• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tournament of Life [T] (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
@Rune Alchemist: It can have an egg move, however you'll have to sacrifice it for Pound. The egg moves available are: Present, Mimic, Tickle, Wish and Stored Power. Feel free to keep Pound or swap Pound with one of the following. ;v;

@DeLaMuerte: No worries, the IC thread will most likely be posted by tonight if not in the coming days.

Also a note, if the roleplay has started, and there are spots still left, others can still join!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Wait, how does that work? My Cleffa wouln't have an attack should I choose Wish? Only Charm and Wish?

... That's kinda like starting off with Ralts or Magicarp. I always wondered how Wally was able to get by with only a Ralts that knows Growl.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Well it's not mandatory that you choose Wish or any of the attacks listed, they're just giving you more options since your Pokemon hatched from the mystery egg. It's up to you if you'd like to keep Pound or switch to another move should you choose it.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
-looks at Cleffa's Move tree-

Considering that Cleffa doesn't learn another attack until 16, or 10 as a Clefairy, I don't think switching her only attack for Wish is a wise choice. Besides, Cleffa can learn Mimic by Leveling. Present and Stored Power doesn't exactly help her case... Present has a chance of restoring a Pokemon's HP (I tried using Present on a Rattata once, just to check the attack. 6 out of 7, it heals it ~.~ Seems to work that way for EVERY SINGLE RATTATA I try it on.)

There's Covet, but that's only half the handicap. The rest of the Attacks are status enhancers.

... If I'm going to choose another attack, can I choose to go together with another player?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What do you mean? If you mean team up with another player, than yes, but it won't count as another attack? I'm slightly confused. You're allowed to travel with another player if both parties accept, though. And remember, you can keep pound too. :P

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Well, either it's between Pound and Wish. So it's either Cleffa has Pound and Charm, or Wish and Charm. Or are you trying to say something else?

... Wish Charm. Huh.

And I mean When I choose Wish, may I travel with another player since my Cleffa doesn't have any HP Decreasing attacks. Why would I attack another player?

Ah, the heck. I'll just rough it out. Another self-imposed challenge... I admire whoever chooses Lotad and Tangela. Why? Lotad's attacks doesn't affect Normal Types. There are a lot of Normal Types at the start. And Tangela? Constrict... I never got what Constrict is supposed to do. Does anyone know if there's anything special about that?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
@Sarah Morgan: That's fine! But you're always welcome to join if you wish to, so keep that in mind. ;v;

@Rune Alchemist: Personally, I'd opt for Pound & Charm, but if you wish (no pun intended) to go with Wish & Charm that's fine. So Wish & Charm it is? And yes, you may travel with another player if you want to, but the other player needs to agree to it.

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Well, if anyone here finds my character interesting enough to journey with, give me a Private Message and we'll work it out.

If none, then yay. I get to rough it out. I'm going to catch a Growlithe as soon as possible.

And yes, Wish Charm combo! Now to get to a temple...

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Lokiepie suggested we go together. Yay, I don't have to go all spartan on my Cleffa.

So, the RP'll start soon eh... =)

Years
Anyone want to travel with me? No one has to, but I'd like a companion. Also, PM me if you want to.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
@gimmepie: I wanted to just remain GM as I didn't want to overload myself with too much work. (I'm already participating in another roleplay + managing this one). Not to mention I've got other responsibilites her to attend to.

Anyway, I've add an Etherpad with everyone's teams so over the course of the RP, if your team changes you can easily adjust them. I won't always be around to make changes so you'll have to make them yourselves most of the time. ~ Anyway, now it's just a waiting game; we just have to be patient for it to be accepted and posted. Anything you guys are particularly looking forward to in this roleplay?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Aah~ I see what you mean. I have my own RP planned, but when I joined an RP I know I won't be able to manage it...

You playing your own RP + Managing it? Too much for some people.

I'm looking forward for my first capture, honestly =) And the interaction.

The Princess and the Pauper!

I wonder, maybe if we synchronized teams and hair, nobody can tell us apart. (Will never happen. Both are fickle about their hair.)

Years
Fair enough it can be a lot of work.

I'm mostly looking forward to character interaction since we all have such different and interesting characters and back stories. Looking forward to making an interesting team also, I want to pick pokemon that I wouldn't usually choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back