• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Emerald takes, the cake, and why shouldn't it? Ruby and Sapphire are both great games, and emerald only improved on them. I love the added features like the pokenav, as well as the new places, like trainer hill and the battle tents. The story was more enjoyable, having both teams as villians and getting to battle with Steven (one of my favorite moments), and then of course, there's the battle frontier. What more do you need?

Years
IMO emerald's the better, even tho i picked sapphire. I should've picked Emerald, but my friend had sapphire too, and i picked that because of migrating ^^'
Also, i remember taking his team from sapphire and him restarting. Good times :D

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Emerald is the best, and everyone would say this too.
Its new features (Battle Frontier, Match Call, etc.) are great.
We can battle Team Aqua & Magma in one game, great huh?
Also, Rayquaza is the best in the trio. :D

Years
Emerald without a doubt. You get both Team Magma and Team Aqua in game, and alongside Pokémon Contests you have the Battle Tents, Trainer Hill, and so much more including the Battle Frontier!

Guy

just a guy
Years
The obvious answer here would be Emerald, because it's the improved version of Ruby and Sapphire. You pretty much get everything you got in the original duo and then some. However, my answer stands as all of the above. Despite Emerald's apparent advantages, I could play any of these three games again, regardless of the version, and enjoy it just as much. And trust me, I've done. Many times.

Jill Valentine

Nexios Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I'm going with Emerald too had alot of new stuff although it still didn't have johto though

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
emerald is best i think. you can also go to battle frointer in Emerald but not in R/S. Emerald is A Directors cut game of R/S and its good then R/S but its harder then both of this game

Years
Well, theoretically speaking, Emerald wins in every single way since it's same as S/R, but better. Apart from some exclusive Pokemon Emerald has.

However, Sapphire will always be the first game I've played so in a way I will always remember of that.

Sirfetch’d

Emerald is not only my favorite game of this trio, but my favorite game of all time. I find it to be flawless and I can play it countless times. GF really outdid themselves with this game.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Emerald >>>>>>>>>>>>

The game was just stunning, everything about it. I also really liked facing both teams rather than just one (though it seemed as if Magma was more an ally than an enemy)

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Emerald to the Max! Emerald's the best because you can get the legendary trio (Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza) in the game and I like other features that Gamefreak added to the game as Ruby and Sapphire were the base but they were boring but the Thing that I like most in Emerald is the Battle Frontier.

Years
I personally love Emerald the most, as others do too, for the same reasons, actually.
There's just those minor differences that make it a better game, in my opinion.

Years
I never bought Emerald because my cousin had it and we were playing Pokemon together back then. I can see why people prefer it over Ruby&Sapphire but my favorite is Sapphire for nostalgic reasons :)

Years
Ruby I guess, I wanted Sapphire but they only had ruby in the shop. But I think it works better a Team Magma as the bad guys and Team Aqua as the good guys.
Am not to keen on Emerald beacuse I preferred it when one team was bad and the other good, plus Steven is better as the Champion rather than Wallace.

Years
I prefer emerald as it was my first game i ever got and it just has all these extra features such as the battle frontier, which was really great but it also had may smaller differences, such as the click that the poke ball made when the pokemon was caught.. things like that made it just that little bit better to me :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'd have to say Emerald is the best. Like others said, it's the little things. The Battle Frontier was great, I liked fighting both Team Aqua and Team Magma, and it majorly improved the double battle system. Ruby and Sapphire seemed like they were still kind of testing the waters with double battles, like a prototype or something. Emerald is where it really shines. The one thing I don't really care for in Emerald is how you have to wait until you get to Lilycove to do the Pokemon contests. The contests were really fun, but in Emerald you have to wait until you're practically done with the game to do them.

But Emerald is definitely the best of the three IMO.

Back