• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unapproved challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hackachu, if you or anyone else wants to play using only a Wurmple, they can sign up in the Solo Challenge thread.

Krokorocks, there is zero effort put into this challenge. Read the rules, the FAQ, and even other challenge threads before submitting again.

AlxG123, Random Challenge. We have that. Sign up there.

sinfulltears, try Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread for random eggs.

Come on now, guys. You're killing me here. There are rules, guides, and even other challenges that are great examples as to what goes on here, and if you're confused by any of it, you can always ask me. I shouldn't have to delete so many threads.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First of all, I just want to say I have 7 tabs open with challenges waiting on approval after being gone for about a week and a half. Holy hell. I'm getting someone to watch this forum next time I take off. Anyway...

Amoraxx, you must sign up for challenges you participate in. Plus, I don't like the idea of limiting an already limiting challenge.

Emburn, I like the idea, but you need to sign up for challenges you submit.

AlxG123, try asking that in CI&D. You don't get your own thread for choosing a type to mono with.

mwuzatm, why limit it to just Emerald? Anyway, you must sign up for what you submit.

darkwaters93, I'm not even going to bother explaining. Just...read the rules. Read the FAQ. Read other challenges that are posted.

Congrats to the 2 that made it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Han Solosis, I don't like the idea of limiting an already limited challenge. Coolest username ever, though.

KoolKat vs. Lucas, using 3 starters doesn't really scream "challenge" to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Shnorkness, you don't get your own thread to update your Nuzlocke. You can use the existing Nuzlocke thread just like everyone else. Make sure you sign up though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GreenGuy16, although you can't have your own thread to get help with that, you're more than welcome to post about it in CI&D and ask and get opinions. I'm the only one that sees threads in here before they're approved, but if you post there, you can get advice from other challengers. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Helio, while I don't really have any problems with this challenge, I'd really prefer it be a Username Challenge instead of just a name. We've had that before, and it goes well. With shapes in usernames, we've had people just use a Pokemon that fits that kind of shape (Starmie for a star in a username, for example) and it's just easier to keep up with usernames than trainer names. Trainer names, to me, implies it would need to be a real person's name, and you using Helio for example, that's not a name (not common, anyway).

No hacking also is kinda iffy since a lot of people play on ROMs and can't trade. And only 5 letters allowed is weird to me as well.

If you can adapt to these changes though, I'd have no problem approving it. Right now I think it's just too similar to the Username Challenges we've had in the past. Plus you already signed up using your username as your trainer name anyway. It wouldn't be too drastic of a change.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First off, I just wanna say that I'm sorry it took me this long to get to these. I've been very busy lately, so thanks for being patient! Though only one of you contacted me, so I assume maybe y'all forgot you submitted a challenge? lol

NomNomPacMan, this could use some clearing up...the format is really awkward to read, and the challenge doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus you need to participate in what you start. I could see it getting approved if you explained it better and added your sign up, but it's kind of confusing and I think a lot of people would be deterred from it because of that.

jordsta95, you must participate in the challenges you post. And honestly, I'd prefer a wonder trade run nuzlocke to just be kept within the Nuzlocke thread, because the only difference is that you're using Wonder Trade. A Wonder Trade challenge on its own would be fine, but mixing it with Nuzlocke, I feel it could just stay in the main Nuzlocke thread. Talk to vaporeon7 about it.

Anglican, I like it, but I can't tell if your sign up is just an example or not, because you're not listed as a challenger. If you contact me to clarify and you meant to put yourself on the challenger list, I'll approve it.

axlefoley, you must participate in the challenges you make. Reading this just spoiled the game for me btw...sob sob.

uhhhh6677, damn, did everyone hop on the wonder trade challenge bandwagon? You must participate in what you start.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
liam_g, I like this challenge, but you didn't say if you were participating or not, so I can't let it through. :( If you contact me and you meant to have yourself added as a challenger, then I will gladly approve it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
TheAsvarduilProject, somehow I missed this challenge, so my apologies. Anyway, you must participate in what you start. This could have been neat, but yeah.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Trekiguy, I'm not approving Wonderlockes. It doesn't really need its own thread since it's yet another Nuzlocke variant that could be posted in the main Nuzlocke thread.

