• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Among the Trees ★ Treecko Family Fanclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014

How is Grovyle's and Sceptile's : originally: signature move, Leaf Blade, to you? Does it appeal to you? Do you use it a lot, or do you think it looks cool? Or both?: I used it a lot in Emerald when it was the signature move and found it very powerful with a higher power and lots of critical hits it could win most in game battles. I though it looked cool too, though I was a little disappointed Sceptile couldn't learn Leaf Storm in Emerald This helped compensate.

droomph

weeb
Years
How is Grovyle's and Sceptile's :originally: signature move, Leaf Blade, to you? Does it appeal to you? Do you use it a lot, or do you think it just looks cool? Or both? Tell me what you think!

OH MY GOD! I basically only use this move on Grovyle and Sceptile. xD It's strong and it looks cool too so i basically only use leaf blade and slam. It kinda sucks that it isn't his signature move anymore -.-''

Pretty much what you said, lol. I've never actually used Leaf Blade (because I stopped playing RSE wayyyyyy before liking Grovyle) but I just think the animation and Anime depiction to be so awesomely epic gushgushgushgush

The Anime was just cool, because the three leaves fused into one and omg thinking back on it it's kinda stupid but there's something about it that makes it sooo cool.

droomph

weeb
Years
Alright, sorry for sounding like a prick, but I need y'all's attention to these two new rules!

❀ As this is becoming a problem lately, please try to answer the topic and then discuss it somewhat (eg reply to other's answers and ask why, etc) before making a new topic. Discuss as much as you can, though! Love y'all!
❀ On a similar note, please stay active! Try to at least keep this club alive, if you can't commit to posting here once a day. Grovyle appreciates your cooperation.

Note that you won't be banned from the club or anything for not following these rules, but I really do appreciate you guys following these rules!

droomph

weeb
Years
New topic!

What kinds of "moments" would you have rather seen more of involving the Treecko family? (eg comedic, badass, emotional)

Apart from the whole Meganium thing in the anime, I have no memories of ever having a comedic moment watching Grovyle. It's always badassery at its finest (which is cool with me don't get me wrong), but once in a while you just want a hero to surprise you with their wittiness and sense of humor. 

lasttfarewell

hiatus till december :<
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hey there! hello there ^^ i just dropped by today during my free time so don't mind me if i'm not that active kayy :/ i'll be active in a month, which is after my exams ._.
Are ya gonna spread the love? yeah man who doesn't love the treecko lineage? :>
Who ya wanna be? treecko :DDDDDDD

i can help make userbars if you want ^^ i'll get working on them on sunday mornings c:
because then there is no one around to check if i'm studying :> heehee (: (: i'll try to finish up asap ^^

What kinds of "moments" would you have rather seen more of involving the Treecko family?
ohohohohhhhhhhhh emotional >:) you seldom see an emotional treecko ._. most of them are depicted as cool creatures :]

droomph

weeb
Years
Ahhhhh hey there! Nice to see someone else that loves Treecko and co. <3

Don't worry about it! Userbars aren't such a necessity as very appreciated, so work on as many (or few) as you want!

Ah yes emotional ;; I like tehm because they're cool, but it would have been nice to see more moments where they're vulnerable :c That would have made them even more likable imo. Not only are they cool, they have a more realistic kind of personality.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Hey there! Hi!
Are ya gonna spread the love? Umm...Sure
Who ya wanna be? Sceptile, since he was always my fave until Empoleon came along. /shot by members

What kinds of "moments" would you have rather seen more of involving the Treecko family? (eg comedic, badass, emotional)
Well Grovyle in PMD was extremely sad for me, so I don't need anymore of that. And in the anime, they all act like total bosses, so I guess I would just like to see more cheerfulness out of them. They're always acting either cool or pushing Dusknoir into a portal, so just a normal happy Sceptile would be nice.

droomph

weeb
Years
Ahhh hi ;; sorry for not replying, very busy these few days (and/or Internet is out, but let's not think of it too much)!

Yeah, you think? Lol, I can't start to imagine how contradicting it would be to see a happy-natured Grovyle :P

But then again, I just haven't seen one, so I guess that would be pretty awesome. The golden mean between to extremes :3 makes an awesome character even more awesome :]

droomph

weeb
Years
Thought activity could use a little reward.

Contest - Sceptile's Little Worshipper!

