• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
10. Haven't watched Naruto in quite some time now... I do play Ultimate Ninja Storm: Generations almost daily though. XD

On a completely unrelated note: anyone here who watches darts?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Recent events in the mango
Spoiler:
made me want to revisit the pre timeskip stuff. So I am.

Darts, one of the few sports I don't enjoy enough to follow. All I know is that Dutch guy Barney was pretty good at it.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Well that Dutch just lost.XD He put up a heck of a match though...
I started watching a few days ago (there was nothing better on the tv at that moment.)
And then I got ninja'd heaps...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I have played darts a few times but never taking it more seriously than something to kill some time.

There is something I like about it though, the signs in the crowd. I think providing providing people with those cards is a brilliant idea.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
17. what are we talking about now? darts? how do you guys come up with this kind of stuff and stick with it for days on end? its dudes throwing pointy sticks at at a piece of plastic/wood. well, not any less productive then anything i talk about and now i've joined the conversation anyways, carry on.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Yeah, what Lapras said.

And I honestly can't understand people who can like Fairy tail but dislike One Piece. Fairy tail is just One Piece's duplicate. Except it doesn't have everything that makes One Piece awesome. The author himself worships One Piece's mangaka and has copied quite a lot of stuff. Honestly, the only thing I like in fairy tail as of now is the boobs and butts. The mangaka definitely knows his stuff as far as body proportions are concerned. :p

These two pictures sum up my argument pretty well:
Spoiler:

derozio

Years
It ain't a rip-off, per se. But I'm just saying quite a lot of stuff has been influenced by OP. I don't like getting into arguments either. But I just thought people who don't watch One Piece and watch Fairy Tail might wanna see that it has some OP influences. :p

But I guess I got a little carried away back then and messed up with my wording. Duplicate...shouldn't have called it that.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

It's not a rip off, going by that logic everything is a rip of of the first 5 or 6 shows. The plot structure is similar and unsurprisingly a mangaka that worked under Oda has a similar art style.

Fairy Tail just lacks good writing, endearing characters and a sense of excitement. One Piece is an aged vintage wine whereas Fairy Tail is an off the shelf alcopop.

I do like that Celtic rock OST a lot though.

I will also admit dat gal Erza G b sum buff ting. Even if her back story makes me want to punch babies.
Spoiler:

derozio

Years
One Piece is an aged vintage wine whereas Fairy Tail is an off the shelf alcopop.
I dunno much about drinks but..that sounds good. So I agree! :p

And I like FT's music too. Actually prefer it to One Piece's soundtrack. There are really good ones in OP but they are few and far between.

Also I didn't know FT's mangaka worked under Oda. I just thought he's a fan.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Early One Piece OST was one of the best ever.

That switch up at 50 seconds sends shivers.

Also thought it was hilarious when they used it for the scene where Sanji met Shirahoshi.

derozio

Years
Oh yes. I'd love me some good 'ol goodness any day. The music that they've been using these days is just okay.
and yes, that part after 49 seconds gives me goosebumps everytime

This is pretty badass, btw.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I know that and like the original Overtaken more. Nami asking for help and the walk to Arlong park is one of my favourite anime scenes ever, that plays. Was a bit upset when they changed it to "Luffy's Fierce Attack" for that Nami anime special.

How do you rate Naruto's OST? Especially that pre Suippuden.

derozio

Years

Haha, those were precisely the words of a friend of mine. He actually hated the fact that they decided to change it. He felt the scene was robbed of its badassness due to it. I, personally, didn't mind.

As for Naruto's ost..I loved it. I actually still love it to this day. They've done a heck of a job on it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I dislike how there hasn't been one memorable piece of music in Shippuden whereas everything in the first 220 eps has stuck with me. I guess that is what you'd expect from the guy that did the Mushishi music.

Eh, I have some shopping to do. RIP in peace, being comfortable in bed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back