• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, Blackpool have got off to a good start, 2 wins from 2. But Ian Holloway really needs to sort out that defence but it has got bigger holes than a swiss cheese.

I follow Ligue 1, and Lyon have started good also. 6 points and a 4+ goal difference.

I also follow the J-League, and I support Yokohama F Marinos, who have had the most draws out of the league - 11. Currently they are 5th on 35 points, 8 from top.

Years
Yeah it has been a good start for Blackpool, I'm sure you'll be reach the play offs without much effort anyway.

Forgot to post after the first Boro home game of the season, we scored 2 (arguably 3) ridiculous goals and the really good ones are both from youngsters so it's all good. :P

Poor Reading had a good result against a big side taken away like Southampton a few days ago.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Sunderland just baught Steven Fletcher from Wolves for £10,000,000.
thumbnail.aspx

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Sunderland just baught Steven Fletcher from Wolves for £10,000,000.

Overpriced.

I watched yesterday's Chelsea vs Reading game, and I felt Chelsea deserved the win despite Torres' goal being blatantly offside. How the linesman fail to raise the flag for such an obvious offside is beyond me. But hey, at least he scored. And Hazard is really impressing. He's been responsible for 5 of Chelsea's 6 goals.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Liverpool made a bid for Clint Dempsey and now Fulham are whining about it for some reason.

Years
About one hour ago, we entered transfer deadline day, it should be fun to see how the day unfolds. Speaking for my own club we just received £3m for our left back Joe Bennett the other day and we're expected to sell Marvin Emnes for anything above £4m today so we could have the money to be very active today.

More importantly for everyone else, Man City are expected to be signing Sinclair, Nastasic, Maicon and Javi Martinez today.

How does everyone feel about the League Cup draw? Boro's tenth away game in a row in the league cup. -.-

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Lambert continuing what he was doing here buying young players from the lower leagues. Would have loved to see Joe Bennett at Norwich, and probably would have if the manager didn't change. I seem to recall reading you're after that Burnley striker, could be a decent signing.

Our strongest rumour is Craig Mackail-Smith. We do need another striker but I'm not sure what I'd think if we splashed big money on an unproven (at prem level) 28 year old. I actually thought we were going to try and get Jordan Rhodes using the James Vaughan loan as incentive but he went to Blackburn, 8 million really is out of our league.

It's obviously too early to say as I haven't seen a lot of them play but I think I have faith in Hughton's eye for transfers. Steven Whittaker, Sébastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Robert Snodgrass, Javier Garrido, Jacob Butterfield, Alexander Tettey and that back up keeper all seem like solid signings.

Also on the topic of transfers, Berba to Fulham. Who'd of thought that.

Years
Yeah, your signings so far have been very solid and at least you have much stronger squad than Villa. Honestly, Bennett was always disappointing in a Boro shirt in my eyes so I struggle to see how he'll cope a league above, but with Villa probably down this season I guess it won't matter long.

Austin would be better than Emnes so I'm open to that.

I think Mackail-Smith is one of those players who just matches the challenge of each division like Holt, so he would probably end up impressing and he would be very cost effective.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
He had a pretty awesome hit ratio at Peterborough but that went down quite a bit when he went to Brighton. Our playing style is much closer to Brighton's passing style so it worries me a little. He's also linked to Leeds, I guess it's our job it piss off the Leeds supporters.

I wonder how many players QPR will sign, I expect a 35 man squad filled with flashy names isn't big enough.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ugh. Spurs has taken a nasty hit in this transfer window. Siggurdson, Vertonghen and Adebayor are nice additions but the number of people we've lost is... problematic. On top of that, in the past 24 hours, we've lost Rose for this season, Dos Santos to Real Mallorca and Younes Kaboul is out for four months. With Parker still out with his achilles... ugh. I don't like this situation.

But at lease Dembele is ours!

Years
I can't understand the Van Der Vaart transfer. Why do Spurs want to sell? Why does VDV want to go? Why did Hamburg think they could get him in the first place?

So odd.

I'm glad to see Dempsey's move to Villa broke down, he's in a much better situation at Fulham.

Nihilego

Years
...you just ruined my day. I had no idea that VDV was going anywhere. Now we're definitely in trouble - a lot of supporters have been suggesting that VDV doesn't fit too well in Spurs, partly because of his extremely aggressive playstyle in comparison to the others, but idk. I think he's got a real place here and a transfer would be a bad idea imo.

edit:
@SpursOffical said:
We have reached agreement for the transfer of Rafael van der Vaart to Hamburg. We wish Rafa all the best for the future.

UGH SERIOUSLY

Also, Dawson. Dear God Dawson.

Last edited:

Nihilego

Years
Wait, we've formally signed him now? Last I read, AVB said it wasn't happening. But if so then that's good news at least!

Nihilego

Years
Yeah that's what I'm coming up with googling it just now. Not too bad a price tbh, especially with £10.3m coming in for Van Der Vaart and the obvious leftovers from the £30m coming in from Modric. Happy with that.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Wait, we've formally signed him now? Last I read, AVB said it wasn't happening. But if so then that's good news at least!

All I knew, AVB was using Mourinho's interest on Modric and his influence over Porto to stage a three-way transfer- and the moment they announced Modric was going to Madrid, it was pretty obvious the Moutinho deal was done too.

Also, Chelsea-Atlético tonight. Hoping for a good deal of fun!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Norwich still haven't gotten a striker in, if I was in charge I would have gotten 6 by now.

Dempsey showing up at Spurs now. Liverpool really missing out here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back