• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Dissension

How is Dissension Looking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
this game is part of my good games to wait for list but please hurry i'm tired of waiting but still take your time;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2010
Name - Allen
Age - 10
Have you been a beta tester before -
If so, on what hack - NONE
do you have a clean FR ROM - Yes
Email - [email protected]

This looks SUPER good and i wanna help beta test

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
So!?

Some of you may be wondering where the heck I have been the last few months. Well, I have been having some medical issues involving stroke like symptoms. Since this was a pretty severe thing, I ended up having a couple MRI scans which yielded no results as far as what might be causing my symptoms. So I have been dealing with numbness, loss of vision, loss of memory, and even slurring in my speech.

On August 6th I was rushed to the emergency room after an "Attack" in which led to me losing my vision and crashing my car into a guard rail which let loose and sent me down the hill into a river. I was treated for a broken leg, and multiple cuts and wounds. It really could have been a lot worse, I am lucky to have only suffered some cuts and a broken leg.

Anyways,
So!?

Some of you may be wondering where the heck I have been the last few months. Well, I have been having some medical issues involving stroke like symptoms. Since this was a pretty severe thing, I ended up having a couple MRI scans which yielded no results as far as what might be causing my symptoms. So I have been dealing with numbness, loss of vision, loss of memory, and even slurring in my speech.

On August 6th I was rushed to the emergency room after an "Attack" in which led to me losing my vision and crashing my car into a guard rail which let loose and sent me down the hill into a river. I was treated for a broken leg, and multiple cuts and wounds. It really could have been a lot worse, I am lucky to have only suffered some cuts and a broken leg.

Anyways,

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Prepare! For a Revamp!

I am working on conceptual references as of now, but hopefully I will be able to present some new stuff to the public soon :D

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Maybe give this a break, im no doctor but your condition doesn't sound the best. Anyways I would really like you to continue on the the other hand. Good Luck.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Doc told me there is not much they can do at this time as they really have no clue what it could be. So until then, continue on with my life and make sure I get into my checkups.

Thus Dissension will be continuing :)

Here is a VERY
rough draft of the Pokemon menu within the games main menu. This screen is subject to change, and most likely will evolve over time, but here is what it looks like as it stands.

66vk7n.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hey everyone!​

Very sorry for the HUGE lack of updates. But you may be happy to know that Dissension has and will continue production. I will be uploading some new screens fairly soon, I have not had internet access, so Dissension has kinda been off the radar, but it has progressed :).

Hope everyone will stay tuned.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Intro sprite is fantastic, but I don't like the OW, sorry. ^^"
Btw, it's a very good game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The screenshots in the first post look really well.
I love the player sprites.
I like the animated images with the pokemon moving.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Here is a preview of a GUI Concept. I hope everyone enjoys it.

t7j4f6.png

That does look cool, but why do I feel that you ripped my bottom menu icons and just edited the Brightness and Contrast. I mean common, the bottom color selection, that's split on from my game, and even the my recolored Pokedex and stuff. I guess you didn't like the bag since you changed it, but it's too big of a coincidence that they follow the same color scheme:
capture007.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
That does look cool, but why do I feel that you ripped my bottom menu icons and just edited the Brightness and Contrast. I mean common, the bottom color selection, that's split on from my game, and even the my recolored Pokedex and stuff. I guess you didn't like the bag since you changed it, but it's too big of a coincidence that they follow the same color scheme:
capture007.png

Woah!
Lets pump the brakes.

First off. The buttons I used look quite different from yours. I note yours has a smooth gradient for one, and mine does not. On top of that, here is my scource for the buttons. Talk to spaceemotion if you think he took yours. In fact, talk to nintendo, looks like they took your icons as well.
Spoiler:

That being said, I am going to move into the color arguement.

1. Gray scale has no intellectual proprietor.
2. Gray scale is not even a color scheme really.
3. An option to choose a colored GUI is most certainly not your intellectual property, if I were to think otherwise I would state that your idea probably stemmed on another game around here. *Raptorahem*
4. Squares do not have any intellectual proprietor either, and despite that they will change to something else rather soon, if you really feel like you need credit for clickable squares then so it shall be. Check the first page :)

If you still, really believe that I took your icons and your idea of a clickable square, then please take it up with an admin. I will not argue further in this thread about the matter.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

Woah!
Lets pump the brakes.

First off. The buttons I used look quite different from yours. I note yours has a smooth gradient for one, and mine does not. On top of that, here is my scource for the buttons. Talk to spaceemotion if you think he took yours. In fact, talk to nintendo, looks like they took your icons as well.
Spoiler:

That being said, I am going to move into the color arguement.

1. Gray scale has no intellectual proprietor.
2. Gray scale is not even a color scheme really.
3. An option to choose a colored GUI is most certainly not your intellectual property, if I were to think otherwise I would state that your idea probably stemmed on another game around here. *Raptorahem*
4. Squares do not have any intellectual proprietor either, and despite that they will change to something else rather soon, if you really feel like you need credit for clickable squares then so it shall be. Check the first page :)

If you still, really believe that I took your icons and your idea of a clickable square, then please take it up with an admin. I will not argue further in this thread about the matter.

It's completely fine, thanks for explaining it further though. It just seemed to similar to me (same gradients, color tone, and overall design). No credit is needed, and you do with your stuff whatever you feel like doing. I won't argue and really really like your interface :) I like that the whole window looks so shiny and smooth, but you might have some serious issues carrying out your idea.

Once you start working into it (don't know if you already have) you might stumble upon a serious, and really serious lag issue. Because you have put in so many graphics and images, which will need to be updated, it might cause serious lag during gameplay, and within other interfaces. The big benefit of not including mouse functions and things like that, is that it is easier to make it lag free, but from what I see, you will need really smart coding and very few update loops to keep the game running smoothly. Just a word of advice.

Once sorry if I really bashed you, just wanted to clear things up. So far it seems like good work.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
It's completely fine, thanks for explaining it further though. It just seemed to similar to me (same gradients, color tone, and overall design). No credit is needed, and you do with your stuff whatever you feel like doing. I won't argue and really really like your interface :) I like that the whole window looks so shiny and smooth, but you might have some serious issues carrying out your idea.

Once you start working into it (don't know if you already have) you might stumble upon a serious, and really serious lag issue. Because you have put in so many graphics and images, which will need to be updated, it might cause serious lag during gameplay, and within other interfaces. The big benefit of not including mouse functions and things like that, is that it is easier to make it lag free, but from what I see, you will need really smart coding and very few update loops to keep the game running smoothly. Just a word of advice.

Once sorry if I really bashed you, just wanted to clear things up. So far it seems like good work.

I am honestly not too worried about lag at the moment. This is purely conceptual work at the moment and anything is subject to change. It looks like a lot to take, but I have e feeling it should be fine, I can reduce the image weights to help a bit.

Only one way to know for sure, and that is to make it :)

2qjzrf8.jpg

Small update.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

It has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting The Pokecommunity thread of Dissension updates so here they are.

Here is an outdated version of North Odale Grove, the starting location in Dissension.

28jldat.png

The brief moment Dissension used a Dual Screen

2dgsvpi.png
2957g4l.png

Here are some samples of the GUI I have been working on for Dissension.

The Pokedex

2zp00et.png

A sample of the bronze color GUI

2rruvm9.png

So there you have it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back