GryphusHUN, this challenge (with an e, not an a by the way) doesn't have any substance. Plus you must participate in what you post...not that this would have been approved anyway, because it's severely lacking in any sort of structure or use of spell check. Surprise has two r's. Just saying.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Jmacc, this challenge is basically an NFE (not fully evolved) challenge that's got strange restrictions. I don't really like the idea of using starters and pseudos. There should be more variety and it would just be better to make a regular NFE challenge. I think there's one up under a different name right now, so that would best suit you if you want to play that way. I'm there's not one and I've just gone crazy, you're free to make a normal NFE challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
27thColt, I don't understand the point of this challenge. Solo, Duo, and Trio challenges usually have their own threads. A challenge for using a team of 4 or 5 seems silly as well, since the typical amount people play normally with is 4-6. There's no other gimmick to this to really approve it. It's just a "choose how many Pokemon you want to use" challenge and it's redundant for reasons already stated.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Varion, I just gave someone else the okay to make this challenge, so I'd hate to approve yours when someone else was looking forward to doing it. You're more than welcome to sign up in the thread when it's up though! Again, really sorry, since your challenge was totally fine and would otherwise have been approved.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Excluding this tab, I have 14 tabs open. I am never taking a break ever again. EVER. AGAIN. Jesus God. lol

fisch760, we don't have a Scramble Challenge thread up right now, but if you'd like, you could ask for a team in CI&D. If you want to make a thread for the Scramble Challenge, you're more than welcome to, but if you don't want that responsibility, someone will gladly give you a team if you ask nicely in CI&D! :)

legendhunter14, I have given someone the okay to make a Wonder Trade challenge which will include locke options in the sign up. It's just gotten approved with this batch of challenges, so feel free to sign up there! (It was submitted before yours anyway so yeah...)

MShinefulCZ, um what is this lol. Word to the wise, if you need suggestions in the thread, it's not gonna make approval. Challenge ideas and structure should be complete when you've submitted the thread. Plus I don't really see the challenge in this. It looks like you just wanted to make a challenge and put random rules together that you thought were difficult and it's really not so. Also, you have to sign up in the challenges you make.

gio7sm (Baby's First Nuzlocke), I'm not sure how you missed the Nuzlocke thread. This one isn't different enough to warrant its own thread, plus you must participate in what you post.

gio7sm (Wynlocke), please don't submit challenges that are incomplete. You must also sign up for what you post...but tbh, if I see the word "locke" again, I'm going to vomit. I wouldn't have let this through anyway...since there's always the randomized Nuzlocke.

Quinn..., these questions would be better suited for CI&D. Threads posted in Challenges go under approval, so you won't get anything answered that way since I'm the only one that can see unapproved threads.

11111111, must. participate. in. your. own. challenges. It's right there in the rules...

Journey, this sounds a bit too...big to be a regular challenge. It'd be better suited as an event, but I don't feel like now is the time to run it since not everyone has XY just yet (after Christmas, XY challenges are really going to skyrocket). Plus, you must participate in your own challenges from the get go, not when they get popular.

EVERYONE, if I have to look at another Nuzlocke variant, I'm going to explode. I'm really tired of them. Please. If your variant can be played without having to break a regular Nuzlocke rule, sign up in the Nuzlocke thread with your conditions as optional rules. If you're not sure about them, you can ask the Nuzlocke thread owner, vaporeon7. He doesn't Bite. He only Surfs.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
kha111, you can get advice for what do for your Nuzlocke in CI&D, not through a thread that only you and I can see.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
fisch760, saw you posted this in the 4th Gen forum and you got a team there, so yeah. Unfortunately, there isn't a Scramble Challenge thread for you to sign up in. :(

CDChaser, this has no need for its own thread. No one wants to play a Nuzlocke without stopping, and if they do, they can sign up in the Nuzlocke thread and say that's how they're going to play. I do commend you on setting it up nicely though! Most things submitted are really ugly and confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back