemon completely loyal to the Council.

*Note: Every pokemon who lives in the Council lands knows about the Council and the Mechanists. It can be as little knowledge that the two groups exist to knowing detailed information about them. Most pokemon do know who the Council members are so please bear that in mind when you write your history.

Plot

The Mechanists have longed for freedom from the Council and wish to declare themselves a separate country. They've even drafted and finalized a Constitution for their new country. That dream is far from reality as anytime their people step out of the enclaves they are killed or taken by the Knights. The leadership of the Declarum Forces is now ready to step up and continue the next step in a plan that has been ten years in the making. To fulfill their plan they have gathered many soldiers in the Birch Enclave to see if they have what it takes to change history for the better.

The Council wants to see The Mechanists destroyed since the Council has come to the conclusion that the technology has corrupted their minds. The Knights have current orders to hunt down any suspected Mechanist and to arrest them on sight. The Knights are allowed to kill them if they try to flee. Thanks to the interrogation of a captured Mechanist the Council has learned of one enclave's location and has ordered a group of knights to come to Markus to receive their orders.

History is written by the victor. Will The Mechanists gain their freedom, or will the Council silence their rebellion? Only you can decide that.

Players can choose to play as one of two factions.
Spoiler:

Jobs
Spoiler:

Map
Spoiler:

Important Pokemon
Spoiler:

Important Places
Spoiler:

Rules

• I am the GM of this role play; that means my word is law. If you have any disputes with my decisions, please send me a PM.
• There will be no god modding allowed on any level. If you god mod I will inform you. If you continue to god mod in spite of my warnings then I will dismiss you from the roleplay.
• Bunnying will only be allowed if you have cleared it with another player. If you do clear it please send me a PM or VM to notify me so I don't call out the other player. If you do bunny someone without permission I will notify you. If you continually bunny the other players in spite of my warnings then I will dismiss you from the roleplay.
• Players are expected to post at least once every week. If you have some external circumstance that will prevent you from doing this please PM me. I want to make sure that this RP flows smoothly for all players.
• This RP is rated Teen. That means that while there will be blood and gore you won't be able to go into too much detail. For those seeking romance there will be nothing beyond kissing. Cussing will be allowed (after all what will a guy say if his leg breaks during battle? Fudge?), but don't layer your posts with them!
• Don't harass or be mean to other players. If I see that kind of behavior on the OOC thread then I will dictate a strike to the instigator. Three strikes and you're out!
• Players can create characters on both sides of the conflict.

SU format

Name (Self-explanatory.):

Age (For Knights the age range can be from 15 to 35. For Mechanists the age range can be from 18 to 55):

Gender (Self-explanatory.):

Pokemon Species (What are you?):

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists (For Mechanist players.):

Job Title:

Appearance (One paragraph required. Make sure to include your weapons/armor for this section.):

Personality (Two paragraphs.):

History (From childhood to where you are now.):

Moveset (Only four moves. Mechanists can use TM and HM moves.):

Accepted Players
Spoiler:

No more reservations, just put up your RU instead.

SU List!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@miltankRancher 1 reservation coming up.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
"and Co-GMed by the fabulous Sir Bastian"

Geez, put up peoples' expectations a little more, why don'tcha XD I'm glad we've already got interest in this! Me and Greig are really hoping this'll kick off. Do be a bit lenient on me though, as it's my first time GM'ing or Co-GM'ing anything at all :x

Hope to see some great SU's from you guys, which I'm sure they will be!

P.S. Caedmon's SU is coming up as soon as I've made it! I feel I should put a little extra effort into this one.

Last edited:

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
I'd be interested in joining. Reserving a spot on the Mechanists sound good?
Thinking over a few character ideas, an wondering if Cinnabar has an enclave which could produce fossil pokemon?

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Discordant Harmony You're reserved. As of right now there are no fossil pokemon in existence. While the Mechanists have found the machinery to restore fossil pokemon and have it up and running they have yet to find any fossils to restore.

