• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you bother to catch Regigigas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I did in fact catch him, but for the Pokedex, nothing more. I did use him from time to time in later days, but never really. I would say Slow Start stopped me from using him, but the thing is, nothing did. I went through all that work, for another Pokedex entry.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've never ever caught Regigigas. It was always so damn difficult to obtain as it involves getting all three Regis in one game. Plus, I didn't have WiFi connection for my DS/emulator and an Emerald cartridge to even begin with, so capturing it is near impossible for me. All I could ever do was interact with its statue form in Snowpoint City.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
I catched him but then never used him because he didnt made my team any better and also his ability is for a Slow paced fighting style and I like to battle fast.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Yes, but it's so annoying to get.

Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigas is level 1 which means you need False Swipe to get it. Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigas has a catch rate of 3, which means you'll need a lot of Ultra/Dusk Balls to catch it. To get Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigas you need to have Regirock, Regice and Registeel, which can only be obtained by trading or capturing them in some areas that you can only access through an event.

This is why many people don't even bother capturing Regigigigigigigigigigigigigigigas. And it's my least favorite Pokemon, tbh. What it is supposed to be?

Years
Slow Start makes Regigigas completely worthless, even with its humongous stats, So I didn't even bother to catch it. If I ever go for a complete Pokedex, Regigigas will always be near or at the bottom of the list.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually don't remember if I caught that Pokemon or not.. been a while.. But if my memory serves me correctly, I did catch him. I used a Master Ball from that I transferred from my Gen III game tho xD

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Slow Start makes Regigigas completely worthless, even with its humongous stats, So I didn't even bother to catch it. If I ever go for a complete Pokedex, Regigigas will always be near or at the bottom of the list.

According to Bulbapedia, using Worry Seed, Gastro Acid or Skill Swap on Regigigas will immediately return its stats to full power on the first turn.
So if you do Double battles, you could probably send in Regigigas + a Pokémon eith Worry Seed/Gastro Acid (Skill Swap will apply the effects of Slow Start to the Skill Swapper), remove Slow Start on the first turn (Regigias will probably be slower), allowing you to use its full potential on the first turn.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I never bothered to catch it because it would be too much work and It has a sucky ability :[

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
Years
Failed cause I play with an Emulator named no$gba and cant get the other regis from my emerald ruby or the sapphire.but its in snowpoint city I know that.And I do not let the legendary pokemons ROT YOU FOOL.Plying in an emulator sure is not that fun nothing to do about the GTS, pokemon center bottom and top floor and most of all its slow and does not support all games I did not even played pokemon black and white forget about X and Y.Living in a box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back