Make successful topics! If I see you making a topic that is successful, you'll get 10 pts! Everyone who replies will get 1 point automatically, then 5 if it spawns a discussion. Bonus points will be given at my discretion, based on how long or good the discussion/post is.

Keep in mind, I am the decider as to who gets the prizes! If you feel like you should have won something, PM me and we'll sort that out. 

Points will not be displayed. Rather, I will keep a private list on my computer (backed up, guaranteed :3) and I will hand out the prizes as needed. 

Prizes!
Ah yeah. I feel like I shouldn't really reveal it now, but just know that the prize is gonna be ~awesome~! Keep racking up those points and you'll get it soon enough!

And the first person who receives my prize (100 points) will have a complimentary Emblem (if Olliikins allows)!

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Okay, as we seem to have not yet finished the other topic, this topic will be dormant for a while~

hang tight~
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I do apologize for my inactivity.

How is Grovyle's and Sceptile's (originally) signature move, Leaf Blade, to you? Does it appeal to you? Do you use it a lot, or do you think it just looks cool? Or both? Tell me what you think!

I loved leaf blade. I would say it's in the top 5 best grass-type moves. Whether it was the fact it looked awesome, or it's usefulness in battle, it never disappointed me.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
How is Grovyle's and Sceptile's (originally) signature move, Leaf Blade, to you? Does it appeal to you? Do you use it a lot, or do you think it just looks cool? Or both? Tell me what you think!

I've always pretty much been a fan of this move. I guess part of the reason comes from the fact that it was a move that only the Treecko line at that time learned, and that it was one of the stronger Grass type moves at the time. I'd always used the move whenever I used Treecko, since it was a good combination with its speed, so it was quick for Water, Rock and Ground type sweeping. I'm not much for the animation in-game, at least not what it looked like in the third generation games, mainly because there just isn't much to it. No special animation really, and though it's certainly better than the liked of Tackle, for a special move the animation just didn't really appeal to me. It looked cool in the anime however, though sadly it wasn't used all that much :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Treecko is my favorite Pokemon so I must join!
Hey there! O hai!
Are ya gonna spread the love? Yeah of course. The Treecko family is the best around.
Who ya wanna be? Treecko, as stated he is my favorite Pokemon.

I like it a lot. It's a very strong Grass-move and fast move. It looked rather cool in the anime, but much in the 3rd gen games. It looks alot cooler in Gen 5 since it looks like an actual sword made from a leaf. I teach it everytime I play my Sapphire or Emerald and use it pretty often and now to the Snivy line in White.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey there guys! (gosh sry for the late reply, lol)

I agree that the Advance Generation game animations are a bit of letdown, though that still doesn't make them any less cool :3 However, I haven't seen the 5th Gen yet, so I can't comment on that :P

And speaking of which, how do you feel, about the move not being a signature move anymore? Is it a letdown, that the only -obvious- uniqueness about Grovyle and Sceptile are stripped away, or do you just see this as a better chance for better move combos?

droomph

weeb
Years
Time for a boost!

Anything Treecko family related, to prove your fangirl/boyism? (eg plushies, action figures, ALL THE GROVYLE TCG CARDS *sad that it's not me*) If not, how willing are you to bust a couple grand on Treecko stuff? :P

No, because I generally don't have fan merchandise in my house :c But if I were given the chance to buy anything I wanted I would cover my room in Grovyle and Sceptile in a heartbeat. And Treecko too but G&S are first priority hun. 

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Except for figurines and trading cards, I don't think I've ever spent money on merchandise from any fandom, and heck, the money were my moms anyways back in the time. I wouldn't really want it either, because really, I stick to the games and movies for anything I need to buy from the franchise. And also, if I were to buy merchandise, I don't think Treecko would be the first thing that'd come to mind, as I do have a favourite that goes just a bit above Treecko :p

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Anything Treecko family related, to prove your fangirl/boyism? (eg plushies, action figures, ALL THE GROVYLE TCG CARDS *sad that it's not me*) If not, how willing are you to bust a couple grand on Treecko stuff? :P

I have a Treecko plushie and a several Treecko TCG cards. I also have one reverse holo Grovyle card.

I can't get a picture of the plushie, but here's one of the cards.
Spoiler:

It's hard to pick up the holo part with my scanner but you can kind of see it.

I have no cash right now but it never was a big priority to buy Pokemon merch. I think I have enough Treecko/Grovyle/ Sceptile related stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back