• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
Release 1.2

Originally I didn't plan to release any further Beta's as I felt no more work was needed, however after taking a look at the Documents I felt they were in need of an overdue update.

First, I have created an extra Document which lists the Evolutions, Item Changes, Ability Changes etc which do have a couple of new entries. I have created a separate Document for Level Up & Stat Changes which both are much more clear and readable than previously. This was my main aim for this release to sort out any misleading information on the Documents and to give them all a general tidy up.

Another couple of little extras I have added is two small events for Snorlax & Lapras, rather than finding them in the wild which is kind of lazy, I have assigned events to them similarly to the starters and legendaries. I've also added a couple of extra helpful items into the game whicn includes the Thick Club that can be found at Mossdeep City for Marowak.

Finally, I have edited some of the Wild Pokemon locations so that they are more suited to the habitat they are found in. I have made sure that all Pokemon that are usually found on Water Routes that you can only catch by obtaining Surf such as Seel, Feebas, Qwilfish etc. are all available before the third gym, these can be obtained by using the Old Rod on specific Routes or Towns (You can find a list of all these in the Wild Pokemon Locations Document)

So basically I would recommend downloading this Beta as it has a major aesthetic change to the Documents providing much more clear information, a few tweaks to leaders (and others) teams i.e Flannery now uses Flareon and you can obtain some Event Pokemon in a more interactive way.

A couple of images of the changes for Beta 1.2 below.
Lapras_zpsa009ed4c.png
PokemonEmerald_01-4_zpsb2881551.png
ThickClub1_zps71cf3210.png

Years
Release 1.2

Originally I didn't plan to release any further Beta's as I felt no more work was needed, however after taking a look at the Documents I felt they were in need of an overdue update.

First, I have created an extra Document which lists the Evolutions, Item Changes, Ability Changes etc which do have a couple of new entries. I have created a separate Document for Level Up & Stat Changes which both are much more clear and readable than previously. This was my main aim for this release to sort out any misleading information on the Documents and to give them all a general tidy up.

Another couple of little extras I have added is two small events for Snorlax & Lapras, rather than finding them in the wild which is kind of lazy, I have assigned events to them similarly to the starters and legendaries. I've also added a couple of extra helpful items into the game whicn includes the Thick Club that can be found at Mossdeep City for Marowak.

Finally, I have edited some of the Wild Pokemon locations so that they are more suited to the habitat they are found in. I have made sure that all Pokemon that are usually found on Water Routes that you can only catch by obtaining Surf such as Seel, Feebas, Qwilfish etc. are all available before the third gym, these can be obtained by using the Old Rod on specific Routes or Towns (You can find a list of all these in the Wild Pokemon Locations Document)

So basically I would recommend downloading this Beta as it has a major aesthetic change to the Documents providing much more clear information, a few tweaks to leaders (and others) teams i.e Flannery now uses Flareon and you can obtain some Event Pokemon in a more interactive way.

A couple of images of the changes for Beta 1.2 below.
Lapras_zpsa009ed4c.png
PokemonEmerald_01-4_zpsb2881551.png
ThickClub1_zps71cf3210.png
Nicely done bro!!! By the way is that a Snorlax a shiny one? Looks like it???

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
This hack is awesome!
My dream to bring the full potential of all the 3rd gen pokemons will be fulfilled.
However, the receptionist in the Lilycove contest is glitched, I can't enter T.T
The dialogue kept popping out saying "CONGRATULATIONS....blablabla" and when I press B I can move away but the dialogue box still there unless I get out of the room or talking to other NPC.
Is the new update (beta 1.2) fixes this bug? Or if not, can you fix it? I really want to enter the contest..
Thanks, and oh and I am using the beta 1.1 btw.

-edited-
I've tested the beta 1.2, and still having the same problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I don't know what to say....

