• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Welcome to my newest side project, called =)

=) is essentially Pokemon FireRed, but with Black 2/White 2's Challenge Mode applied. Along with a few other things. I made this for my own use, but I decided to post it anyway.

Here are all the features of =) :
*All trainers have higher levels, starting out with +1, and ending with +4 by the Elite Four
*Slightly new Gym Leader teams
*Gym Leaders are now at appropriate level for boss fights
*so is Elite Four
*so is Giovanni
*No more Sandshrew in Brock's Gym
*No more Psychic Pokemon in Koga's Gym
*No more Arbok, Tauros, and Machop family in Giovanni's Gym
*Sevii Islands don't exist
*Moltres can now be found in Victory Road
*You never get the National Dex
*You never get the Vs Seeker, because that's how it was in the original games (*trollface)
*You can complete the Kanto Pokedex. This means you can eventually get both fossils, all 3 starters, both Himtons, multiple Eevees
*Wild Pokemon edited to be loosely based off of the Japanese Blue version (Ditto in Rock Tunnel, Jynx in Seafoam Islands, Lv67 Clefairy in Cerulean cave)
*Some in-game trades changed to what they are in the Japanese Blue version (note some, while others are changed to something completely new I decided)
*The quest reminder thing is removed because it's just dumb
*Gamer is now Gambler
*Font changed to Pokemon Emerald because it looks sexy
*Pokemon now use Ruby/Sapphire sprites because they look crazier that way
*Graveler, Kadabra, Haunter, and Machoke now evolve through Happiness (AKA just train them regularly)

Screenshots:
2how6t1.png
2i264iu.png
x1yl9g.png

Gym & Elite 4 team spoilers:
Spoiler:

THIS HACK IS COMPLETE.

Also, THIS IS NOT A JOKE HACK.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Years
As I explained in the PM, you're going to have to add a few more screenshots; however similar this is to the original FireRed, rules are rules, so you should perhaps post some screenshots showing the different Pokemon sprites being used and basically anything else you changed/added in. They're necessary, even if it might feel there's not much point to it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
As I explained in the PM, you're going to have to add a few more screenshots; however similar this is to the original FireRed, rules are rules, so you should perhaps post some screenshots showing the different Pokemon sprites being used and basically anything else you changed/added in. They're necessary, even if it might feel there's not much point to it.
I added the extra screenshots. Originally I was going to re-submit the thread with the screenshots because that's what Dr. Fuji said to do, but I thought both you and Fuji decided which thread gets passed (Dr. Fuji didn't accept this at first), but either way the extra screenshots are there now.

What's with the title screen ?!
It's a smiley face, since that's the name of this hack.

After all, because I added the version exclusives from LeafGreen, this is no longer Pokemon FireRed. But I wasn't going to call it WaterBlue, since I don't see why Blastoise would suddenly get all the attention in this hack. So I'm calling it =), because this is neither FireRed nor LeafGreen. This is basically FireRed + LeafGreen + Challenge Mode + Ruby/Sapphire sprites.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
What is "Challenge Mode"? Why not naming it Pokémon Ultimate Version or something like that ? And by saying r/s sprites you mean the overworld or the pokemon sprites ?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
=o

if u can never get the national dex, means u cant reach sevii islands/cant catch johtohoenn pkmn there??

btw does this have the physical/special split implemented?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
=o

if u can never get the national dex, means u cant reach sevii islands/cant catch johtohoenn pkmn there??

btw does this have the physical/special split implemented?

Look at the features once more... "No Sevii Islands", so they aren't in the game!

And I guess not, as it is likened to the first generation.

As for my opinion, I've not played, but... Eh, my opinion of this is bland. The name really does make it sound like a joke hack, but if you like it, fine by me.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
will the sevii islands be included coz without the nationaldex you cannot go to the sevii islands

Years
will the sevii islands be included coz without the nationaldex you cannot go to the sevii islands

Really? Come on, look at the post directly above yours. And even then, if it wasn't there, it would've been in the first post- you should at least look at the first post before posting in a thread.

Anyway, it's against the rules to post in a thread that hasn't been posted in in over a month. (That's another reason to read the post above yours when posting in a thread: you need to check the date of the last valid post in a thread, to make sure your post won't revive it).
Chaos Rush, if you need this opened to post an update or something, just contact DrFuji or myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back