• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Font?

Years
Hey guys! This is a random question to all you writers out there:
What font do you guys uuse when you write your stories?
What font do you think professinoal writers use?

Ans1: Usually Verdana
Ans2: IDK!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Oddly enough, we're talking about this in the Writer's Lounge. XD

For the first answer, twelve-point, Times New Roman. This is the default on my word processor and the standard for writing papers at my school anyway.

For the second, according to Writer's Market (the Bible for all aspiring writers), the standard is that you submit your transcripts in Times New Roman or another "professional" font (i.e., no italics or flowery fonts like Monotype Corsiva). The publisher can then decide how your book is best presented, but it's vital that you send it to them in a way that's easy to read for them and that shows that you're serious.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Depends. I use Times new roman for one.

I like using Berlin Sans or Papyrus for stories with a kinda informal, adventurey, scrapbook feel. For the story I have that's sorta sci-fi-ish, I use the font used in MS-DOS. That's all I remember.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Usually Times New Roman, I want to be published eventually, so it's a good idea to form good habits.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
11pt Arial, just cos Arial's nice. And yeah, if you have a minor question like this, it'd be easier on us - and you - just to post in the FFL. We don't bite much. Well yes we do actually, so just come hang wiv us, y'all!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
Helvetica is the default font in my word processor, which is quite pleasant as Sans-Serif fonts go.

The font I have to use at work is Arial, and the font I use for my NVQ coursework is Times New Roman, because I think it looks nice and easy to read.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
I use the default, and depending on what the writing is for, and how my eyes are that particular day, the font could change from 10 to 14.

As for professionals, they used a clear font that isn't all squiggly.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I use Tahoma Size 12, the Pokécommunity default.

I used it because before I had WYSIWYG editing and it would somehow come out half in Verdana and half in Tahoma so it looked strange. 8D

Now I just love Tahoma 12 - I use it for EVERYTHING. I've set it as OpenOffice default text.

Last edited:
Years
I use Comic Sans for my school essasys. It's bigger than Times New Roman so it looks like I wrote more than I actually did. =P As for personal writing I use Calibri 12 (default) for my word processor.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 12, 2011
Ten-point Verdana for me. :D

It bothers me to type in serif fonts for some reason. >__> I also love the way Trebuchet looks; and Tahoma works nicely, too.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
I use a free font that I downloaded called Essays1743 in 16pt.
For my school files, I normally use fonts that are on Windows by default.
My teachers don't generally have Essays1743. XD

- Pich_u

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
Honestly, if I don't use Calibri point 10, I will mental explode. Seriously. I wanted to rework on a fan fiction I did long ago and I couldn't do it because it was in Times New Roman and 12 font. I just don't know.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I always use size 8 Georgia. I don't know why. XD Georgia is my favorite font, but I have no idea why I started writing my stories in size 8. =/​

Back