• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Here is a fancy idea!Since the game is most likely to be in france we might have a gargoyle pokemon!What do you think?

Well I feel like we have had stuff along those lines before, with Crimgan um, I mean Druddigon having a design like that somewhat? Or at least iirc there was one of those already, maybe I imagined it. If not, seems suitable for this generation!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea cool, I was gonna give Druddigon a shoutout as well for potential gargoyle pokemon! His ability being rough skin and his design overall implies ruggedness. It'd be cool to see more gargoyles though

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Speaking of Druggigon, the linkage of gargoyles to France suggests this will be either its habitat (which brings questions where the few in Unova come from, but hey, we have a Riolu habitat in B/W/B2/W2) or it will be home to a legendary Pokémon that resembles a gargoyle. Mark one of those two things as likely.

Of course, I'm not on the inside...

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Perhaps Unova and this region (which I feel is likely to begin with the letter A, G or R for some reason) are linked through a special... device. idk, or maybe parts of Unova was just inspired by this region and Crimgan had a tough life in this region and some of them migrated to Unova for peace and calm idk.

Years
Hmm. Druddigons immigrating to Unova? There are lots of parallels to the real world there, like Europeans coming to the New World and building cities and such that resembled their old lives.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm. Druddigons immigrating to Unova? There are lots of parallels to the real world there, like Europeans coming to the New World and building cities and such that resembled their old lives.
There you go! You brought up something I didn't consider myself there! The ones in Unova were either on Victory Road or in Dragonspiral Tower; they don't have an actual habitat. I think a pre-evo to Druggidon can have a habitat in X/Y.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Mightyena is a Hyena not a wolf.
Anyways it would be nice to see some connection to Unova. Perhaps Victini came from here seeing how France built the statue of liberty which in Poké world I guess would be the liberty light house Victini was kept under. Thus post game we could get Victini...interestingly Victini has Vi in it's name aka 6 like how the V it did sign meant both peace and 5.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh I would love for there to be another Victini event, mainly because all my other Victini I got from the past event had bad natures so I want a new Victini with a good nature. ;_; But that relating too makes sense really.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ooh I would love for there to be another Victini event, mainly because all my other Victini I got from the past event had bad natures so I want a new Victini with a good nature. ;_; But that relating too makes sense really.

Not to mention you traded me one and never got it back (and you never will).

What about a sea urchin Pokémon, has that been done?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Not to mention you traded me one and never got it back (and you never will).

What about a sea urchin Pokémon, has that been done?
Qwilfish is probably the closest thing we have to a sea urchin, but as we all know, he's actually based off of the blow up fish. Now that you mention it, however, I could see a sea urchin Pokémon being sort of like a pre-evolution to Qwilfish. While at the same time it can also get an evolution to complete its entire line and make him more useful to those who wish to use it.

blue

gucci
Years
Same goes for Ariados, I really like these two but with a BST of 390 it makes them difficult to use. I'm hoping they can give them a few good moves and maybe even increase their BST to above 400.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm only kind of doubting that would happen because there's a vastly superior spider in Galvantula already, so it wouldn't be necessary to boost up Ariados when you already have something immensely better anyway. u__u

As much as I like Ariados, I think it's own typing faults it from really reaching it's true potential, whether it has higher BSTs or not.
I disagree, actually. That's more or less saying, "Why try and improve on the old Pokémon when we can make stronger carbon copies of them instead? Yaaaaay!" Other than being both spiders and part Bug-types, Ariados and Galvantula don't really share that much in common. To say Ariados wouldn't [or shouldn't] receive some sort of upgrade, boost in stats or otherwise, because Galvantula is far superior is incorrect.

Whereas Galvantula may have a higher boost in Sp. Attack and Speed, Ariados outmatches it in its physical attack power. It's nice to have a choice of two Spider Pokémon where one is a physical hitter and the other a special hitter. Unfortunately, Ariados' other stats, specifically its speed, is very lacking and may hinder players from wanting to use it. All Ariados really needs is an evolution so it could at least be on par with its electrical comrade. It's equipped with a pretty decent movepool already.

Don't even get me started on Ledian. Poor bug has practically neglected since its creation. ):

Years
In order to make up for the B/W powercreep, they should make a ton of evolutions for previous Gen (I-IV) Pokemon like they did for DPPT >:D

Make Ariados into a Shelob-looking thing from the Lord of the Rings with insane stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back