• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
They've just recently unveiled a New Super Mario Bros/New Super Luigi U bundle that I believe is already out now in North America - definitely a better value than the Nintendo Land bundle, since Nintendo Land can be found pretty cheaply on its own. The only other thing that Wii U is getting before the holidays, really, is Super Mario 3D World...and I can't realistically see that getting bundled.

Years
Oh yes, oh yes! That is pretty much the perfect bundle, thanks for the info, Geoff! If there was one game I could choose to be bundled, it would be one of those two. Super Mario 3D World does look promising in quite a few aspects, I'll probably be taking a look at buying that as soon as I can.

Anyway, since I am almost definitely gonna get that bundle during the holidays, are there any recommended Wii U games that aren't too pricey?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh yes, oh yes! That is pretty much the perfect bundle, thanks for the info, Geoff! If there was one game I could choose to be bundled, it would be one of those two. Super Mario 3D World does look promising in quite a few aspects, I'll probably be taking a look at buying that as soon as I can.

Anyway, since I am almost definitely gonna get that bundle during the holidays, are there any recommended Wii U games that aren't too pricey?
I don't imagine any of the best Wii U games getting cheap sooner, particularly Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. EDIT: Pikmin 3 dropped apparently. 30 pounds new on Amazon. WORTH IT.
The only exception is The Wonderful 101, which is a pretty hard game and will take a lot of time to get used to if you're not familiar with action or traditional fighting games. I'd have said Lego City Undercover since it's a surprisingly fantastic open world game, but apparently the price hasn't dropped much since March...Sonic Lost World will probably end up cheap, but that game is only decent. Although, Nintendo Land is arguably the best couch game ever so if you got friends willing to play then by all means, pick it up. (It's pretty great solo too, an underrated gem.)
You might wanna pick up some Virtual Console games. Earthbound is a pretty big one since the Wii U is the only way us Europeans get to play it lol. Too bad you missed the promotion for games like Super Metroid, F-Zero and Punch Out, but they're still worth it. Can't speak for e-shop games since the only one I want is Toki Tori 2.

You'll get the two best games of the system anyway with that bundle. Fortunately for you, they're very different.

Last edited:
Years
I'll be sure to have a look at some of those games as we get closer to the holiday, I imagine quite a few will go on sale. Pikmin 3, Earthbound and The Wonderful 101 are games I'll definitely be looking out for.

Boy, I miss Wii'ing...

TY

My sister used to have a Wii, but then she sold it for random reasons to buy something stupid i guess. It was a shame since i was starting to like it pretty much.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
My sister used to have a Wii, but then she sold it for random reasons to buy something stupid i guess. It was a shame since i was starting to like it pretty much.

Yeah, a lot of my friends have sold their Wii. I'm glad that I haven't sold mine, even when I buy the WiiU I probably won't sell mine. I still enjoy playing games like SSBB, MkWii and LoZ on it. :p

TY

I used to play lots of games that i cannot remember now anymore, including Super Smash. Its frustrating that i cannot play them anymore but alas... she now has something stupid xD

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Even ignoring the excellent high profile releases, the Wii had an abundance of fantastic underrated gems like Little King's Story (one of the best RTS ever. Probably my favorite.) and Zack and Wiki. (Amazing puzzle game.)

Too bad no one bought them. :( The Wii is my favorite console because of all the obscure games that no one know about.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I remember I bought Super Smash Bros. Melee and Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 for my Wii. I had a great month of adventures that time. :)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Super Smash Bros Melee is a Gamecube game.

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Even ignoring the excellent high profile releases, the Wii had an abundance of fantastic underrated gems like Little King's Story (one of the best RTS ever. Probably my favorite.) and Zack and Wiki. (Amazing puzzle game.)

Too bad no one bought them. :( The Wii is my favorite console because of all the obscure games that no one know about.
I know how you feel. At first, my Wii collected dust...but once I started to explore the library (via piracy, at the time), I was astounded by the sheer amount of unappreciated titles that it had to offers. As far as the seventh generation home consoles are concerned, the Wii easily won the seventh generation for me.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I know how you feel. At first, my Wii collected dust...but once I started to explore the library (via piracy, at the time), I was astounded by the sheer amount of unappreciated titles that it had to offers. As far as the seventh generation home consoles are concerned, the Wii easily won the seventh generation for me.
It's a shame. Most would just dismiss it as a childish or casual console and ignore the amazing library, one that rivals the SNES.

I was pretty much heavily favorable to the 360 the whole generation until one day recently, I decided to buy a collection of cheap Wii games in my local Gamestop and everything after that was just magic. The two games I mentioned were the highlights of this, did not expect them to be this good. Now I can't stop playing the Wii, with my 360 and PS3 collecting dust. (Well not so much the latter since it's pretty much a Netflix machine for the living room haha.)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah, I really love some of the third-party or some of the low-bugdet Wii Titles that are sold at some gaming retailers, like, I'm a sucker for some of the Wrestling games, ahaha, and I remember playing this Yugioh 5Ds game which was pretty fun too!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I really loved some of the Sonic games on Wii. They were fun.
Correction! There's only one Sonic game on the Wii, and that is Colors. Which is pretty great.

no secret rings and especially black knight should not count!

I wouldn't really consider Sonic obscure though. His games sold very well on the Wii.

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
I just remembered the times that I played dance games with my friends on the Wii... {XD}

Years
I'm really happy that the WII u decided to have full backwards compatibility (granted no Gamecube support, but there are several models off Wii Units that didn't have it either) I've been having a blast playing through some of my Library I haven't had time to play in awhile. I also collected quite a few VC games through Club Nintendo promotions. Hopefully in the future I can collect the rainfall trilogy (at least I think that's what they were called) and some of the more obscure exclusives.

Also Sonic and the Black Knight was pretty fun for what it was worth in my opinion...Secret Rings was kind of a complete and total mess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back