• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey guys as i was playing Shiny Gold and levling up as i always do, i found a Hoenn Pokemon somewhere if you want to know check the spoiler if not dont

Spoiler:

Giovanni ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, I was feeling a bit ill yesterday, so I couldn't come back after my last post, but now I feel a bit better. It seems a person has been doing some mess-up in my thread (which is something I don't like, that's for sure...), but right now I see everything's ok, so I thank the mods (what's FG doing here? XD)

Everything up to the Ice Path will be included (but not the Ice Path!)

It's on page 52, I cut out a whole bunch of the post, but there it is. Up to the Ice Path, but not actually IN the Ice Path.

Shuriken Way, I don't see why not...it worked on the map, why not fly? Of course, that's more of an expierience thing, you don't know until you try.

How are the 16 badges going to appear on the trainer card? I don't really care about stuff like that, but it just sorta popped into my head.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And, once again, I have a lot of stuff to take care of... I'm happy? :\:P

I have a question that needs answering. Will you be the main rival throughout the entire game? (ie, you stalk, err...battle us throughout the entire game?

Kinda, at least I and the rest of the new rivals will be showing up in Kanto to make it a little more interesting.

wow alot of posts and i've only been gone for a day i know its late but yay beta's coming out sunday!!! and i asked this before but will tyrogue and the karate king be in mt mortar in b3?

Nope, to get to the Karate King you needed Waterfall, which is not available in B3 (because you can't reach Blackthorn)

Zel is there a possible chance to still use fly into B3 from earning the right from the storm badge that you get from Chuck, i know it would appear to be flying to island to island from FR but would it still work or would mess up the hack?

Well, you'll be flying very "weirdly", from a few cities to another. I mean, from N.Bark to Violet and Azalea; from Goldenrod to Ecruteak; and from Olivine to Cianwood (and... no flying from Mahogany to Blackthorn... I have no more flying posts on the islands maps, and I don't want to put them in the Kanto map, it'd look very... strange...). So, flying for now is a bit glitchy...

Hey flipboi, but I remember Zel saying beta 3 will go up to E4. Oh well, let's hope that once he gets Johto done, it won't take too long doing Kanto, then we can all play the complete hack!

I've changed priorities after that kinda-leaving-thing that happened a while ago. So, the B3 ends at Ice Path, obviously B4 will already have a few places from Kanto done! (Not that B4 will be the last Beta, probably there are a few more, not a lot, but a few)

Nice banner flipboi! ;) You could make one for each of the rivals actually! :D

He already did, hey, flipboi!, why don't you post them again?

How are the 16 badges going to appear on the trainer card? I don't really care about stuff like that, but it just sorta popped into my head.

In the original Gold only the 8 Badges from Johto showed up, so in here, it'll be much the same...

Hello i have made this whit paint it's HP Deoxys by me

credit by archer

Changing the Deoxys... It doesn't sound as wacky as Shurikenway says... Since every different game has a different version of Deoxys... But, I'm not up to tweaking pokes, but I'll think about it (maybe a poll for later?, I'm not sure...)

That's all I had to answer... Now, more screenies (I know you guys are impatient... Am I a sadistic person? :P)

image64iy6.png
image65ck9.png
image66jv9.png
image67ss2.png
image68sq9.png
image69ob2.png

Our journey to Mahogany's Gym... As you can see it follows the layout of the old Gym in Gold, but the puzzle is different (not that it is too hard...)
And, if you have some spriting issue with Pryce's sprite tell me, since that's my own version... (using E.Marini's original Pryce head... :P)

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Very Good as always Zel! I like the Gym, is very good, specially the tile modification (because, originally its a cave, now a indoor place xD). The Pryce´s sprite look´s like it have surf pants, hehe. But all the screens are very good, i cant w8 the next beta! (That will come this sunday xD)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
I think Pryce's sprite needs a little fixing on the way he stands.
he doesn't stand upright,

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Hey Zel. Your hack looks like its coming along really well. Just an idea, but I think that perhaps the policeman at the beginning of the game could make a cameo appearance - maybe after your rival realises that he should love his pokemon, or something

I mean the only reason he was in the original gold was for you to name the rival, but you do that at the beginning anyway. Well, its just an idea...

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
will there be shiny pokemon in this version?

just curious...when you finish all the johto area will the kanto area be much quicker as it is all already in the game?

*edit* stupid question really shiny pokemon are in both FR/LG and gold so its common sence that they wil be in this :P.....just the kanto area question then please :)

Last edited:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Excellent work as allways, zel! I really think you can call yourself an elite hacker of this community!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Heh. So it's not too long before ShinyGold is complete...knowing how fast you work, it'll be done early this year anyway, like around March/April, right? :D Well, the Pokemon game I've always been waiting for is nearly here...

zel said:
I've changed priorities after that kinda-leaving-thing that happened a while ago. So, the B3 ends at Ice Path, obviously B4 will already have a few places from Kanto done! (Not that B4 will be the last Beta, probably there are a few more, not a lot, but a few)

I presume you'll get to woop TR's @$$ at Goldenrod City in this upcoming beta, right? That would be cool. :)

The screenshots, yet again, depict Johto as the glorious region it was (and still is)! The sprites are neat - Pryce looks rather like an oldie wanting to be young again, with his clothes and all, but it's all good! ;) (If only Pryce was bounded to a wheelchair! :laugh: )

SIDENOTE: Guess what...I posted my (legit) 200th post on your thread. Feel special? :P I know I do!
yes.gif

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Stop making us suffer with your great screens, zel! Every time you post some new screens Sunday seems to get farther and farther away because the wanting to play the next Beta grows and grows. YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON! jks jks but the screens look great. I don't know what everyone's complaining about, Pryce's sprite looks good. But maybe it's cuz I just skimmed through the last few pages. Not in the mood to read too much. I'll go look at it again and give an edit.

EDIT: Okay so Pryce's sprite is fine for the common re-occuring complaints: The hand on the cane is too big, and I find the hand off the cane is too... not there. It looks like it's just an arm. The left leg is also weird, well actually the foot could use a little more foot-like features.

That's all from me. Good bye Zel. Take your time hacking.

P.S. B4 and already all of E4 will be done plus places of Kanto?? Nice. That's one to really look forward to playing.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, I don't think it's that bad, but it's 'different', that's for sure. He looks like a hipster-sorta guy really! :D Anyway, overall the sprites are really good, even better than the original!
yes.gif

Years
Looks great. Just a suggestion, would the program "cyclone" by mewthree inc help with fixing the map at all?

Also, i can't find the coin case in the underground, i've looked everywhere.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
kool i like the pryce sprite looks kool (for an old guy anyway =p) and does the guy give you anything if u get a larger magikarp i saw that in the original gold but i never figured out what exactly your supposed to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back