• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inferna's newer thread of arts and things

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Hello Pokecommunity!
Long time no post :3

I had a thread here a while back but it died and I would've ended up quadruple posting ha.

It's been a sloooow few months for me so I don't have that much but hopefully i'll pick things up again. I stopped drawing solidly in March and before that I managed a picture every few weeks. I had horrible art block amongst other things so didn't really feel like drawing much. I've started to draw more again so I'll show some of my stuff from March onward.

I mainly use sai to draw. I've had a tablet since around 2011 and started drawing digitally then but I've been drawing traditionally for much much longer! My anatomy can be a little sloppy in places but I'm most interested in colouring and shading and that's where most of my emphasis goes. Over the past year I've tried to change my colouring technique and have tried to create nicer backgrounds.

I do art as a subject and after the summer I'll be studying a Visual Communications course which should be fun c:

onto the art~~

Older stuff here:
Summary 2012
Spoiler:

Hypno - Dec 2012
Spoiler:

Sawsbuck - September 2012
Spoiler:

Golduck and Sharpedo - August 2012
Spoiler:

Rhydon and Camerupt - August 2012
Spoiler:

Mandibuzz and Vullaby July 2012
Spoiler:

~
rar steelix:
steelix_by_extrasupervery-d5v8zon.png

I wanted to work on backgrounds and my colouring a little more here after reading some great tutorials!
she_s_coming_home_by_extrasupervery-d6542px.png

This was my first drawing in a while since the Pidgey one. The lines are a little sloppy but eh
noivern_by_extrasupervery-d69aaty.png

annd I just finished this one today! I was originally just going to have Pancham in it but as luck would have it Pangoro was announced and I just had to include him. Worked on backgrounds again here.
not_heroic_but_i_try_by_extrasupervery-d6daulf.png

That's it just now :3 i thrive on crits and stuff so it's very very welcome!
Hopefully this thread will inspire me to become more active here again ha.

Last edited:

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Very interesting -- I've never seen an art style quite like that. I can't wait to see more!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Your art is lovely (you've improved exponentially) and I'll write up a nice critique for you later, but please keep in mind that you must have at least four pieces to open a gallery, okay? :) Please post one more soon so I don't close this awesome thread!

Inferna

Years
Your art is lovely (you've improved exponentially) and I'll write up a nice critique for you later, but please keep in mind that you must have at least four pieces to open a gallery, okay? :) Please post one more soon so I don't close this awesome thread!

aha thank you! I've tidied up the first post and added in some older art :3

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your artwork is very nice. you have a particular style which anyone would be able to recognize your artwork. my favorite piece of artwork is the one of steelix. the shading on him and how it looks like he is shining is amazing. some of your lines are a little shakey. i would definitely reference the steelix one and make your artwork look more glossy like that one.
better drawings than i could ever do! keep posting!

Inferna

Years
^ Thank you :3

sorry for the lack of art guys! I've pretty much just started up at college again in the past few weeks and got a new laptop. Luckily Sai and my bamboo both work perfectly on it so expect some art up in the next week or two~

Inferna

Years
Long time no post~

I've been playing EOS lately to get myself excited about Pokemon again so I drew this:
master_and_igglybuff_by_extrasupervery-d6px2lg.png

worked on my bg and colours here. Hope you like it.

Inferna

Years
sorry for spamming haha but the art community here is lovely :3
anyways a little late posting it here but here is a Halloween picture:
happy_halloween__by_extrasupervery-d6rmqy4.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I love your style of painting, but I do have a suggestion.

On your piece of Pangoro, there is a bit of green that somehow blended into it's arm. I recommend doing different sections of coloring on different layers. I also recommend thickening your brush size by one, then press lightly as the line starts, harder in the middle, then lighter again as the line stops. It helped me a lot when starting up my digital work when I noticed I had slightly shaky lines.

Inferna

Years
I love your style of painting, but I do have a suggestion.

On your piece of Pangoro, there is a bit of green that somehow blended into it's arm. I recommend doing different sections of coloring on different layers. I also recommend thickening your brush size by one, then press lightly as the line starts, harder in the middle, then lighter again as the line stops. It helped me a lot when starting up my digital work when I noticed I had slightly shaky lines.

Thank you :3
i still use the stabilizer a lot in sai, so I'll try using your method too. I usually do all my colours on different layers, i must've blended the bg in a little to much there!

did this quickly today for a request on another forum:
scrafty_vs_tyranitar_by_extrasupervery-d6u0mzt.png

it's a little messy but i was trying to not make it as clean i guess? i need to stop drawing so much pokemon stuff, i'm feeling in a little bit of a rut rn :|

Inferna

Years
wow update!

gonna spoiler it cause they're all pretty big.

Link and Irene
Spoiler:

A Request for Merak
Spoiler:

Noivern and Pumpkaboo
Spoiler:

the 3rd picture was actually my first pokemon picture of the year, been trying to draw humans a little more.

Anyway I hope you like it, c&c is muchly appreciated~

Inferna

Years
^ Thank you c:

here's something i did today as a bit of a warm up:
Spoiler:

Back