• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
Well...I'm sorry I have to agree with pizzakoe. I would have thought sticking to true Pokemon originality would be better for the hacks image. But like you said CBM, it is your game so there is nothing stopping you, nor is Prizmeon going to be ruining my experience. Just keep in mind, we are not trying to complain, only trying to help :). I have an idea. You could create 2 slightly altered Prism versions, one without Fakemon for the "originalists" or whatever. Its up to you, consider what other people may say about this later on, and good luck as always :D!

PS: might I suggest: don't make the legendaries TOO impossible to get. you want it to be hard, but not pull-your-hairs-out-and-scream-cuss-words-for-an-hour-hard. I'm sure people will want to have another Pokedex-completion race, but you want people to like it right? Good luck man!

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I don't see why anyone should be making a big deal about Prizmeon. It's ONE Fakemon. Personally, I hate Fakemon. Most of them are poorly done. However, this Fakemon is extremely hard to get. Unless you read through this thread, you probably wouldn't even know about it. Just my two cents.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
If it was a real Poke'mon, no one would be complaining. So pretend like its a real Poke'mon!!1
To be honest though, I haven't seen it yet, but reading through this thread, I have to commend you on your originality on that one. You said it was something we wouldn't expect and you were right. I was actually kinda worried that you would have put an over-powered high level legendary this early on haha
The fact that this is only a small taste of what the final version is gonna contain, both in terms of the whole experience and in terms of surprises, is amazing.

Years
I haven't played the latest Beta, but I really like how you implemented Prismeon (or whatever). That was really creative and original- kudos :)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I ran around the whole region of Naljo trying to find the legendary. It was Prismeon. How sad.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Since I'm nooby at these things, may I ask that how many stones are required to make an elemental ring? I have 8 water stones and the guy says, "You don't have enough stones to make this".

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I believe that's just message it makes when you need to be a higher level to make that ring. To help, beneath the Ring Making guy, there is a panel thing or something that tells you what level and how many stones are necessary for making a ring. I'll get a pic up soon.

EDIT: Err, never mind, I think it might be something else...maybe you need more ash? But still...here are some pictures of the recipe guide, or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
How is leveling up the various skills done? Is it randomly after a successful mine/jeweling/etc, or is it exp based?

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
I think Prizmeon's [sic? does anyone have a confirmed spelling?] a great idea as it doesn't stray too far from the the feel of the hack. I could understand people disliking an entirely new, unrelated to any existing family legendary if it didn't have any particular story or background. But to have something so central to the Prism theme, is a great idea. I hope it doesn't end with just obtaining it, but having event(s) later on that involve it. Only problem is now everyone will have it in their squad XD I pity all you conformists :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Does anyone know when you find riolu in the game?
I want one on my team but i just wanted to know where it could be found.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone know when you find riolu in the game?
I want one on my team but i just wanted to know where it could be found.

You get one from the Orphanage in Spruge(?) City. Unfortunately, it costs 1000 orphan points. To get orphan points, you give pokemon to the lady that gives you the orphan card.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
You get one from the Orphanage in Spruge(?) City. Unfortunately, it costs 1000 orphan points. To get orphan points, you give pokemon to the lady that gives you the orphan card.

Some Pokemon are fairly good in the orphanage, I just want to know how can I get more than 50 (I traded a Butterfree that I got for this purpose)

Roareye

propic (c) piekielnatruskawa
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
Some Pokemon are fairly good in the orphanage, I just want to know how can I get more than 50 (I traded a Butterfree that I got for this purpose)

You just need to donate A LOT of them. That is, if you have patience. I gave up at 300+ I think. It's just too much to catch&release. Ironically, the purpose of the orphanage seems to be the opposite. Well, I'm not donating unused pokemon from my boxes, because if I want Riolu, that'd NEVER be enough. I just spam-catch a lot of other crap to donate it and gather orphan points, little by little. That seems a little... immoral. Abandoning hundreds of pokemon just to get that one.

By the way, Coolboyman. Have you even noticed my post about item colors? (pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6053652&postcount=218) I'd like any feedback from you about it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Coolboyman...great quality work as usual. Keep it up man these are the kind of hacks I look forward to seeing finished

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013

That will take awhile for me to gather then, I wanted to have him on my team for the duration of the game. I'm up to the first gym right now.

Years
Is there anyway to get Gliscor in the Summer beta? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Really like the new features you put in Coolboyman makes it feel more like an RPG than a Pokemon game.

Back