• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Point Above the Clouds (Flying-Type Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Thanks for taking over for me. Responsibility is not my strong point and I don't come here nearly as often. Good luck with the club, dude!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Let's start a new topic :
Which flying type has the best shiny sprite?

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Thanks for taking over for me. Responsibility is not my strong point and I don't come here nearly as often. Good luck with the club, dude!

No problem! I'll try my best to keep this club going! :D

Now, the new topic:

I absolutely LOVE Charizard's shiny sprite!!! It look's so freakin' awesome with those deep-red wings... I spent months trying to breed a shiny Charmander, as well as SRing on my LeafGreen for who knows how long...
Before Hydreigon came around, it was the closest thing I could get to having a black dragon, since I didn't really feel like restarting my Ruby to try and SR for a shiny Rayquaza.

006.gif

Rayquaza has an awesome 'black dragon' sprite too! That yellow on it kinda reminds me of an Umbreon.

384.gif

Lugia and Ho-Oh have great shiny sprites as well. I wish I had the patience to SR for them... Ahhh, I adore shiny Ho-oh's wings....
249.gif
250.gif

Random thing, but I noticed that a lot of shinies in Gen 2 are pink... Probably because of original GameBoy colours. But that's getting off topic! :P

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Hello, I would like to join this club.

Username:SummerSkies
Nickname:Sky
Favorite Pokemon:Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Swablu, Ducklett, Rufflet, Murkrow, Spearow, and basically all bird Pokemon
Favorite Move:Brave Bird
Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name:Samuel the Pidgeot
Answer to the topic (you only have to answer one):I adore Staraptor and Braviary's shiny sprites. I love how the blue parts of the Pokemon matches with the brown parts of the Pokemon.
Would you like to be notified when new features, games, and competitions are added to the club?No

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years

Favorite Pokemon:Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Swablu, Ducklett, Rufflet, Murkrow, Spearow, and basically all bird Pokemon
Answer to the topic (you only have to answer one):I adore Staraptor and Braviary's shiny sprites. I love how the blue parts of the Pokemon matches with the brown parts of the Pokemon.
Would you like to be notified when new features, games, and competitions are added to the club?No

Welcome SummerSkies! Oh, I love that adorable little budgie in your av! I used to have a lot of budgies, but sadly many of them have since died of old age. My very first pet was a lovely blue budgie I named Lucy.

I like bird Pokemon too. And Staraptor's and Braviary's shiny sprites are cool! That blue looks so good on Braviary, and I like that little touch of light blue on Staraptor's comb. I haven't been fortunate enough to run into a shiny Braviary or Staraptor. But I did encounter a shiny Vullaby on my Black game. If I had White instead of Black, that could've been a shiny Rufflet...

628.gif
398.gif

I'd also like to add to my answer of why Winona is the toughest Flying-type Gym Leader.
Ok, so I've been taking the World Leaders Tournamentin the PWT in White, and I've fought against Faulkner, Winona and Skyla in Rotation Battles.
And my gosh, Winona was just as tough as I remember, even tougher. I took care of her Altaria, Sigilyph and Honchkrow easily thanks to my Hydreigon, Haxorus and Excadrill. But her Gyarados almost completely wiped me out. It has the moves Substitute, Dragon Dance, Ice Fang and Waterfall, and is holding Leftovers. She decided to just spam Ice Fang on me, which took out my Dragons. Waterfall took out my Volcarona, so I was just left with Excadrill. But rather than using Waterfall on my Excadrill, she just went ahead and spammed Ice Fang again. I thought that that would be OK at first, until Ice Fang kept making Excadrill flinch.
Gyarados was down at a third HP thanks to my Hax (Her Gyarados was female, and my Haxorus, despite its insane attack stat, has the ability Rivalry), so all I needed was one Rock Slide to finish her off. But Excadrill would not stop flinching!
Excadrill was on the verge of fainting when Rock Slide finally made it though and KO'd her Gyarados...
That was one epic (and tough) battle :)

Who else here has gone up against Faulkner, Winona or Skyla in the PWT?

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No problem! I'll try my best to keep this club going! :D

Now, the new topic:

I absolutely LOVE Charizard's shiny sprite!!! It look's so freakin' awesome with those deep-red wings... I spent months trying to breed a shiny Charmander, as well as SRing on my LeafGreen for who knows how long...
Before Hydreigon came around, it was the closest thing I could get to having a black dragon, since I didn't really feel like restarting my Ruby to try and SR for a shiny Rayquaza.

006.gif

Rayquaza has an awesome 'black dragon' sprite too! That yellow on it kinda reminds me of an Umbreon.

384.gif

Lugia and Ho-Oh have great shiny sprites as well. I wish I had the patience to SR for them... Ahhh, I adore shiny Ho-oh's wings....
249.gif
250.gif

Random thing, but I noticed that a lot of shinies in Gen 2 are pink... Probably because of original GameBoy colours. But that's getting off topic! :P
i have to agree with u star!! all the sprites u posted are one of my fave one <3333

welcome to the club SummerSkies! i hope u have fun here!!

like bird Pokemon too. And Staraptor's and Braviary's shiny sprites are cool! That blue looks so good on Braviary, and I like that little touch of light blue on Staraptor's comb. I haven't been fortunate enough to run into a shiny Braviary or Staraptor. But I did encounter a shiny Vullaby on my Black game. If I had White instead of Black, that could've been a shiny Rufflet...
628.gif
398.gif
gotta agree about taraptor and Braviary's shiny sprites

Who else here has gone up against Faulkner, Winona or Skyla in the PWT?
i haven't played black/white 2 yet so .....xD

i also like shiny sprites of
Yanma
193.png

Altaria
334.png

Mothim
414.png

Vespiquen
416.png

-----
it time for a new topic
Which flying Pokemon's shins sprite should be recolored?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Username: CourageHound
Nickname: Courage, Hound, Tobi(anime nickname)
Favorite Pokemon: Gliscor, Staraptor, and Crobat are very feirce flying types
Favorite Move: Brave Bird
Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name: Stinglash the Gliscor
Answer to the topic: Who's your favourite Flying-type Gym Leader: Falkner, Winona or Skyla?
My answer is Skyla. She seemed to have the most personality of the three flying gym leaders. However I think the Leader who was most formidable in battle was Winona
Would you like to be notified when new features, games, and competitions are added to the club? YES~

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Since the owner has been inactive for over a month, this club is being closed for now. If anyone wants to take over ownership, either PM either of the moderators, or post in the GM thread. You're free to remake it as well of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back