• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was in Dream World the other day, and when i quit i sent Mareep to Entralink, i went in but he wasn't there. Today i got Nidoran (Male) and just sent him to Entralink, Nidoran is there, but mareep still isnt.. What's wrong?

Mareep is showing up as sent in my DW House on the Board

Did you check all the rooms in the Forest, not just the first? That's all I can think of.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I asked Ms. Forever this, but she redirected me here.

So I've been searching for Dream World Exclusive abilities as well as a few choice Dream World Abilities and ran into a slight dilemma. Specifically I am looking for either Seedot or Sneasel or any of their evolutions, but they are not listed in any of the three Dream World Isle locations, the forest being the obvious location for them. Same can be said for some Cave dwelling Pokemon. They aren't listed in any Dream World information on fan based sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

My questions are are there Pokemon that can't be caught in the Dream World yet? In no, then where are the missing Pokemon? If yes, have you heard anything about new Dream Isles to correct this? Or is there maybe going to be a Promo for them?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I asked Ms. Forever this, but she redirected me here.

So I've been searching for Dream World Exclusive abilities as well as a few choice Dream World Abilities and ran into a slight dilemma. Specifically I am looking for either Seedot or Sneasel or any of their evolutions, but they are not listed in any of the three Dream World Isle locations, the forest being the obvious location for them. Same can be said for some Cave dwelling Pokemon. They aren't listed in any Dream World information on fan based sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

My questions are are there Pokemon that can't be caught in the Dream World yet? In no, then where are the missing Pokemon? If yes, have you heard anything about new Dream Isles to correct this? Or is there maybe going to be a Promo for them?

The Pokemon that are not listed in the Dream World isle's are the Pokemon that are yet to be released, so Pokemon like Seedot, Sneasel, Litwick, Jynx etc... have yet to be released.

No one know's if they will ever be released, but they were given a Dream World ability so most likely they'll be released one day.

Years
I just want to ask this to be sure:
If I have a White version in German on a 3DS (which will be German so the game will run on it) and a Black version in Japanese on a normal DS, will there be any problems (concerning the language or the system) if I want to visit the Black city/White forest of the other player?

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself! :)

Years
Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself! :)
Okay, I should have mentioned that I would have a German 3DS. Getting the game to work on a 3DS is not what interests me, I'm interested in whether the interaction of two foreign language games who are also on different systems will work ;)
I personally can imagine that trading would work, but visiting someone's Black city/White forest seems a bit different.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Yeah, but I'm still thinking things will be fine...

I mean, it's not like the maps really changed or anything. I'm able to visit my friends' Black Cities and White Forests (albeit, they're American like I am), and I don't really think they removed anything in any particular translation. :v Only the text strings would be different, and Pokémon has the possibility of using international characters so it should be able to handle any foreign symbols (For instance, in someone's name).

If there's a concern about whether the dialogue sent is going to be odd, I think they'll just correspond to their own respective languages, only translated to their thing.

Of course, I'm only making an inference here. I don't want to be insistent, but you should try it out. xD The worst that can happen is the game not being able to do the Entralink stuff, right? :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game

I cant find you a map of the cave but you need Strength and Flash to get through it. Just follow all the stairs and doors and you know you have reached the end when you find Cobalon.

EDIT: there are three floors in the cave.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game

All I can recall when venturing through Mistralton Cave is Surf (to get to the cave :V), Strength, and Flash. :/

The only TM there is TM80, Rock Slide, which is at the Northwest corner of the 2F. It's a Strength puzzle...?

I don't really have the clear directions anymore, but Marriland to the rescue on that!

Head south, push the boulder into the hole, but grab the Ultra Ball hidden in the nearby rock first. There's also a Hyper Potion hiding in a rock on the other side of the hole on your way west. Climb the steps, head east, then head south and around the southern perimeter until you reach a Hard Stone, an item that powers up the bearer's Rock-type attacks by 20%.
Now head north and push that next boulder into place, but before you head across it, swing north some more and keep going around the northern perimeter of the cave to find TM80 (Rock Slide), a great, staple Rock-type attack with 80 power that hits for Physical-based damage. It has a good chance of inflicting flinch, plus it also hits two opponents in a double battle. It's a very handy TM to have at your disposal!
You can also slither on through the narrow chasm on the floor, heading around and picking up the Iron, along with a PP up hidden in the western side of the room.
There is a ledge you can jump down if you're feeling gutsy, but you should just go back to that boulder now. Go ahead and push its brother into place, too, so you'll have better access for later. Then, head up the stairs, leading you into somewhere new!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hey, I have a question:

Can you communicate with a friend over WiFi and partake in the Battle Subway Multi Train?

