• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Looks like Kallen from Code Geass. You're not the first person to notice the likeness between her and Akiza.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Haha, that signature reminds me that I need to catch up on Kyouger. Such a fun way to open up this year's Sentai.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Jorge Mario Bergoglio be pope now.

Great job picking a person who has has ideals the same as those of the dark ages.

His own words, gays are demons and those seeking rights for them are serving the Devil.

So, to celebrate the election of a new Pope I have for you all, a joke.

A priest, a rapist, and a pedophle walks into a bar...

And he orders a drink.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Haha, that signature reminds me that I need to catch up on Kyouger. Such a fun way to open up this year's Sentai.

Oh hey, you watch Sentai too? Cool. I just rewatched the first few episodes on Monday since they make up a nice little arc. I've been having a ton of fun with the show.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah I've been watching it since Goseiger, and I've been trying to at least get the differences between the Power Ranger versions and the Sentai stuff. Its been an awesome ride so far. I seriously want to import the Go-Busters mechas, simply because of how convoluted the process is to transform them. And not to mention, the result is simply amazing, and one of the best mecha designs as of late.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yeah I've been watching it since Goseiger, and I've been trying to at least get the differences between the Power Ranger versions and the Sentai stuff. Its been an awesome ride so far. I seriously want to import the Go-Busters mechas, simply because of how convoluted the process is to transform them. And not to mention, the result is simply amazing, and one of the best mecha designs as of late.
That's pretty awesome. I've been watching since somewhere around the run of Magiranger. I've wanted to get a few of the different Go-Busters related things out there for some time now, just to have a piece of the show. The entire story behind that show and its ratings failure and just all the executive messing that went on with it gives it a very weird place in my heart.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah go-busters is a pretty sad story. I actually liked what it offered, despite what people say about it. Something tells me thought that Go-Busters direction was probably what led to Kyouger being a bit more light-hearted, especially with the designs. It could turn out to be great, yet something about it feels much more Childish. I think its the one shoulder pad and mecha design.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
In 7 years, I'll be like you. Working in a gaming company will never tire me.

Excellent -- good luck with your field!

Mac, who's that perosn on your sig? She looks like one of the characthers from 5D's.

See below -- Kallen from Code Geass <3 She's just wonderful.

Looks like Kallen from Code Geass. You're not the first person to notice the likeness between her and Akiza.

Never seen the other show. :( I'm just recently getting into anime, though, so I haven't seen much actually.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yeah go-busters is a pretty sad story. I actually liked what it offered, despite what people say about it. Something tells me thought that Go-Busters direction was probably what led to Kyouger being a bit more light-hearted, especially with the designs. It could turn out to be great, yet something about it feels much more Childish. I think its the one shoulder pad and mecha design.
I liked Go-Busters, for the most part. There are just those elements of the show where you can tell that someone was sticking their hand into the pot and stirring it around to create something that wasn't intended to happen. (like Hiromu's change in character or just...the way Messiah was dealt with) Though that ending was all sorts of sad, I really liked how they did the effects on that scene where the team sorta just plops down on the floor and accepts that they're not going to be able to get out alive.

And yeah, the negative reaction to Go-Busters was definitely what lead to Kyoryuger being...Kyoryuger. And it's difficult to figure out where it's going since so much of the staff is untested with Sentai, new writer, new producer. I love the show so far though, it's very upbeat and genuine in what it does and it seems ambitious. For all of the dancing-samba-crazy qualities, the show's core is accented by a pretty dramatic story. The designs are...yeah, they're stupid bright and colorful, but I think it's cool to have that every now and then. I wasn't so hot on them at first but I've come to love the suits quite a lot. (I guess because I really like the action this year)

Never seen the other show. I'm just recently getting into anime, though, so I haven't seen much actually.
It's Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. She looks like Kallen's twin, it's weird.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Ah 5D's how I miss you so. I would take it any day over the spaz fest that is Zexal.

Edit: I will have to say though, I can't wait to see the other Kyouger, something tells me this is gonna have some great Mecha combos like Gaoranger. GaoIcarus was, and still is the best mecha. Well maybe except for Mega Voyager. That thing is imbedded into my mind thanks to the Lost in Space counterpart.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I also seriously hate that they took the concept of the XYZ cards and built an entire series around it. Sure I liked it as a one off, and the V W additions were awesome, but an entire series? God no. I know its not like the fusion monster, but come on it might as well be. Also the stupidities that ensued are hilarious, like the relabelling and design change of the iconic cards. Legendary Dragon of White? Legendary Magician of Dark? Magi Magi Magician Girl? Really, REALLY?! FFS those are Dark Magician Girl, Dark Magician and good ol' Blue Eyes retconned.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They renamed the cards...? Why would they do that :C

And I think it's because XYZs are very easy to summon now, maybe that's why they have a crap ton of it?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
They renamed them and shat over the designs.
LegendaryDragonofWhite-2012-EN-UR-UE.jpg
LegendaryMagicianofDark-2012-EN-UR-UE.jpg

Special edition cards that can't be used, but still the freaking move of doing so is ridiculous.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They could have been a little more creative with the designs and the names...

And those cards totally reminds me of Victory Dragon, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back