It is just wonderful!
tbh, I don't think that much else is needed. Should focus on fixing the current known bugs and searching for others.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Hmm that's weird, i entered the contest and its fine .. Are you sure its not your rom? I'm on beta 1.2 btw.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
Hmm that's weird, i entered the contest and its fine .. Are you sure its not your rom? I'm on beta 1.2 btw.

I don't think so. I've using Pokemon Emerald USA right from romhustler. And as long as I play beta 1.1, nothing wrong until the Lilycove contest. Then I apply beta 1.2 in the new rom and continue with my save file. It worked fine, but still having the same glitch from Lilycove contest's receptionist.
Is it my save file? Should I restart my game for it to work and start with beta 1.2? Anyone having the same problem as me?

l'm kinda sad if I should restart, since I've raised my team well, here they aare btw,
Blaziken Lv 71
Swampert Lv 68
Sceptile Lv 71
Alakazam Lv 70
Swellow Lv 67
Linoone Lv 63 (Pick Up,Covet and HM Slave)

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
I don't know if this is a bug or something , somehow i can't use potions or even check my pokemons stats.

btw this hack is great and thanks for sharing!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
2 bugs I found.

1st was when I went to test post-game stuff. I went to fight the E4 on BF. I had one pokemon in my party which it duped (so I had two wobbufets or however you spell it instead of one) and since it is doubles it should have checked to make sure I have 2 or more (Not sure how to do this.)

2nd was a old bug I reported. the "pre battle mugshot" of the E4 rematches on BF are all of Wallace. and have his music too.

Lastly, does anyone have any idea how the cries of Sceptile/Combusken/Blaziken get corrupted? I looked at the cry tab in the pokedex and when the corrupted part played the sound waves moved in accordance to the corruption. So maybe getting the original cry and reinserting it may fix it? But then whatever was done that caused the corruption may be reversed and cause more problems....

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Lastly, does anyone have any idea how the cries of Sceptile/Combusken/Blaziken get corrupted? I looked at the cry tab in the pokedex and when the corrupted part played the sound waves moved in accordance to the corruption. So maybe getting the original cry and reinserting it may fix it? But then whatever was done that caused the corruption may be reversed and cause more problems....

I mentioned it before in the thread: basically Advancemap used the wrong section of Emerald for free space, corrupting all sorts of stuff during editing. Can't be fixable without breaking well... everything.

Years
I don't know if anyone has reported this before but in the Abandonned Ship near Dewford Town, when I went to the cabins where the diving spot was located(which is in the center, this happened on the left and right from it), I encountered Missingno. as if it was a wild Pokémon. What's causing this?

Years
I don't know if anyone has reported this before but in the Abandonned Ship near Dewford Town, when I went to the cabins where the diving spot was located(which is in the center, this happened on the left and right from it), I encountered Missingno. as if it was a wild Pokémon. What's causing this?
Yeah I also reported those MisisngNos to Suicune and they also have a high Encounter rate too

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2015
Hey Suicune, I'm patched the isp and got the rom and while playing the i got Torchic had Speed Boost! I doesn't mention this in the changes documents. In addition, the levels for the First Rival battles are wrong. Could you upload the original post with the updated and correct changes documents? Thanks! Btw, awesomest Emerald hack ever, much better than Emerald 386. :D

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey Suicune, I'm patched the isp and got the rom and while playing the i got Torchic had Speed Boost! I doesn't mention this in the changes documents. In addition, the levels for the First Rival battles are wrong. Could you upload the original post with the updated and correct changes documents? Thanks! Btw, awesomest Emerald hack ever, much better than Emerald 386. :D
It's because of new updates that had been made without updating the documents ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2015
It's because of new updates that had been made without updating the documents ;)

ooohhh, I see. Stupid me, probably didnt catch that. Whatever, Hopefully there weren't to many changes since I got mu whole ultimate team planned out. Btw, Marowak kicks butt now with its speed and attack increases, plus Thick Club. XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
which one is the final one??? beta 1.2 or beta 7.5??
i so confuse.. can anyone post to me the link of the final release????
thx a lot

Back