Years
Wi-Fi club helppp!

Ahhh, I don't know where to put this! :( I'll just put it here, if it's wrong, someone please move it!

I'm having a lot of trouble with Nintendo Wi-Fi Club on Pokémon White… I can connect and get into the room but no one appears and it doesn't connect to anyone, so I can't trade/battle/do ANYTHING, I can just walk around the room, talk to the screen and that's it… Does anyone know how to solve this? It's got me rather cranky, rofl.
It used to work fine until a few days ago... My Palpad also removed all my friendcodes!

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I've had a similar but not exactly the same problem. I've had a lot of problem connecting to people in the wifi-club on my white as well. I've edited a lot of settings on my router to try and allow my DS full access to everything, but I've had no luck so far. I've also tested with the GTS and I connect with that just fine, but using the wifi club is really unstable recently.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ahhh, I don't know where to put this! :( I'll just put it here, if it's wrong, someone please move it!

I'm having a lot of trouble with Nintendo Wi-Fi Club on Pokémon White… I can connect and get into the room but no one appears and it doesn't connect to anyone, so I can't trade/battle/do ANYTHING, I can just walk around the room, talk to the screen and that's it… Does anyone know how to solve this? It's got me rather cranky, rofl.
It used to work fine until a few days ago... My Palpad also removed all my friendcodes!
Merged your question here.

Usually, if my Pal Pad removes my list of Friend Codes, it's because I had connected on to Wi-Fi in a different area from where I normally use it. I don't know if you've done this recently, but that can explain why your list of Friend Codes are gone and why you aren't seeing anyone in the Wi-Fi Club. So, you're probably going to need to re-add all your previous Friend Codes you had before.

If you've done all of that already, adding back your Friend Codes and what not, then it might just be the connection. Either your signal is very low or the other party is having a bad connection and the trade/battle/whatever won't go through properly.

Other than that, I don't know what's causing this issue for you. If I'm no help, then hopefully someone here can give you a better answer that this. ):

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I have a question. Why are my C-gear online hearts and Game-Sync button always red when I'm using my wireless? I can do everything online, it works fine, then why that color?

It looks like you changed your connection settings. I did it once and my game told me I had to reset it and that all my friend codes would be deleted. For sure, if you don't have any friend codes in your Pal Pad, then you won't see anyone in the Union room.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I have a question. Why are my C-gear online hearts and Game-Sync button always red when I'm using my wireless? I can do everything online, it works fine, then why that color?
Their colro doesn't denote their activity. The symbols also change based on gender, my C-gear's icons are all hexagons. Though normally my online on is yellow, IR is red, and the 3rd option is blue.

Years
I didn't change my settings and I didnt try playing somewhere else! It's really weird. I re-added some of my friends and can get into the room with ease, my signal has three bars... Ahhh! I don't get it!

Their colro doesn't denote their activity. The symbols also change based on gender, my C-gear's icons are all hexagons. Though normally my online on is yellow, IR is red, and the 3rd option is blue.

Are they? I'm a girl in the game and they're hexagons for me...

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Lol I'm happy I got hearts!! But still the color must mean something. It was green before, but one day it turned red. I tried looking for the answer on google without succeeding =(.

[Edit] I found on Serebii you can customize your c-gear by pressing on the customize button, then on c-gear.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't change my settings and I didnt try playing somewhere else! It's really weird. I re-added some of my friends and can get into the room with ease, my signal has three bars... Ahhh! I don't get it!

Are they? I'm a girl in the game and they're hexagons for me...

Lol I'm happy I got hearts!! But still the color must mean something. It was green before, but one day it turned red. I tried looking for the answer on google without succeeding =(.

[Edit] I found on Seebii you can customize your c-gear by pressing on the customize button, then on c-gear.

It is based on gender, but hexagons are available for both. Girls have bunnies and hearts and butterflies or something, and guys have...something else that I don't remember. You can change it by pressing C-Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back