Also, make sure to double check the map. None of the enclaves are named after Cinnabar, but all in all a good question to ask.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Sorry, map won't load on my iPod. I'll check it and write up my SU when I get to a real computer.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm sorry DH, but I just can't call you by neither DH, Discordant or Harmony. Thanks to that avatar of yours, I will from now on refer to you as Brock :I You brought this on yourself.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, at a normal computer and the map still doesn't seem to show up. Does it work for everyone else?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Works fine for me. Might be your web browser? I'm using Chrome and it seems to be working properly.

Black Hawk

Char
Years
I wish to join. (lol)
Name: Tarra
Age 18
Pokemon Species: Mightyhina
Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists: Entrenched Machanist
Job Title: Declarum Forces soldier
Appearance: Tarra's fur is darker than most mightyhina's. Her body is large, (NOT fat) and muscular. Her long tail plumes out from her behind. Her armor is black, and quite shiney. She wears a helmet that covers her ears, and the visor is uneqely detailed. Metal gloves/ shoes cover up to her ankles. Her toes are sticking out, with the dagger-like claws. Tarra's torso is covered with normal body armor. She wears a bag slung over her shoulder. It does not get in the way when she runs. Her eyes are green/blue, and one is blind.
Personality: Tarra's mysterious fighting has to do with her past. Her past was filled with sorrow and bloodshed. This causes her personality today. She is brave, and strong. She always tussled with her two older brothers. That also is the cause of her being so competitive. Six of her friends died early in her childhood. That couses her to be over protective, sassy and (sometimes) mean. Six years of pain taught her to feel nothing. She is a good fighter, as well as a friend. She is kind, sweet, and loving. Her strong personality can be frightening, but she is a good ally.

Six years of hard training has made her as hard as stone. She seems to have no feelings, but she only cares for those she loves. In trouble? no problem. Her instinct is to help. She once dove of a bridge to save a pokemon.
Once her mother died, she was hard as stone. She was forever changed, forever stong. She had lots of hope, but no trust. Her hard heart did break when her older brother disappeared, she wept and started running. Her running helped to run off steam. She can run so fast. Her legs are thick with muscles. After a fight, she had one eye blinded. That too, sent her running.
History: Tarra wasd born in a small forest. She lived there untill her mother died. Her older brothers joined the army. She too, tried. But everytime they rejected her. Angry with her brothers, the army, and just about everything else, she ran. She trained. She even atarted to learn how to fight. Once she retuned to her father, he was so proud. He taught her all his skills.

Once her brothers left, she started to train. She trained for many days. After a while, she began to run. Her legs were a blur as she glided over the landscape. With long strides, she plowed through the forest. Dodging trees wasn't too hard, but once in a while, she was slapped by a branch. She came across the battle, and fought against the army. She was blinded in one eye that day, and never trusted anyone completely.
Moveset: Bite, Scratch, and Shadow ball

Last edited:

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
I tried both Firefox and Safari, but neither shows the map when I open the spoiler. Can you open the image in a separate window and link me the url?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Discordant Harmony For the maps it might be your browser. When I first joined I was still using IE and sometimes images just wouldn't pop up. I switched to chrome and everything worked properly. IE tends to have more problems than other web browsers so just hop onto a different browser and see if that makes any difference.

@Black Hawk Here's three things you need to do.

1) Edit your post and space out everything accordingly so that I can have an easier time reading it.

2) Expand on your personality and history. Your appearance is fine from what I can tell, although it is hard to read over since everything is clumped together. I am expecting a much longer personality and history so please look over yours again and see if you can add anything to it. If you need help expanding you can always ask your fellow RPers for help or even me for ideas.

3) Take your time! This RP isn't going anywhere and as you noticed we don't have a limit on the amount of players we can have. There's no need to quickly write down whatever ideas you have at the time. You can spend a day or two working up a concept for a character you want to enjoy playing as. Right now your character needs to have more depth and be something you are proud of.

After you edit your SU tell me and I can give it another look over, so for right now I'll reserve you.

Edit: @Discordant Harmony Yeah, I can send you the link.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Map.jpg

Did that work?

Also, Hawk? I love that you've already made an SU, but you kind of need to add some full stops to make it... you know, a little readable xP Just hit enter here and there to make some more spaces between the lines, please!

EDIT: Damnit Greiger, you're too fast for me :(

Back